After seeing the durability issues and the price at $35/dozen...there are plenty of other options that I'd consider before this one currently

$35? We have different prices listed in the video.

Would be cool to see a higher index player compare these balls and see how things shake out. Maybe the blue provides more distance at lower swing speeds. I think that's where the driver speed and 7-iron comparison comes in.

I have a slower swing speed than @Canadan and didn't see that necessarily. We had 4-5 golfers test them with a few swings over the course of the video recording.

$35? We have different prices listed in the video.

I have a slower swing speed than @Canadan and didn't see that necessarily. We had 4-5 golfers test them with a few swings over the course of the video recording.

On the website $35 is the 1-2 dozen price with it dropping as you buy more. I'll be honest that their price on the home screen is a little bit of false advertising. Once you click on a ball it changes to the one dozen price which is higher.

I wish they would say "From $23.99 or 29.99" or whatever on their pricing.

On the website $35 is the 1-2 dozen price with it dropping as you buy more. I'll be honest that their price on the home screen is a little bit of false advertising. Once you click on a ball it changes to the one dozen price which is higher.

I wish they would say "From $23.99 or 29.99" or whatever on their pricing.
I saw what you wrote and how that's different than what @Canadan said. I was concerned I heard wrong or read wrong.

1632407831178.png
Straight from their website for 1 dozen. It could be that lower price on the 5 dozen, and maybe that's how they intend to sell / market I don't know.

I wasn't hot on them based on the box and how they market, this is also a turn off. They just feel backhanded to me - simply my impression.

1632407923024.png1632407934570.png1632407975906.png

19.99 WHEN you buy 5 dozen.

The actual video was great @Canadan , I really liked the explanation for everything and how that was described. It is very nice to see a comparison from someone with a solid strike each time (you do - even if you say you hit one fat and one left) because you can get to 166 yards a number of different ways with different heights and spins etc.

The tore up balls look like the $20 per dozen Cut Blues I gamed this year. Tons of spin around the green, but they don't hold up. But for the price, I kept gaming them and put the wore out ones in the shag bag.

Great review! It’s always fun and interesting to see these new brands get put in play. That durability is roooouuuggghhhh though. Right now my vote for a @Canadan name change is leaning towards some sort of HighSpinDan moniker.

Great review! It’s always fun and interesting to see these new brands get put in play. That durability is roooouuuggghhhh though. Right now my vote for a @Canadan name change is leaning towards some sort of HighSpinDan moniker.
I identify as a low spin player.

Just tried to go on their website from work and it was blocked due to a privacy/connection issue. Apparently our firewall determined the site was not safe? I'd definitely be concerned with the durability. I feel like my Jaws wedges would destroy them after a few holes. Not sure I would even pay $1 a ball for that.

I saw what you wrote and how that's different than what @Canadan said. I was concerned I heard wrong or read wrong.

View attachment 9029474
Straight from their website for 1 dozen. It could be that lower price on the 5 dozen, and maybe that's how they intend to sell / market I don't know.

I wasn't hot on them based on the box and how they market, this is also a turn off. They just feel backhanded to me - simply my impression.

View attachment 9029475View attachment 9029476View attachment 9029477

That's how Vice markets their balls too. Though they do have a little asterisk next to the price when you are looking over all their offerings. When you scroll to the bottom of the page it shows *when you buy 5dzn or more. I've never been a fan of that but it works.

And to be fair, if Callaway did something like that I'd be all over it. I guess I just want the normal dozen price clearly stated and not hidden with an asterisk. But that's just me being picky because I don't know the last time I bought 5dzn golf balls at one time.

That's how Vice markets their balls too. Though they do have a little asterisk next to the price when you are looking over all their offerings. When you scroll to the bottom of the page it shows *when you buy 5dzn or more. I've never been a fan of that but it works.

And to be fair, if Callaway did something like that I'd be all over it. I guess I just want the normal dozen price clearly stated and not hidden with an asterisk. But that's just me being picky because I don't know the last time I bought 5dzn golf balls at one time.
We absolutely agree.

It absolutely works, and that's fine but it's already brought up counter points to the price being said versus when you click in to purchase. I get it, I simply don't agree with it.

