Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I wonder if the copper version has a different feel than the chrome?

Nine hole league night today with these bad boys! Driver was wonky but managed a few birdies including a knock down 7 on 9 from about 170 to a few feet. Love these irons!

I have hit balls with the lone 7 iron I have. The feel is real solid but really soft if that makes any sense. It’s definitely a different sensation than the forged tecs. I’ll be on the hunt for a set. I like the blade length heel to toe. Inspires more confidence.

I have hit balls with the lone 7 iron I have. The feel is real solid but really soft if that makes any sense. It’s definitely a different sensation than the forged tecs. I’ll be on the hunt for a set. I like the blade length heel to toe. Inspires more confidence.

They are a heavy dense hit for sure! Super addicting

Favorite thing about these irons is the consistency. They give me what I put out and feel great. No shank marks yet either.

They are a heavy dense hit for sure! Super addicting
I went back and forth and back and forth on these vs the FTs and decided I needed the extra help. Now, I wouldn't change the FTs for anything, I love them...but just always see this thread pop up and think "what if?"

I hit them side by side in the Tech Studio a lot and imo, no.

Reactions: MH
I like to call it “plush”, it’s an addicting impact feedback for sure. Highly underrated aspect of these, well, the WHOLE design is highly underrated too.

I like to call it “plush”, it’s an addicting impact feedback for sure. Highly underrated aspect of these, well, the WHOLE design is highly underrated too.
Super addicting, the WHOLE club itself is underrated IMO.

Yup, for sure. They offer pretty much everything most people could want imo

If I wan’t so pleased with my ZX7s that are less than a year old, these Cobras with MIM would be the irons in my bag. I’ve hit them and LOVE the sound/feel.

I don't think they felt any different, its just a finish.

I certainly didn't get that sense. Visually they are worlds different in my perspective (I much prefer the copper haha), but sound wise I didn't think a thing of it.

If I wan’t so pleased with my ZX7s that are less than a year old, these Cobras with MIM would be the irons in my bag. I’ve hit them and LOVE the sound/feel.
What is the biggest separation between the ZX7 and the King Tours for you?

What is the biggest separation between the ZX7 and the King Tours for you?

I love that the King Tours are available in a copper finish as ever since Ping came out with the BeCu Eye 2, I’ve had a soft spot for the copper colored irons but have never owned a set. I didn’t have a launch monitor when I hit them but feel/sound was softer than my ZX7’s and that difference could just be the KBS shaft in the Cobras vs. my DG AMT. I doubt I’d seen any real world performance difference between them on the course but the copper finish combined with the shape of the heads at address is luxurious. :)

Hit these irons well today at Wolf Creek! Feel great and are so predictable. Plus after 100 plus rounds they still look like new!

Every flushed iron shot, I just smile. These clubs feel amazing! I really think these are the club to beat in this class.

I does not. Same feel. Very little wear on the soles.

Played a shot out of the desert today with the 5 iron, no scars! These are seriously durable irons!

I struggle to see how these irons leave my bag. The provide everything I could ask for with forgiveness and consistency in a smaller package. The wear on the copper is very good but I’ll likely remove that soon for us to see what we are missing.

These irons will remain in my bag for a long time as they check all the boxes for me. No desire to even try another iron right now

Played nine today. Absolutely loving the way these irons feel. Good shape, great feel, super durable and surprisingly forgiving. It’s the tour iron for the average player. These should be on everyone’s short list if your in the players iron market!

I do not "need" them for any real reason, but I just ordered the 3 and 4 iron in the Copper 2 degrees flat with the Nippon Modus 120 S. They match and complete my iron set. I likely will never carry the 3 iron but it gives me an option with the 4 iron. The RadSpeed 24 hybrid is really nice but I over draw it.

I do not "need" them for any real reason, but I just ordered the 3 and 4 iron in the Copper 2 degrees flat with the Nippon Modus 120 S. They match and complete my iron set. I likely will never carry the 3 iron but it gives me an option with the 4 iron. The RadSpeed 24 hybrid is really nice but I over draw it.
Nothing wrong with more copper!

Back