Wow … I missed this entire chain of events. It’s actually a HUGE missed opportunity for Wilson. Like when you turn an angry customer into a happy customer, you have them for life and they spread positive word of mouth about your products and your company.

Anyone who actually had money debited from their accounts should be receiving a Wilson gift pack of some kind. The cost of that would pale in comparison to the positive reflection for the brand.

Received this message on Twitter after I tagged them in a post!👍

Hi JC, thank you for reaching out. We are processing your guaranteed refund as quickly as possible. Reimbursement times vary depending on the form of payment selected at checkout. Regardless of payment type, we are working to ensure all affected customers receive refunds by the end of the week.

still no communication from them after the initial cancellation

The Wilson Staff CB is one of the nicest looking clubs on TGW.

But with all of Wilson's competitors, TGW can take custom requests to the manufacturer and the manufacture will ship the clubs with the request length and lie angle adjustments, the requested shafts, and the requested grips directly to the customer.

That goes for Callaway, TaylorMade, Titleist, Ping, Mizuno...just about everybody

Not Wilson. NO OPTIONS OFFERED.

If I WANTED to choose the Staff CB more than any of the others, this would possibly push me to Titleists or Mizunos.

I don't want steel shafts. They make my hands swell by the back nine.

I only play wrap style grips.

I need 1º flat except for Mizunos.

See my point?

Wilson has made excellent golf clubs since the Dead Sea was perfectly healthy.

What's their excuse for this?

The Wilson Staff CB is one of the nicest looking clubs on TGW.

But with all of Wilson's competitors, TGW can take custom requests to the manufacturer and the manufacture will ship the clubs with the request length and lie angle adjustments, the requested shafts, and the requested grips directly to the customer.

That goes for Callaway, TaylorMade, Titleist, Ping, Mizuno...just about everybody

Not Wilson. NO OPTIONS OFFERED.

If I WANTED to choose the Staff CB more than any of the others, this would possibly push me to Titleists or Mizunos.

I don't want steel shafts. They make my hands swell by the back nine.

I only play wrap style grips.

I need 1º flat except for Mizunos.

See my point?

Wilson has made excellent golf clubs since the Dead Sea was perfectly healthy.

What's their excuse for this?
It’s just what they’ve always done in their players CB releases, usually steel with two flexes. Nothing new for them.

Are they missing out? Maybe a little bit, but reality is they only sell a handful of sets compared to their GI options anyway, so offering a ton of options don’t make sense.

This is just not acceptable.

i saw an email exchange from someone asking what the hold up is, and wilson responded that they're working through the refunds based on payment method. i too sent an email inquiring, and received no response. but maybe that explains why i haven't received a refund.

i saw an email exchange from someone asking what the hold up is, and wilson responded that they're working through the refunds based on payment method. i too sent an email inquiring, and received no response. but maybe that explains why i haven't received a refund.
Still, this is just SUCH a bad look…on top of an already bad look. They’re just knocking it out of the park right now :LOL:

Apparently they need a conference call with @GolferGal on how to manage payments.

I used to think THP beat up Wilson a bit too much. I was wrong. Wilson Staff is tone deaf. They’ve taken an honest mistake and made it far worse. Now, they are messing with people’s money.
I think this is the only thread connected to W/S this year. (Can’t remember how far back the ball subscription fiasco goes.) So many great brands are fighting for our business. This is mess of a company with no sense of responsibility.

probably just coincidence, but i did receive a message about 30 minutes ago from paypal (not wilson golf) that the refund is now complete. not sure i would go so far as to say "all's well that ends well" but at least this rollercoaster has come to a full and complete stop and i can get the f**k off.

Callaway, Cobra, Ping, TaylorMade, and Titleist are called the BIG FIVE today.
I would think that Mizuno and possibly Cleveland would have to be up near there as well.

Halfway through the previous century, the BIG THREE were MacGregor, Spalding, and Wilson, with Wilson being acknowledges as the biggest. MacGregor and Spalding are no more, and Wilson is only the tiniest shadow of the powerhouse that it once was.

There has to be a reason for that. Or even several.
The Staff CB is a hell of a good golf club. from all reports, but there still have to be reasons for Wilson's fall from grandeur.

I used to think THP beat up Wilson a bit too much. I was wrong. Wilson Staff is tone deaf. They’ve taken an honest mistake and made it far worse. Now, they are messing with people’s money.
I think this is the only thread connected to W/S this year. (Can’t remember how far back the ball subscription fiasco goes.) So many great brands are fighting for our business. This is mess of a company with no sense of responsibility.
They really had a prime opportunity to turn a negative into a positive customer experience. Instead, they just took the hammer and drove home the final nail in the coffin. Several folks at Wilson are asleep at the wheel.

probably just coincidence, but i did receive a message about 30 minutes ago from paypal (not wilson golf) that the refund is now complete. not sure i would go so far as to say "all's well that ends well" but at least this rollercoaster has come to a full and complete stop and i can get the f**k off.
I paid through Paypal as well and was refunded more than 2 weeks ago, so the excuse of having the delay be due to working through different forms of payment doesn't hold up

Still waiting on my refund!!!:mad:

I read that and was like “he won 4 majors with CB irons”? That can’t be right.

That isn't what it says.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
I read that and was like “he won 4 majors with CB irons”? That can’t be right.
At first, I was trying to figure out who the other 3 were to win with them.

I believe he used the Pi5 for the first three majors.

Back