EXPERIENCE Dream Foursomes with True Temper and Callaway Golf

Based on the Selector tools, Option #1 is the Chromesoft, and Option #2 is the Chromesoft X. If I adjust parameters just a bit they can switch spots. I usually lean to the X type of ball from various manufacturers, but may need to test these side by side.

I'm playing the ERC Soft this weekend. I have played a Truvis in the past. I want to see how the ERC performs for me.

There will be some sort of competition, and these courses are TOUGH. So we urge people regardless of skill level, there is PLENTY of time to get that game in shape. Grab a lesson, work on a few things and come in playing your best.

I say this all of the time, you have the chance to play at a PGA Tour stop and the same courses the pros play every year. It has hosted a major, a Ryder Cup, etc. Play it with people from two of the biggest golf companies in the world. Not some local sales reps, but actual people involved with bringing equipment to market.

Everybody's skill level is different, but I would want to be playing my best at least.

Wow! Lots of stuff going through my mind. I still can't believe that I was selected for this Experience. I am still in awe of the fact that I am going to have the privilege of playing golf with two very important people in the golfing industry, along with 5 THPers. Reading Jason and Keenan's titles makes it sink in. And as a golf fan, I am familiar with PGA National and its history of hosting Tour Events, a Major and a Ryder Cup. Plus, there is an iconic 3 hole stretch on the back 9.

As for my game, I will be bringing the best possible game I can. I'm going to be spending the next 5-6 weeks continuing to work on my game. But I will be bringing two other important things with me too - extreme gratitude and a great attitude.

Last edited:

Most of the people coming said they don't play either True Temper or Callaway ;)
[/QUOTE]

low key burn.

I’d buy a set of apex combos today with TT shafts if they could ship them

There will be some sort of competition, and these courses are TOUGH. So we urge people regardless of skill level, there is PLENTY of time to get that game in shape. Grab a lesson, work on a few things and come in playing your best.

I say this all of the time, you have the chance to play at a PGA Tour stop and the same courses the pros play every year. It has hosted a major, a Ryder Cup, etc. Play it with people from two of the biggest golf companies in the world. Not some local sales reps, but actual people involved with bringing equipment to market.

Everybody's skill level is different, but I would want to be playing my best at least.

Hoping to make this true! Have my club championship and a trip to Kiawah before PGA National. The club event and Kiawah are just warm-ups at this point ;)

A long time ago I played the Weston Hills CC which had previously hosted the Honda Classic. Great course! Really enjoyed it and played well but was disappointed I came from California and didn't see 1 gator!

Oh I'm putting the effort in, but results may vary. :LOL:

I actually have enough "par points" built up at the course that's 5 minutes from my house to cash them in for a free month long membership. I'm cashing in on that today, so I will play more golf over the next month then I ever have in my life. It'll be great to go out after work and just try to golf 9. I also just invested in a BirdieBall putting mat so I can work on my putting every day. I do want to try and get a lesson in or two as well, but I mean I don't see my handicap DRAMATICALLY changing over the next month and half. I can only try my best!

Oh I'm putting the effort in, but results may vary. :LOL:

I actually have enough "par points" built up at the course that's 5 minutes from my house to cash them in for a free month long membership. I'm cashing in on that today, so I will play more golf over the next month then I ever have in my life. It'll be great to go out after work and just try to golf 9. I also just invested in a BirdieBall putting mat so I can work on my putting every day. I do want to try and get a lesson in or two as well, but I mean I don't see my handicap DRAMATICALLY changing over the next month and half. I can only try my best!
All anybody could ever ask for is for people to try their best and of course have fun.

One's handicap dropping has little to do with it. It's all about perspective. Here is the opportunity presented and if one wants to take it, run with it and use it as a motivator to put in the time, its there. If they don't that is up to them too.

There will be something on the line. We know THPers love the competition side of things and this will be no different.

low key burn.

I’d buy a set of apex combos today with TT shafts if they could ship them
FWIW, Budget Golf had that exact set available yesterday for immediate shipping. ;)
Wonder if a THPer grabbed them.

FWIW, Budget Golf had that exact set available yesterday for immediate shipping. ;)
Wonder if a THPer grabbed them.

you know I don’t play stock length or lie angle.

Last edited:
I mean that's a hell of a generous offer! I'd probably be stressed out hitting someone else's driver, don't duff it, don't hit it on the crown, I'd probably be a disaster lol.
No worries, the offer is there. You're not going to do anything I would/wouldn't. It's a golf cub, you want it, you got it. And don't feel bad about it. It's already got a sky mark or ten. Just make sure I get it back, that's my favorite driver (right now at least).

A907E541-12E0-4729-B0D8-466609DBD852.jpeg

Here in these indecipherable scrawls are some of the questions I may have about True Temper and Callaway.

Are those... hieroglyphics?

View attachment 9029388

Here in these indecipherable scrawls are some of the questions I may have about True Temper and Callaway.
I like where you're going with this.

Tempo vs. Speed is a really interesting topic!

What do you hope to learn when asking about product performance vs. marketing?

I like where you're going with this.

Tempo vs. Speed is a really interesting topic!

What do you hope to learn when asking about product performance vs. marketing?

I watched several of Keenan’s True Temper School videos and he talked about the difference between speed and tempo in the golf swing and how the shafts are affected. I don’t know a lot about shafts but I want to know what shaft would fit my swing. I know my speed is relatively slow but I have no clue as to tempo.

The product performance v. marketing is a follow up on what JB wrote in a recent post about Callaway Balls. It was something that Jason Finley referenced. I’m interested from a marketing perspective of how they market the balls to an average mid-handicap golfer like me.

Last edited:
I like the speed vs tempo question @Bernoulli . My swing speed usually says I should play shaft A, but my tempo usually fits better with shaft B. Interested to see what Keenan has to say.

I like the speed vs tempo question @Bernoulli . My swing speed usually says I should play shaft A, but my tempo usually fits better with shaft B. Interested to see what Keenan has to say.

That’s exactly it. I know my swing speed speed screams Regular but I have no idea what shaft flex best fits my tempo.

Last edited:
I bought a sleeve of regular ChromeSoft today. I am planning on playing them this weekend.

Back