2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

I went over and hit the T100 and T100s today in 45 degree weather. Absolutely love how both get through the turf and the ballflight is different enough to be noticeable to the naked eye. But, as noted above, toe misses suffered noticeably and those are very much my miss. The T200s again shone with their consistency - landing spots looked be very similar on those I missed somewhat with those I hit square - a little disconcerting actually. So the T100 line is off my test list next week which does sadden me (actually I whittled my list down to four I think).

As for forgiveness between the Cobra Forged Tec and the T200, I will note that the original version of the T200 had MOI almost 10% higher than the Forged Tec. If Titleist really did bump it up much, there might be a noticeable difference there. I could not tell much of one hitting the two demos but that small differences in forgiveness only show up over time, not in small sample sizes. I did hit the Forged Tec much flatter and I suspect that it has less spin that the T200.
I would not be surprised either if the Forged Tecs spin less than the T200s.

Order placed for t200 4iron and 5-pw t100s. Cannot wait.

felt like I should place the order now and get it by end of year rather than waiting next year and running the risk of facing supply issues and long delay.

Order placed for t200 4iron and 5-pw t100s. Cannot wait.

felt like I should place the order now and get it by end of year rather than waiting next year and running the risk of facing supply issues and long delay.
This is simultaneously AWESOME (love that setup), and kinda sad that's the how we pretty much have to approach orders these days.

Took the T100 today. Full Titleist bag, actually,

20210924_171051.jpg

and went 2 for 5 on T100 greens hit over 13 holes, .. and -5. So, the rest of the Titleist are pretty good? :unsure::p

Nah, they were good (birdied those 2 hits), I just wasn't with them a few times, but the misses were playable and that's always a nice thing to have in a club. Putting them away for the weekend (and the hybrid I confirmed I still do not like) but am actually looking forward to bringing them out again next week.

Was able to hit these today at the course. T100 are super impressive to me. Even better then the 1st gen and look way better!

The T100 and T100S were hit side by side again a couple days ago on my GC2.

Again, I think the difference is being exaggerated some on them, they do pretty much what Titleist says, the S offer more speed but aren’t sacrificing launch and only a little lower spin. Hitting the whole set side by side, the feel is in line and fantastic in both versions, even into the longer irons of the S, the feel is correct.

Ive no doubt most amateurs will be fit into the T200, but, for those into the 100’s the majority will end up in the S.

Hit my T100 to get some quick numbers on them because of what I was seeing on course the last couple days, and as expected, spin was low for me. Moving to V1x with them while I"m squeezing this hard put me back to where I want to be. I will say that other people seem to really like how they sound indoor. I've been asked more than once and on multiple occasions by nearby people what iron I'm hitting based on them loving the sound with these.

Hit some T200 too. It continues to be boring as can be. Just so steady. My 4i came in wrong, and the replacement seems like it's just going to take forever, so I may just bail on it. Orders have basically stopped arriving around here mostly. There were grumblings about a big shipment of heads not meeting qualitiy control standards. I don't remember which model(s) that was about though. Anyway, T200 was boring enough to make me switch back to the 100 and work on impressions. lol Always fun. And I tried a new one. My buddy has a bad hip and we've been talking about ways to take pressure off it during the swing. I started thinking about how Scheffler pulls his trail foot towards him and figured he can't have any real weight on his right hip at that point, so there might be something in that for my guy. I tried imitating it once because I don't really care if I look like a fool. And

20210926_005606.jpg

1. My Scheffler needs work! :ROFLMAO: I actually kind of took my foot off the ground I guess and was all on my left and OH BOY does that throw off rotation!!

2. That dude has way better balance and torso control that I would have guessed to have that as part of his stock move

3. Despite left going left and more left, T100 managed a slight mishit on those shenanigans like a champ imo. Pretty good speed for where it was on the face.

Looking forward to getting tham back out there with the V1x and seeing how that combo works for me. Didn't really try that much in the beginning and I' curious about the long iron flight.

Hit my T100 to get some quick numbers on them because of what I was seeing on course the last couple days, and as expected, spin was low for me. Moving to V1x with them while I"m squeezing this hard put me back to where I want to be. I will say that other people seem to really like how they sound indoor. I've been asked more than once and on multiple occasions by nearby people what iron I'm hitting based on them loving the sound with these.