Are you also saying that if Callaway did it you would be over it in a good way? i.e. Chromesoft is 47.99 and that's what they say but if you buy 5 you get 20% off, would that make you buy more? If I log in and I see that I'm going to pay 48 bucks for a dozen balls then I go to click the button and it says wait...if you by 5 you can get a discount of 20%, then I would also be more likely to buy more.

Kind of like the old 5 bucks each or 3 for $10.

Are you also saying that if Callaway did it you would be over it in a good way? i.e. Chromesoft is 47.99 and that's what they say but if you buy 5 you get 20% off, would that make you buy more? If I log in and I see that I'm going to pay 48 bucks for a dozen balls then I go to click the button and it says wait...if you by 5 you can get a discount of 20%, then I would also be more likely to buy more
This. I'd be much more likely to buy if they advertised this way. Because I would be going in expecting to pay 48 per dozen. Then be offered a discount if I WANTED to buy more. But if I went in thinking a ball was $35 and then told, I only get that price if I buy more, I'm turned off.

Make it look like I'm getting a deal if I buy more, not ONLY IF I buy more. Not sure if that sentence makes sense to anyone but me :LOL:

Also I was using Callaway as a known commodity. I could have put Taylormade, Titleist, or Bridgestone in there as well. I have a hard time buying 5dzn of an unknown product, especially after seeing the durability concerns here. That's asking a lot from unproven sources.

But I totally understand the point of pricing this way. It's a way to stay competitive since they aren't proven

This. I'd be much more likely to buy if they advertised this way. Because I would be going in expecting to pay 48 per dozen. Then be offered a discount if I WANTED to buy more. But if I went in thinking a ball was $35 and then told, I only get that price if I buy more, I'm turned off.

Make it look like I'm getting a deal if I buy more, not ONLY IF I buy more. Not sure if that sentence makes sense to anyone but me :LOL:

Also I was using Callaway as a known commodity. I could have put Taylormade, Titleist, or Bridgestone in there as well. I have a hard time buying 5dzn of an unknown product, especially after seeing the durability concerns here. That's asking a lot from unproven sources.

But I totally understand the point of pricing this way. It's a way to stay competitive since they aren't proven
Yep, we're in here in total agreement with each other! I understand what you're saying.

I would really like to try the Blue version. Looks like they are based here in Georgia so it makes me want to try them even more for some reason.

So hard to gauge what the benefits might be, and the Vice-like pricing mislead I never love. If durability is that questionable it seems likely they wouldn't work for me either, but I kinda like the look of them.

View attachment 9029474

View attachment 9029475View attachment 9029476View attachment 9029477

The actual video was great @Canadan , I really liked the explanation for everything and how that was described. It is very nice to see a comparison from someone with a solid strike each time (you do - even if you say you hit one fat and one left) because you can get to 166 yards a number of different ways with different heights and spins etc.
WOW thats a big ask to try a new ball, at $19.99 maaaaybe. At $34.99 I'll go buy some Q-star Tours

WOW thats a big ask to try a new ball, at $19.99 maaaaybe. At $34.99 I'll go buy some Q-star Tours

And that brings us back to the question we pondered in the tech studio with a number of these DTC companies. At $30 does it make it harder to justify when Q-STAR Tour is roughly the same price, you can walk in and get them and you know a brand is standing behind them with tour staff, R&D, etc?

And that brings us back to the question we pondered in the tech studio with a number of these DTC companies. At $30 does it make it harder to justify when Q-STAR Tour is roughly the same price, you can walk in and get them and you know a brand is standing behind them with tour staff, R&D, etc?
It absolutely does make it hard to justify. Like I mentioned above at $20 it might be worth a try at least but at $30 no way.

Nice video and review. Good steak too.

little late night bump for this one because it's very well done by Dan and James talking and demonstrating the differences.

I wouldn’t buy them based on that cover shredding, no go for me.

I just cut up a Piper Black with a hybrid and about 10 swings. That doesn't seem ideal.

I just cut up a Piper Black with a hybrid and about 10 swings. That doesn't seem ideal.
Blue wasn't having as many issues was it?

I played the Blue last weekend and it survived well. No real shearing or cutting after a bunch of holes and plenty of wedges, so that's good at least.

Blue wasn't having as many issues was it?
Not from what I have seen, although I only had a sleeve to mess with.

I also REALLY liked the alignment feature on it. Used it to putt each time and got pretty comfortable with it.

Back