JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When it comes to golf movies, most immediately go to Caddyshack, the cult classic from 1980 (don’t mention the sequel). After that there is a list quite long of others that try to garner that top spot.

So what is the best golf movie?

Tin Cup
Greatest Game Ever Played
Happy Gilmore
Legend of Bagger Vance
Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius
From the Rough
Others?

What are your favorites and who takes the top spot?

Untitled-15-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

Legend of bagger Vance and the greatest game are my favs. Caddie shack is fun but I like the other two more.

Big Caddyshack fan because of its comedic performances but my favorite golf movie is Dead Solid Perfect.

Greatest Game followed by Bagger Vance.

Tin Cup is my favorite. Caddyshack has some great scenes and lines too but doesn't quite top it.

The Greatest Game Ever played is my favorite. The Legend of Bagger Vance would be next followed by Tin Cup, Happy Gilmore and Caddy Shack.

I would probably say Tin Cup or Happy Gilmore, since I will watch them every time they are on.

C4471341-2C00-4832-81E9-F260D0EC6AB9.gif

Legend of Bagger Vance followed by Tin Cup followed by Greatest Game Ever Played.

Greatest Game Ever Played is top for me

caddyshack is king but after that i love watching happy gilmore. i watch it every time it is on and i still laugh every time i watch it.

Caddyshack!!
The 2nd one should never have been made. Happy Gilmore is a fun time but not the same as Caddyshack.

For Enjoyment?

Caddyshack
Tin Cup
Happy Gilmore

In that order. The others are fine, but just not something I would seek out, or probably even watch if it is on.

Greatest Game ever Played for a more serious overall golf movie and then it's Tin Cup and Happy Gilmore for funny.

I read once where a director, who made sports movies, said that making a genuine golf movie is tough because the audience will know right away if the actor is a golfer or not.

Greatest game ever played then legend of bagger Vance.

To this day I'm proud I haven't seen Tin Cup, this causes much consternation with a couple of my golfing friends

I saw Follow the Sun when I was a teenager. The fictionalized life story of Hogan increased my interest in playing the game.

I can't believe no one has mentioned seven days in utopia :ROFLMAO:

My top 3 are....

Tin Cup
Caddyshack
Greatest Game Ever Played

Greatest Game.

Dead Solid Perfect by a mile.

I've never heard of that
It's based on the book by Dan Jenkins. It's a book written in the mid 70s and there is no way it could made into a movie today.

Back