2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

I don’t know why, but I am more geeked than I usually am with new clubs to get these out for a test run.
really looking forward to your testing!

when the f*** will mine ship?

I hit 30 balls today, out in a grass field. The water has been turned off for the year because of our severe drought, so it was not possible to laser an exact yardage, given the likely rollout. Based on where I estimated the balls were hitting the ground, though, I am now more than excited. The gw, pw and 9i all seem to be hitting my exact yardages. The dispersion is fantastic. With the pw, I could hit a more boring shot that turned over a bit or a high straight shot. The single 9 iron swing had a ball flight looked so good to my eye. I was hitting the ball a groove or two thin today on many shots (as evidenced in the photo) and I was not being penalized. since my miss is normally thin, this excites me.

As all others have said, the T100S feels so satisfying on well struck shots. They are going to be a pleasure to play and to look at in the bag.

Finally, the gw worked to perfection. I could feel the ball compressing well. As mentioned in another post, this was one of my greatest hopes.

Part of this is getting back to a shaft that I know is tried and true for me (SteelFiber i95 R, hardstepped). However, the irons look so good behind the ball that it makes me feel confident. These initial results, albeit with only wedges and a 9 iron have me super stoked.

FA0ECDA3-0365-4F21-ABEC-98D2F95DAAD4.jpeg

Working on the edit for T200 vs T300 and it should go next week

I have an iron fitting scheduled for next week and the fitter called me first thing this morning. Fall has hit and with the cooler temperatures and rain, they will probably close the grass range after this weekend. He wanted me to hit every possible head off the grass knowing that the turf interaction was a big reason for me moving from my current irons.

So I went over at lunch and met him at the demo racks. He watched me hit a few, said "PX LZ 6.0" and handed me a huge bucket of balls and the wrenches for each of the OEMs. I should go back and count how many heads I hit but it was at least a dozen - stretching from players to players distance to GI. Best part is that the wind was into me at 15-20 mph so any ballflight tendencies were going to be exaggerated. I only hit 3-5 balls per head since the primary focus was grass interaction.

It was interesting to experience how different the heads reacted - both through the turf and then the ballflight. I had never just hit a variety of heads back to back with the same shaft. Many unexpected results I must say.

Long story short, the T200 was the star of the show for me (I did not hit the 100 or 100s because they were being used for a fitting). Turf interaction was great - I am shallow and they took a nice small even patch of grass. Even more impressive was the ballflight. They got up in a hurry but did not get eaten up by the wind. I hit a nice soft draw and peppered the 150 disk (good for me in that headwind). Liked it so much that I probably hit 25 balls with it. It will be interesting to see what transpires in the actual fitting but that T200 Project X LZ combo definitely produced better results than any iron I have played previously.

I will agree that it has the usual Titleist click - but better than the original T200s and nothing that would stop me from playing them. I have played enough types of heads that the only feel I absolutely need is to know where on the clubface I hit the ball.

Last edited:
I don’t know why these have caught my fancy so much. Dare I say it? I think the T100/T100S are the best looking player cavity irons that I have ever hit.

Does anyone have Forged Tecs that can offer a comparison with T200? Maybe a picture or two? Mainly for looks and size.

Does anyone have Forged Tecs that can offer a comparison with T200? Maybe a picture or two? Mainly for looks and size.
I can have a 200 6 and 5 iron. I played Forged Tecs. I will be able to give you at least some comparison soon.

It's an interesting comparison. Curious to hear what @Tenputt has to say about this.

Edit: okay, should have refreshed the page. Lol. He's going to give you pictures.

Here ya go.

00513729-7ACA-4294-8B3C-5EB00FC5AB4C.jpeg
8E99C5C6-5568-482A-A343-DEE2890AAD6B.jpeg
CCA958BB-A0A3-4363-826F-0E210FBE83E6.jpeg

Okay, the T200 is a tad shorter in length and height, and perhaps slightly less offset.

Measuring on our table they appear to be the same length.
Slightly shorter and offset is pretty darn close too. Top line is a hair thinner on Cobra.
Construction is a bit different, but in straight looks it's close.

Okay, the T200 is a tad shorter in length and height, and perhaps slightly less offset.
Now the question is: is that a good thing for you? 😉
Might also be due to different coatings - that often plays with one’s mind.

Slightly shorter and offset is pretty darn close too. Top line is a hair thinner on Cobra.
Thanks.

This was my experience, and why I find it a very interesting comparison. Look pretty different, but not really that different in a lot of ways.

It's an interesting comparison. Curious to hear what @Tenputt has to say about this.

Edit: okay, should have refreshed the page. Lol. He's going to give you pictures.
@Parrot - since you have the photos, I will add some thoughts on playability comparison, as soon as I have a chance to hit the S200s, although, again, I only have the 5 and 6.

@Parrot - since you have the photos, I will add some thoughts on playability comparison, as soon as I have a chance to hit the S200s, although, again, I only have the 5 and 6.
That would be awesome, thanks!

I hit the T200 6 iron for the very first time today. I did not even hit them prior to making my order. I just felt strongly that the T100S would be too much club for me in the 5 and 6 irons, so I created a combo set with my 7 through gw T00Ss.

