Cleveland Launcher XL Halo FW Woods and Hybrid Preview

My 5w, 100%

At 18, my 5w. I think I hit my 5w higher and longer, but I don’t think I would have had any trouble holding a green with this one, and it wasn’t really lacking on distance.

The Hy-Wood is the easiest 18* hybrid or fairway wood the I've hit off the deck. Super good club.

0C00CA48-0C56-474D-A46C-0F981E34C5FA.jpeg33E2BBF4-DEEF-4226-A589-E5A3DE449D2D.jpegD0FE964E-45BE-4F47-8029-CD05992C5199.jpeg

Hy-Wood!

Such a fun club to hit. A real winner there for Cleveland.

Biggest difference I saw between the 3+ Hy-Wood and the standard Halo hybrid was heel to toe length was longer on the Hy-Wood and it was about an inch longer. Also, the stock shaft in the Hy-Wood was 40g where the Halo hybrid had a 60 gram shaft.

I would love to see a comparison in the THP tech studio and on the course between the Halo 5fw 18°, the 3+ Hy-Wood 18°, and the Halo 3 hybrid 18°! Extra length of the fw should give a boost in club head speed, but would the shorter clubs lead to better strikes and overall better results? How would you choose between the 3? Also, a comparison between one of these clubs with the Action Mass CB versus the accuracy build length. What gives you the better results…CB weighting or .5” shorter shaft?

I want one. Maybe end of October.

How do you think this compares to the Epic Super Hybrid? I imagine they're considerably different feel wise, but where would you slot one vs. the other?

How do you think this compares to the Epic Super Hybrid? I imagine they're considerably different feel wise, but where would you slot one vs. the other?

Tough to say personally. They definitely feel pretty different and look pretty different. I will follow this post up with a side by side. I would say gap filling at its finest in selection.

Shorter heel to toe as you can see and a very different shape.

E4AB83AF-5A5A-4FEA-B865-9A351E83BF80.jpeg

C93C0ECB-5838-4AF6-B1EE-AB317E01C1D9.jpeg

Tough to say personally. They definitely feel pretty different and look pretty different. I will follow this post up with a side by side. I would say gap filling at its finest in selection.
This is what I figured, but wanted to check since I know that a bunch of staffers have hit both. I'm digging the Super Hybrid so far, but would be lying if I said this one wasn't intriguing. Appreciate the quick response!

Shorter heel to toe as you can see and a very different shape.

View attachment 9029238

View attachment 9029239

Those are significantly different... Looks like I need to go to PGASS and check these out.

Reactions: JB
I have both of the hybrids and I like them both, for different reasons. I have the Super Hybrid in a 16* that is a great tee club and it perfect for that driller up the fairway that you need for a distance hog (3W replacement). The Hy-wood is my high launching, almost finesse, club that still gets plenty of distance but seems to land more softly because of descent angle. (5W Replacement). These have been my observations on course for my game so far. My hybrids should cohabitate the same bag for a while.

This doesn’t have the ball speed potential the SH does for me, but you said it, wildly different clubs. They’re also different roles imo.

Which way would you go?

B17EED43-DAE4-42A8-B658-C2DDF75B5B6F.jpeg

Launch Lite for me!
The Kinetix stuff impressed me, it was my first exposure to them.

Launch

Launch Lite for me!
The Kinetix stuff impressed me, it was my first exposure to them.
Charged stuff is SPECIAL! :love:

Charged wasn’t half bad at all. That head seemed really easy to launch, I’m not sure if it needs something to help it launch even more?

There are no Right Handed HyWoods left on the Cleveland Website… I might have just went and tried to get one. Lol

Back