I thought this video was very well done. I know it is hard but I would love to see a direct comparison with the same shafts. I would think that neither of the shafts are a perfect fit for Dan particularly the red which could have led to some of the mis-hits.

I have a fitting tomorrow at Titleist and am looking forward to seeing how the different heads perform. I hadn't thought about the T300 too much but am going to go in with an open mind.
Not much would have changed

I love the looks of the T200 but know I probably should be playing an iron with more foregiveness. I definitely want to hit both of them.

I enjoyed the description of impact being a little off here or there but not seeing the expected loss. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the dispersion of the T300 was smaller. That's the T300 tech doing its job.

Is the Max Impact cone indicative of the "sweet spot" on the face? It looks to be a little toward the toe on 4-7.

Great review, guys. It's very enlightening.
All of your points are spot on, but keep in mind when buying a set that a 7 iron for most of us is a club that we hope will allow us to hit the green, two putt and move on. I don’t view it as a scoring club. It may well be that the T200s would work better for you in 8 or 9 through wedges than the chunkier look of the T300. As valuable as a 7 or 6 iron test is for fitting, it is only one club in the set. It is all pretty interesting stuff, though.

Great review! Good to see the nice tight dispersion on the t300. That’s what I’m looking for in my game, and what I saw in my fitting (though about 30 yards shorter than you 🙄), and I cannot wait to get mine in NM next month!

I enjoyed the group effort in the THP Tech Studio on this one. Fun was had

Huge thank you. I have a fitting Wednesday and both are on my list of ones to try. Super helpful.

I got fit last year for irons around this time with no preconceived ideas of any brand or particular set. It didn’t take long for the T300s to move to the top of the list of different GI irons I tried. Dispersion in length and direction were two of the reasons I chose the T300s for my bag.

Glad you enjoyed, and have fun at that fitting!
It will be interesting. I have been through several really good fittings and used to be a fitter/clubbuilder years ago. Had to make a huge swing change this summer in order to continue playing (back issue). I went into my most recent fittings with a solid idea of what shafts/heads would be the best for my swing. Now I have no clue except that what I have (in the irons at least) are not a good fit.

Very good comparison @Canadan well done. I didn’t combo set mine but if I ever kick around a 4 iron I would go T300. i am loving the feel of the new 200s versus my old ones.

@Canadan great job!!! I was able to try them and in fact had the old T200 from last year. I settled in with the T100 PW-5 irons and the T200 4 iron. Absolutely love the feel and the way I can shape shots with the T100… thinking about adding the T200 5 and 6 irons for a bit more power/forgiveness in my game…

Last edited:
I was able to try them and in fact had the old T200 from last year. I settled in with the T100 PW-5 irons and the T200 4 iron. Absolutely love the feel and the way I can shape shots with the T100… thinking about adding the T200 5 and 6 irons for a bit more power/forgiveness in my game…
I really debated on the t-200 6 iron when I was fit, it was a bit longer than the t-100s but didn’t feel as solid. The gapping between the t-100s 6 iron and 7 iron was good so I stuck with it. The extra power/forgiveness in the 4/5 iron was noticeable to me and not so much in the 6 iron. There will definitely be days where I will think I should have went all t-200.

I really debated on the t-200 6 iron when I was fit, it was a bit longer than the t-100s but didn’t feel as solid. The gapping between the t-100s 6 iron and 7 iron was good so I stuck with it. The extra power/forgiveness in the 4/5 iron was noticeable to me and not so much in the 6 iron. There will definitely be days where I will think I should have went all t-200.
I really wish I had tried the T100s … next on my list!!!

Reactions: MH
My fitting today got rained out with thunderstorms rolling through the Titleist Fitting Center and it is outdoor only. I am super bummed. They had an opening on Monday morning but I need to travel for work then the next one is 10/18.

I love the way the 200s look. So pretty! I really like the * stamping on the wedges too. Makes a lot of sense.

Just had some time to watch this one & impressed with the numbers between the T200 & T300's. Excited that I made the decision to throw the T200 4i into the mix for my iron selections as it will help with overall launch & playability.

My fitting today got rained out with thunderstorms rolling through the Titleist Fitting Center and it is outdoor only. I am super bummed. They had an opening on Monday morning but I need to travel for work then the next one is 10/18.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are able to reschedule.

I am on for the 18th. Winter is coming so there is likely not a big rush but I was looking forward to it.

I definitely can understand that winter is coming. I like to use the off season as a time to look at new equipment.

I definitely can understand that winter is coming. I like to use the off season as a time to look at new equipment.

I generally play through the winter but I generally like to have my irons set for the season in the spring.

Maybe we need to put a mere mortal in for some of the testing. Unlike @Canadan not all of us hit 7 irons 200 yards consistently. :ROFLMAO:

Great review Dan. Question for the group - has anyone compared the Tensei Red AM2 with the UST Recoil 65 shaft?

I love the looks of the T200 but know I probably should be playing an iron with more foregiveness. I definitely want to hit both of them.

I enjoyed the description of impact being a little off here or there but not seeing the expected loss. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the dispersion of the T300 was smaller. That's the T300 tech doing its job.

Is the Max Impact cone indicative of the "sweet spot" on the face? It looks to be a little toward the toe on 4-7.

Great review, guys. It's very enlightening.
I agree completely! I love the look of the T200 but since ball striking is an issue with my game I need as much forgiveness as I can get.

This comparison video test and accompanying thread has me curious. Dan, @JB might we see some comparisons of similar equipment but different brands, strictly for the numbers, NOT to suggest that one might be better then another?

This comparison video test and accompanying thread has me curious. Dan, @JB might we see some comparisons of similar equipment but different brands, strictly for the numbers, NOT to suggest that one might be better then another?
We have and aren’t opposed to it. But it’s pretty easy for golfers to do that. I’m not a huge fan of “rankings” because they are all ********. We want golfers to create that, not us. 😀

Back