Hit some T200 too. It continues to be boring as can be. Just so steady. My 4i came in wrong, and the replacement seems like it's just going to take forever, so I may just bail on it. Orders have basically stopped arriving around here mostly. There were grumblings about a big shipment of heads not meeting qualitiy control standards. I don't remember which model(s) that was about though. Anyway, T200 was boring enough to make me switch back to the 100 and work on impressions. lol Always fun. And I tried a new one. My buddy has a bad hip and we've been talking about ways to take pressure off it during the swing. I started thinking about how Scheffler pulls his trail foot towards him and figured he can't have any real weight on his right hip at that point, so there might be something in that for my guy. I tried imitating it once because I don't really care if I look like a fool. And

View attachment 9030159

1. My Scheffler needs work! :ROFLMAO: I actually kind of took my foot off the ground I guess and was all on my left and OH BOY does that throw off rotation!!

2. That dude has way better balance and torso control that I would have guessed to have that as part of his stock move

3. Despite left going left and more left, T100 managed a slight mishit on those shenanigans like a champ imo. Pretty good speed for where it was on the face.

Looking forward to getting tham back out there with the V1x and seeing how that combo works for me. Didn't really try that much in the beginning and I' curious about the long iron flight.

Is the data above your T100 7 iron? I can certainly is less than optimal.

I did hit the T300 demo extensively yesterday as a way to liven up a range session. If you have seen my previous posts, I have really enjoyed hitting the T200 and the ball flight, turf interaction and forgiveness have been very good. That said, the T300 is most definitely a step up when it comes to forgiveness. I had a few hits out on the toe (my usual miss) that really did not change the launch or distance. What was a little surprising was how well they went through the turf for me - maybe even better than the T200s. Feel was good for a GI iron and I could tell where on the face I hit it.

With a fitting coming on Wednesday, I have hit just about every players distance and GI iron available in the past two weeks as a way to shrink the field. The T300 and T200 are #1 and #2 on my list by a pretty wide margin. The order of operations in the fitting will using the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer followed by basic length/lie measuring to start assembling and hitting demos. I think I will use the T300 for the initial sizing.

I did hit the T300 demo extensively yesterday as a way to liven up a range session. If you have seen my previous posts, I have really enjoyed hitting the T200 and the ball flight, turf interaction and forgiveness have been very good. That said, the T300 is most definitely a step up when it comes to forgiveness. I had a few hits out on the toe (my usual miss) that really did not change the launch or distance. What was a little surprising was how well they went through the turf for me - maybe even better than the T200s. Feel was good for a GI iron and I could tell where on the face I hit it.

With a fitting coming on Wednesday, I have hit just about every players distance and GI iron available in the past two weeks as a way to shrink the field. The T300 and T200 are #1 and #2 on my list by a pretty wide margin. The order of operations in the fitting will using the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer followed by basic length/lie measuring to start assembling and hitting demos. I think I will use the T300 for the initial sizing.

In my fitting for the Titleist Experience, I really liked the look of the 200, but the t300 quickly separated itself in both distance and directional dispersion. And yes it feels very good for a GI. That’s what I went with. Can’t wait for the 20th!

Last edited:
I got my set out on the course for the first time yesterday. I had about a “C” game with ball striking, so I can’t make too many judgments yet. I would say that, although I am not disappointed with my set’s makeup, based only upon one round, I very well might go with a Full T200 set, if I were doing the order again.

The T200s are so easy to hit. They just want to fly high and straight. I hit the 6 iron 3 times and twice the outcome was exactly what I wanted out of the club and the other time, the shot was dead on line, but came up short of the hole more than I was expecting, even though I still hit the green. That was a me thing, where I just did not compress the ball well with my swing.

Here is a pic showing the stopping power. The descent angle prevented rollout both times that I hit the 5 iron into the green.

I have not had them on a launch monitor yet, so I do not have the numbers, but I am guessing that head to head, the T200s are not going to generate quite the speed that a P790, Cobra Forged Tec or Mizuno Hot Metal Pro will produce, but there is still plenty there. I hit the six iron once on a second shot into a par 5 and I hit it with about as much force as I can generate and still maintain control. The shot registered at 197. I am guessing that there was some rollout on the dry fairway, but I still think the shot would have been 185 yards, which is a good distance for me with a 6 iron.

