Cleveland Launcher XL Halo FW Woods and Hybrid Preview

Zero lie, I’d just play the stock setup in this. Even as a pretty strong swinger of the club, I saw no real reason to change it.

Zero lie, I’d just play the stock setup in this. Even as a pretty strong swinger of the club, I saw no real reason to change it.

full non-internet golfer until a Kinetix goes in it haha

full non-internet golfer until a Kinetix goes in it haha
Ha! Maybe. But really, you saw how hard I was going after it, 150 ball speed out of it with the stock shaft and repeatable as hell. Now, it’s not a combo I’d have ever picked for me, but when something works, it works.

Still no shipping notification…

Ha! Maybe. But really, you saw how hard I was going after it, 150 ball speed out of it with the stock shaft and repeatable as hell. Now, it’s not a combo I’d have ever picked for me, but when something works, it works.

Oh I know, I saw it, heard it, felt it. All the emotions haha

Wow! Just wow!! Picked up the Hy-wood at the PGA tour superstore and took it to a grass range nearby.

I always struggled with my 5 wood off the deck. A 4H was a money club. My 5 wood was relegated to tee duty only.

The Hywood gave me a big high soft draw. So was SO easy to hi. Would absolutely hit it off the deck in a heartbeat. And I as great off the tee as well.

It is making me rethink getting a Cleveland hybrid to go with it

I think the hy-wood is the most interesting one of the bunch here.

I really like the changes they did do the fairway wood. Adding the rails is a really good move IMO and just like with the driver, they toned down the sound.

WIth the hybrid, my personal preference is that I still like the shape of the Halo. But this one plays really well and I've enjoyed having it in the bag for a couple of weeks.

I love the new Hy-wood. i'm thinking about getting a 4-wood to go with it. Did you test the hybrid with the same Cypher 40 shaft in the Hy-wood or the Cypher HB? I normally wouldn't think about going so light in a hybrid....but it works so well in the Hywood, I'm wondering if that's the right call.

Any comparisons you'd have about the shafts would be much appreciated! thanks!

Wow! Just wow!! Picked up the Hy-wood at the PGA tour superstore and took it to a grass range nearby.

I always struggled with my 5 wood off the deck. A 4H was a money club. My 5 wood was relegated to tee duty only.

The Hywood gave me a big high soft draw. So was SO easy to hi. Would absolutely hit it off the deck in a heartbeat. And I as great off the tee as well.

It is making me rethink getting a Cleveland hybrid to go with it
It’s a cheater club! So good!

I love the new Hy-wood. i'm thinking about getting a 4-wood to go with it. Did you test the hybrid with the same Cypher 40 shaft in the Hy-wood or the Cypher HB? I normally wouldn't think about going so light in a hybrid....but it works so well in the Hywood, I'm wondering if that's the right call.

Any comparisons you'd have about the shafts would be much appreciated! thanks!

my hybrid has the HB shaft. I'll be honest I was shocked by how well that Cypher 40 shaft held up to the swings of guys who are faster and more violent than myself. I think the stock hybrid shaft works pretty well with the head.

my hybrid has the HB shaft. I'll be honest I was shocked by how well that Cypher 40 shaft held up to the swings of guys who are faster and more violent than myself. I think the stock hybrid shaft works pretty well with the head.

I just went to True Temper School to listen to Keenan Phillips talk about the Cypher Shafts. He is going to part of the Dream Foursome Experience so I plan on getting more information from him about these shafts.

I might need to demo it. Long story short, I loved a G410 4H hybrid. But the head flew off at the range. (RIP). I replaced it with a 425 hybrid. I just haven't found the magic with it that I had with the G410. It bought it a few weeks ago at the PGA Tour SS, so it's still under the Playability Guarantee. I hit the Hywood and G425 4H back to back at the range figuring out gapping.

It made me realize how much I don't like the G425 hybrid compared to the G410. So I may swap it in for a G410 or Cleveland.

Biggest difference I saw between the 3+ Hy-Wood and the standard Halo hybrid was heel to toe length was longer on the Hy-Wood and it was about an inch longer. Also, the stock shaft in the Hy-Wood was 40g where the Halo hybrid had a 60 gram shaft.

The shaft names are confusing to me. The Cypher 40 is a 50 gram shaft. The Cypher 60 HYB shaft is 74 grams.

It's one of those deals where I have to get out my own head. The Hy-wood was the most shockingly good 'out of the box' club I've hit in a while.

The shaft names are confusing to me. The Cypher 40 is a 50 gram shaft. The Cypher 60 HYB shaft is 74 grams.

It's one of those deals where I have to get out my own head. The Hy-wood was the most shockingly good 'out of the box' club I've hit in a while.
These aren’t the only ones out there like that though, it’s the case with a LOT of shafts.

My Hywood has shipped…

Hy-Wood is impressive. Such quick elevation in low lofts

Your review said you loved the Halo. How did this model compare?

Have my first round with the Hy-Wood tomorrow. Am so excited, I may be adding more Cleveland woods...

Your review said you loved the Halo. How did this model compare?

Have my first round with the Hy-Wood tomorrow. Am so excited, I may be adding more Cleveland woods...

I personally preferred the Halo. The shaping to suited my eye better. Not a knock on the Launcher XL Halo because performance wise, it was pretty darn good.

First round with the Hy-wood today. My 4H is my 200 yard club. I feel pretty confident with it. My 5-wood was the opposite. I don't trust it from the deck unless it's WIDE open. I usually top or spray it. It was relegated to be a tee club....and it recently become a bit shaky for that job. I took a flier on it after hearing all the buzz here and hitting the 5-wood at a demo day this week. (Forgot the Hy-wood was an option to try). I had one range session where it lived up to all the billing

So how did it perform today?

#2 is a par 5. The approach is downhill with a creek about 30 yards short of the green. I was 235 out. The smart play was to layup. But I was eager to hit the Hy-Wood. Absolutely laced it pin high just off the green. Honeymoon fully in effect.

I clipped a tree on a long par 4 #1 handicap hole. I had 220 to the green. Hit it a shot just off the left side of the green giving me a chance to save par. (which of course I botched)

#18 is a long par 4 that plays uphill and was into a slight breeze. I was 207 out. There was no way I would have gotten there with my hybrid. Hit the Hywood just off the edge. This time I got up and down for the par.

I also used it three times off the tee. Two shots were perfect. One I caught a bit heavy, but it was dead straight and the hole was short enough that it didn't hurt me.

Bottom line is that I couldn't ask for any more out of that club. It extends my 'go zone' significantly. And I find it easier to hit than my hybrid. It was a tight course with small greens, but I felt like I confident about getting it close to my target. The exact opposite of my fairway wood. Heck, if they made a 22* version of this club, I'd probably buy it as well. There is something about the bigger size that breeds confidence.

@mantan it definitely seems like you saw what blew my mind with this club…it’s just easy!

I had the 5w in the bag today. Very easy to get the ball airborne with this club.

I know the Hy-Wood has captured the attention on the forum, but I have the 5w in my bag. The 5w is very good. It’s very easy to launch and has a very favorable trajectory. I’m very happy with its performance.

For you ShotScopers:
1634563628577.png

I know the Hy-Wood has captured the attention on the forum, but I have the 5w in my bag. The 5w is very good. It’s very easy to launch and has a very favorable trajectory. I’m very happy with its performance.

I’m going to be trying the Hy-Wood next season. So, I will have a head to head comparison to the 5w.

Back