Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons

Let's get back to talking about the HB Turbo irons. Anyone in the know when the next release is coming? Has anyone gone from the HBT regular to senior shaft?

As my game has deteriorated with age and physical problems, I decided it was time to go from my forged Mizuno irons to a set of game improvement, then more recently to super game improvement irons.

One of my regular playing group plays an older set of the HB irons and I asked to hit his a few times. I liked the feel and the look didn't bother me, having become quite a hybrid fan. Last week, I took delivery of my Launcher HB Turbo set, 4-DW, senior flex and I did the mod to lengthen them 1.5" and backweight them with 40 grams of lead. They got my usual jumbo grips and I was ready to do battle.

My initial impression was, I got back a LOT more from badly hit shots than anything I've played before. Cleveland has something really good going here if you can convince people not to be afraid of the looks.

Okay, I know I’m late to the game, but I just bought a set of turbo irons. With the Halo now out, I got a good deal at a shop trying to liquidate. I owned the original HB’s in steel for a year and got my handicap down to 7. With my handicap creeping towards 11 and frustration growing I parked the forged tech (2016) and bought these. My GIR is my biggest issue.
This is my first set in graphite and I’m just full of confidence standing over them. Shot an 81 in my first round with them today and I’m confident I’ll be back to breaking 80 more often than I have been. In a couple of years I’ll buy a set of
Halos;-)
Beauty is found on the scorecard, not in the bag🤷‍♂️

Okay, I know I’m late to the game, but I just bought a set of turbo irons. With the Halo now out, I got a good deal at a shop trying to liquidate. I owned the original HB’s in steel for a year and got my handicap down to 7. With my handicap creeping towards 11 and frustration growing I parked the forged tech (2016) and bought these. My GIR is my biggest issue.
This is my first set in graphite and I’m just full of confidence standing over them. Shot an 81 in my first round with them today and I’m confident I’ll be back to breaking 80 more often than I have been. In a couple of years I’ll buy a set of
Halos;-)
Beauty is found on the scorecard, not in the bag🤷‍♂️
Heck yeah.

Me three. The Halos did catch my eye. Can't wait to swing one to see what they feel like. Been playing HiBores for years.
If your steep, you might fall in love haha. Check out the video in the first post of the Halo thread. Some good info

3 rounds in the books with my new HB Turbo irons. 82,81 and SEVENTY-FOUR!!!
So impressed with how a mediocre swing/contact can still yield great results.
My first time with graphite shafts in my irons, and that too I'm really appreciating. Swing easy and let the club do the work.
Loving it:)

3 rounds in the books with my new HB Turbo irons. 82,81 and SEVENTY-FOUR!!!
So impressed with how a mediocre swing/contact can still yield great results.
My first time with graphite shafts in my irons, and that too I'm really appreciating. Swing easy and let the club do the work.
Loving it:)

Seriously debating picking up a set of these. I've been in graphite for a few years due to tennis elbow but it's been fine for a while so considering going back to steel. I know the Halo XLs are getting rave reviews but for the amount I play I'm not sure I can justify the costs. The HB Turbos seem to just flat out perform. Warmed up at a scramble this weekend next to someone who was just throwing darts with these. High and straight every time.

Seriously debating picking up a set of these. I've been in graphite for a few years due to tennis elbow but it's been fine for a while so considering going back to steel. I know the Halo XLs are getting rave reviews but for the amount I play I'm not sure I can justify the costs. The HB Turbos seem to just flat out perform. Warmed up at a scramble this weekend next to someone who was just throwing darts with these. High and straight every time.
I had the original HBs in steel two seasons ago. My handicap dropped below 8 and actually into single Digit for the first time. Got a great deal on BEAUTIFUL forged tec irons and made the switch. Couple of weeks ago I played with a high cap buddy who had the HBs in graphite and I hit them into the green a bunch of times. High and straight! Lesson learned, I want easy. I want the single digit!

I had the original HBs in steel two seasons ago. My handicap dropped below 8 and actually into single Digit for the first time. Got a great deal on BEAUTIFUL forged tec irons and made the switch. Couple of weeks ago I played with a high cap buddy who had the HBs in graphite and I hit them into the green a bunch of times. High and straight! Lesson learned, I want easy. I want the single digit!

I need to go find some to demo. I had some of the Altitudes in a combo set with 588 MTs a while back and I never got along with them BUT that was before lessons with a very poor swing. I'm all about getting out there and just having fun, which these irons seem to be perfectly suited for.

Before I became interested in the HB Turbos I was looking at Ping G10’s. How would they compare? I know there’s a few years between them.

Before I became interested in the HB Turbos I was looking at Ping G10’s. How would they compare? I know there’s a few years between them.

Turbos will be more forgiving. Some say in the G men thread, the Ping G25 are very good. If you shoot above 90, the Turbos will serve you will well.

Turbos will be more forgiving. Some say in the G men thread, the Ping G25 are very good. If you shoot above 90, the Turbos will serve you will well.
The G men thread?

p.s. sorry for posting this in two threads. I thought it was relevant to both.

For me, and anyone else looking to buy these used and maybe adjust them, this is an interesting review.
HB Irons
It mentions the metal used and how they can be bent.
I’ve had conflicting information on this so this is encouraging.
Edit: my bad, these are the original HBs not the turbos. I’ll keep looking.

Last edited:
Ok, so I got this reply from Srixon today:

“We offer a 1* tolerance of movement both upright and flat. We offered these irons pre-cast at our standard lie angle, 2* upright from standard and 2* flat from standard, which again could then be bent 1 degree either way respectively, with the maximum overall lie angle being 3 degrees upright or flat.”

So, this puts them out of the running for buying used if you need 2* adjustment, as I do.

Ok, so I got this reply from Srixon today:

“We offer a 1* tolerance of movement both upright and flat. We offered these irons pre-cast at our standard lie angle, 2* upright from standard and 2* flat from standard, which again could then be bent 1 degree either way respectively, with the maximum overall lie angle being 3 degrees upright or flat.”

So, this puts them out of the running for buying used if you need 2* adjustment, as I do.
Are you saying you need 4 degrees of movement?

No I need 2*. But if you buy second hand with standard lie then Srixon recommend only 1* adjustment upright or flat.
Gotcha. I guess that isnt really a fault of the company.
They offer in standard and 2, which can be bent 1, which means standard, 1, 2 and 3. That is pretty darn good for any iron of this style. If someone wants to buy used, they would have to go on a pretty heavy search.

I’d really like a set of these but in the end, being unsure about the lie adjustment, I decided to get some Pings. I just won an auction for G Series irons with graphite senior shafts, green dot. 😊

I have really enjoyed my set. They are flat out the easiest to hit irons I have ever used. Why make the game harder than it needs to be? My schedule does not have much time for golf much less practice.
1658190782689.jpeg

I have realized that I need to pay attention when playing these. I have noticed a few times where I hit dead shanks and it was because my mind went blank because these are so forgiving. They made it so easy that I totally lost focus.

Anyone play these and the XL Halo's? Is there a difference?

I know from a sheer size standpoint.
The Tudes, Launcher HB, and Turbos have roughly the same size head. They just thinned down the top line on each newer line.

The halos have a slightly longer blade length amongst the longest in any 7i I’ve measured.

All have minimal offset.

Turbo
Face length (from bend in hosel to toe) 3 1/8”
Sole width (in middle of the face) 1 1/2
Toe height 1 7-8

Altitude
Face: 3”
Sole: 1 1/2”
Toe: 1 15/16”

Halo
Face: 3 3/16”
Sole: 1 1/2”