C538D5FC-53C4-462F-807C-A85FA525E278.jpeg

I have not had them on a launch monitor yet, so I do not have the numbers, but I am guessing that head to head, the T200s are not going to generate quite the speed that a P790, Cobra Forged Tec or Mizuno Hot Metal Pro will produce, but there is still plenty there.

i’m not sure about speed, but i think the great thing about t200 is its spin. that might keep it from being a distance monster on a launch monitor, but for me that translated into excellent consistency.

any feedback on turf interaction between 100S and 200 now that you have a little bit of on course experience?

Last edited:
A few more thoughts on the full set, after one round…. Again, my ball striking was mediocre, so I still have lots to learn about how these perform for me. I hit an one of these irons 9 times and hit 5 greens. One of the shots was from 195 yards out off of a lie that would be generous to call hard pan. I hit a 5 iron and made fat contact, which caused the club head to bounce into the ball. The result was a big hook. Given the lie and that it was a 5 iron, the result should definitely not be accounted to the club.

I was hitting the ball thin most of the day and the irons do very well on thin shots. I am not sure why, given the thin sole, but I have now seen it in a practice session into a field of grass and out on the course. When I missed toe or heel side, the ball definitely came up short with the T100S heads, and I am talking a good club short. However, this is not surprising, given that they are a player’s cavity.

On of the things that pleased me greatly is that my shots were on my line virtually every time. The miss generally was short, something I can deal with. I am still plenty excited about this set.

I got my set out on the course for the first time yesterday. I had about a “C” game with ball striking, so I can’t make too many judgments yet. I would say that, although I am not disappointed with my set’s makeup, based only upon one round, I very well might go with a Full T200 set, if I were doing the order again.

The T200s are so easy to hit. They just want to fly high and straight. I hit the 6 iron 3 times and twice the outcome was exactly what I wanted out of the club and the other time, the shot was dead on line, but came up short of the hole more than I was expecting, even though I still hit the green. That was a me thing, where I just did not compress the ball well with my swing.

Here is a pic showing the stopping power. The descent angle prevented rollout both times that I hit the 5 iron into the green.

I have not had them on a launch monitor yet, so I do not have the numbers, but I am guessing that head to head, the T200s are not going to generate quite the speed that a P790, Cobra Forged Tec or Mizuno Hot Metal Pro will produce, but there is still plenty there. I hit the six iron once on a second shot into a par 5 and I hit it with about as much force as I can generate and still maintain control. The shot registered at 197. I am guessing that there was some rollout on the dry fairway, but I still think the shot would have been 185 yards, which is a good distance for me with a 6 iron.

View attachment 9030173
You’re going to love the split set. Trust me. ;)

View attachment 9030173

Nice Truvis!

i’m not sure about speed, but i think the great thing about t200 is its spin. that might keep it from being a distance monitor on a launch monitor, but for me that translated into excellent consistency.

any feedback on turf interaction between 100S and 200 now that you have a little bit of on course experience?

I agree. The T200s appear to have just a tad more spin than most of the players distance profiles, which I think is a very good thing for many.

Given that I was hitting so many thing shots, I can’t give much good input into turf interaction. The T2000s have a fairly wide sole within their profile. It isn’t a bad or a good thing. It just is. That wider sole is going to give some help in normal lies. It didn’t help me when trying to hit off of hard pan with a 5 iron, but that shot would be a fools errand for me, regardless of the sole design. 195 yards out off of hard pan is a tough one for me.

The soles on the T100S allow me to take a nice little “clipped” divot, whereas I generally tend to be a picker. This was part of their attraction for me and I think it wil be advantageous, seeing them out on real grass.

I will provide more feedback as I use them, although it is now getting dark early enough that it is difficult to get out in the evening after work for an actual round.

Is the data above your T100 7 iron? I can certainly is less than optimal.
I mean, it's not 'my' T100 7i. I consider it my 'Spirit of Scheffler' T100 7i. Sort out 2 or 12 things and I'll have down. :LOL:

After my round today, I wouldn’t change a thing about my set (this is always subject to flip flopping, LOL). I got another round in on my home course. Compared to the first course I played with this set of irons, my home course requires me to have a good day with hybrids, short irons and wedges to score well. The shorter irons and wedges got much more of a workout, which means, I got to use the T100S part of the setup more.