I went back out to the soccer fields by my office. They are not used during the day this time of year, but there are about 190 yards, parking lot to street, so I didn’t dare get too cute. I took two swings with the 6 iron. The first, I flared right. The second felt great and gave me a nice high ball flight. I walked out to pick up the balls and lasered the shots back. I was surprised to see that both of them went almost the exact same distance, within feet, not yards. That is something that I noticed in reviews I have watched. The distance is very consistent. This makes me very happy.

The distance on both was 178 yards. I did not try to put a hard move on these swings, because I didn’t want to end up with a ball out in the parking lot. However, 180 yards are the distance I wanted the 6 iron to fill for me and it surely looks like it will.

This set keeps shaping up to be a real winner.

That would be awesome, thanks!
My initial input would be that I don’t think the two sets would perform much differently for you in the middle irons. I loved the Forged Tecs in the middle irons. They were some of the best that I have ever played. From a minuscule sample size, I think that the T200s are going to be great as well.

My problem with the Forged Tecs is that I struggled with the pw and especially the gw. They did not gap into the rest of the set very well for me. I am sure that it was a me thing, and had to do with how I deliver the club to the ball. I tend to be shallow and add some dynamic loft with my irons.

So, for me, the key comparison between the two sets would be how the short irons and the wedges work in the T200s. Since I have a combo set, I won’t be able to help there. I hope this is useful for you.

One additional tidbit that I would add, based upon what I am seeing in the T100S irons is that I am being punished on toe hits. There has been a definite drop in distance when I miss out on the toe, relative to some other offerings. On the other hand, a little towards the heel has not hurt me at all. A little thin has not hurt me, either.

Given that different deliveries to the ball might affect this, take it with a grain of salt. In addition, my normal miss is not toe-side, so it doesn’t worry me in the least.

given the wider heel and a little thicker topline that are both pretty evident in the photos, I wonder if the T200 is going to provide a bit more foregiveness for many players as compared ot the Forged Tec. As I continue to think through my few swings and try to remember my experience with the Forged Tecs, I would say that the FTs might have provided a bit more speed in the mid irons, but the T200s might be a bit more forgiving.

One additional tidbit that I would add, based upon what I am seeing in the T100S irons is that I am being punished on toe hits. There has been a definite drop in distance when I miss out on the toe, relative to some other offerings. On the other hand, a little towards the heel has not hurt me at all. A little thin has not hurt me, either.

Given that different deliveries to the ball might affect this, take it with a grain of salt. In addition, my normal miss is not toe-side, so it doesn’t worry me in the least.
I've found the effects across the face to be both wonderful and puzzling. There is definitely tech in there, and it definitely benefits different people differently. The strike pattern you described benefits me well with these, as my recent miss has drifted towards low heel side.

And now I want to play them tomorrrow. Damnit @Tenputt !! I'm supposed to get ready for something. I better not walk by them in the back room. They're tough to resist from above. The soles call to me...

I've found the effects across the face to be both wonderful and puzzling. There is definitely tech in there, and it definitely benefits different people differently. The strike pattern you described benefits me well with these, as my recent miss has drifted towards low heel side.

And now I want to play them tomorrrow. Damnit @Tenputt !! I'm supposed to get ready for something. I better not walk by them in the back room. They're tough to resist from above. The soles call to me...
Glad I could be of help in the temptation, LOL. Your recent miss is my long term miss and that is precisely what is getting me geeked up. So many offerings nowadays are protecting toe strikes and that is not what I need most.

I'm still very interested to hear about the durability of the back of the t200. They were really fun to hit.

I went over and hit the T100 and T100s today in 45 degree weather. Absolutely love how both get through the turf and the ballflight is different enough to be noticeable to the naked eye. But, as noted above, toe misses suffered noticeably and those are very much my miss. The T200s again shone with their consistency - landing spots looked be very similar on those I missed somewhat with those I hit square - a little disconcerting actually. So the T100 line is off my test list next week which does sadden me (actually I whittled my list down to four I think).

As for forgiveness between the Cobra Forged Tec and the T200, I will note that the original version of the T200 had MOI almost 10% higher than the Forged Tec. If Titleist really did bump it up much, there might be a noticeable difference there. I could not tell much of one hitting the two demos but that small differences in forgiveness only show up over time, not in small sample sizes. I did hit the Forged Tec much flatter and I suspect that it has less spin that the T200.

My initial input would be that I don’t think the two sets would perform much differently for you in the middle irons. I loved the Forged Tecs in the middle irons. They were some of the best that I have ever played. From a minuscule sample size, I think that the T200s are going to be great as well.

My problem with the Forged Tecs is that I struggled with the pw and especially the gw. They did not gap into the rest of the set very well for me. I am sure that it was a me thing, and had to do with how I deliver the club to the ball. I tend to be shallow and add some dynamic loft with my irons.

So, for me, the key comparison between the two sets would be how the short irons and the wedges work in the T200s. Since I have a combo set, I won’t be able to help there. I hope this is useful for you.
As I mentioned in the FT thread, I really like them. Love the short irons (7-PW). I don't have the GW.

I played Titleist irons for 25 years. OG DCI Black and 712 AP1s. I love the feel. Seeing the Titleist script is like comfort food for me.

The T100 and 100S (both are too much club for me), and the T200 speak to me from the looks department. The 200s maybe awful for me but I'm going to try them as soon as I can.

Back