Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Back in July, the new 2021 Titleist T-Series irons were officially unveiled. If you missed our full writeup on the entire line, you can find it here. While every set in the series is quite popular, the two we get the most questions about are the T200 and T300.

Titleist-2021-TSeries-Irons-1.jpg

What better way to answer those than a new episode of VS, where we pit two pieces of equipment together in the ring in the THP Tech Studio and hit them both side by side.

In this...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video. Some solid balls there. The T200 is a good looking club. The T300 is a little big for my taste but for those looking for an iron in that category, it’s worth checking out.

Enjoyed the walk through. Lots of tech in there and @Canadan hit them both well.

Good video of them. Good comparison. 200 are going to be so popular, understandably, but I've been fairly impressed in my time hitting the 300 too. Lot of good options with this release.

Great demonstration of the differences between the two. I play the T300 because I need all the forgiveness I can muster. Only a few rounds in but a touch longer than my prior set (G425) and the Titleist tech works better on my toe miss than the Ping did for me. Dispersion has been excellent so far.

I enjoyed the video. Nice to see someone review clubs and not say after every shot how they club isn’t right for them. Dan just hit the clubs and described the club and how the shot felt, very refreshing and enjoyable review/comparison.

Dan says that 190 is pretty optimistic for a 7 haha

Loved it..great info and have to agree they did a great job with the whole series.

Dan says that 190 is pretty optimistic for a 7 haha
Big time optimism is the name of the game with T series. I wish I had the time to walk through 100 and 100s as well.

I enjoyed the video. Nice to see someone review clubs and not say after every shot how they club isn’t right for them. Dan just hit the clubs and described the club and how the shot felt, very refreshing and enjoyable review/comparison.
Man, I really do appreciate this feedback.

As much as I'd love to hide behind some excuses sometimes, I would so much rather these videos feature the clubs, not me haha - that it comes off that way feels like a big accomplishment to what I've been trying to achieve, so thank you!

@Canadan! Look at that ball speed with both irons. This was a very enjoyable video. All three of you guys @Canadan, @Jman, and @ddec did a great job on it. It appears that people should not be quick to overlook the T300 as an option.

300. Give me forgiveness and launch any day.

Great video guys. Titleist irons haven't been on my short list for the past couple years. Based off your experience with the irons do you think they should be on the short list of irons to try? Obviously all players are different, but I would assume you have clubs that stick out as ones people should try each year.

Great video @canadan - I really enjoyed the comparison between the two. It's interesting to see the dispersion from someone with a more repeatable swing. I can tell you one thing though, the T300's will not be going 200 yards on average for me unless part of the added technology is a little golf ball rocket launcher built into the club.

Great to see the difference between the two, just like your video here I am not turned off by the larger style of the 300 and while it's a bit larger it also inspires more confidence on the course - at least that's my hope.

@Canadan! Look at that ball speed with both irons. This was a very enjoyable video. All three of you guys @Canadan, @Jman, and @ddec did a great job on it. It appears that people should not be quick to overlook the T300 as an option.

thanks. Kind of a fun one to have all three of us involved.

One of my favorite videos so far. Really enjoyed the conversation and not just hitting balls then seeing stats. Well done fellas

One of my favorite videos so far. Really enjoyed the conversation and not just hitting balls then seeing stats. Well done fellas

I think next time I'm going to heckle dan a little bit while swinging. Just to see what happens.

I thought this video was very well done. I know it is hard but I would love to see a direct comparison with the same shafts. I would think that neither of the shafts are a perfect fit for Dan particularly the red which could have led to some of the mis-hits.

I have a fitting tomorrow at Titleist and am looking forward to seeing how the different heads perform. I hadn't thought about the T300 too much but am going to go in with an open mind.

I thought this video was very well done. I know it is hard but I would love to see a direct comparison with the same shafts. I would think that neither of the shafts are a perfect fit for Dan particularly the red which could have led to some of the mis-hits.

I have a fitting tomorrow at Titleist and am looking forward to seeing how the different heads perform. I hadn't thought about the T300 too much but am going to go in with an open mind.
At this point, what would be the setup that you would most like to have?

At this point, what would be the setup that you would most like to have?

I am trying to not go in thinking about a setup but if I was just buying off the rack I would think T200 or T200/100S combo. I am likely looking at 5i-GW. I think I am set above that right now but I would be open to suggestions from the fitter.

Kind of impressive to think that I achieved those ball speed numbers then. I definitely see what you're saying, but I also think it's nice to just let the club presentation in pure stock form do what it's intended to do, even if my variables force a baseline.

Kind of impressive to think that I achieved those ball speed numbers then. I definitely see what you're saying, but I also think it's nice to just let the club presentation in pure stock form do what it's intended to do, even if my variables force a baseline.

I totally agree with you. I do think that hitting the same iron head with different shafts would help highlight the differences in the head though.

Again great content I enjoyed the watch.

I love the looks of the T200 but know I probably should be playing an iron with more foregiveness. I definitely want to hit both of them.

I enjoyed the description of impact being a little off here or there but not seeing the expected loss. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the dispersion of the T300 was smaller. That's the T300 tech doing its job.

Is the Max Impact cone indicative of the "sweet spot" on the face? It looks to be a little toward the toe on 4-7.

Great review, guys. It's very enlightening.

The thing that really caught my eye were the two dispersion circles with what are essentially stock offerings. It kind of reminds me of the game improvement wedge test that you did. When a ball striker of your caliber, even acknowledging some misses, sees that type of outcome, it can only mean the technology to help us mere mortals is really there.

Back