Wow, did they work well. 13 GIR. I hit 9 iron twice during the round and both times it carried right where I want it to and it felt flushed. Hole 16 is a par 3 with a tiny green. I am told that it is one of the smallest greens in the state. Normally, it plays to about 180, but the back tee box is under repair, so the hole was set up at 143. That is my 9 iron. I literally could feel the iron compress the ball and then rip through the turf, taking a nice divot, something very unusual for me. That feeling is something I could dream about, LOL. The ball came down and I had a 3 foot putt for birdie to put me at 1 under. I had decent birdie looks on the last two holes, but couldn’t make either, but a one under 70 is a great score for me on my home course. I shot 70 back in July, but everything went perfectly, today, I felt like I left some strokes on the course. I am so excited to keep playing these.

FFB60FB6-AC96-4078-AF42-1A355484B87E.jpeg

After my round today, I wouldn’t change a thing about my set (this is always subject to flip flopping, LOL). I got another round in on my home course. Compared to the first course I played with this set of irons, my home course requires me to have a good day with hybrids, short irons and wedges to score well. The shorter irons and wedges got much more of a workout, which means, I got to use the T100S part of the setup more.

Wow, did they work well. 13 GIR. I hit 9 iron twice during the round and both times it carried right where I want it to and it felt flushed. Hole 16 is a par 3 with a tiny green. I am told that it is one of the smallest greens in the state. Normally, it plays to about 180, but the back tee box is under repair, so the hole was set up at 143. That is my 9 iron. I literally could feel the iron compress the ball and then rip through the turf, taking a nice divot, something very unusual for me. That feeling is something I could dream about, LOL. The ball came down and I had a 3 foot putt for birdie to put me at 1 under. I had decent birdie looks on the last two holes, but couldn’t make either, but a one under 70 is a great score for me on my home course. I shot 70 back in July, but everything went perfectly, today, I felt like I left some strokes on the course. I am so excited to keep playing these.

View attachment 9030340
What's your home course?

What's your home course?
It is called “Davis Park.” It is 10 minutes from my home. The slope rating is nothing to write home about, but everybody says it plays much more difficult than its rating because it has 5 difficult par 3s. It is so easy to get a couple of bogies on the par 3s. The course hosts one of the state amateur qualifiers for both the regular amateur and the senior amateur every year, so it is a fun course. Here was one of my views today:

A6809896-1046-4FB4-ACFA-F165B4711F25.jpeg

Another comment about the feel/sound of the T300. It’s surprisingly muted and solid. A friend just got a set of Ping i710 and those things are very click-y. Not so w the t300.

It is called “Davis Park.” It is 10 minutes from my home. The slope rating is nothing to write home about, but everybody says it plays much more difficult than its rating because it has 5 difficult par 3s. It is so easy to get a couple of bogies on the par 3s. The course hosts one of the state amateur qualifiers for both the regular amateur and the senior amateur every year, so it is a fun course. Here was one of my views today:

View attachment 9030343
Was asking as it looked similar to one of the holes my nephew played his last round of golf on. He had just qualified for the Utah Open. Fox Hollow

Need to quit saying I'm going to come out and play and do it.

Was asking as it looked similar to one of the holes my nephew played his last round of golf on. He had just qualified for the Utah Open. Fox Hollow

Need to quit saying I'm going to come out and play and do it.
The golf in Utah doesn’t suck.

I took the T100 today for a short round. Only got to use them a handful of times because I hit driver a lot, but I did enjoy a few things about them. First, I've been playing too many tournament rounds where I don't save my old and brokeness, and habits become habits so I'm taking a little more turf right now. T100 - (y) through the ground. Just really enjoy the soles. Second, I had to step on a couple, and they moved. Had a long 4i uphill and into the wind that did real well, and had to jump on an 8i on the last par 3 because a 7 seemd unwise, and despite a slight drift towards the heel and a crosswind, it hit and stuck pin high. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little pleasantly surprised on that one.

Oh, and I had a slight slip in a fairway bunker with a 6i laying up to the corner that still went really well. Forgot about that. Got me great position and a birdie.

Last edited:
Back