Titleist TSi1 and TSi4 Drivers

I have found that the tsi4 is very forgiving through 3 tough driving courses that I have got to use it. Maybe it’s just the right head/shaft combo for my swing. I am hitting it high and long for me, could have been the honeymoon weekend but I guess we will see in a few weeks if the results continue
Any additional experience with this driver yet?

Any additional experience with this driver yet?
Nope, unfortunately my season is done up here. I will get a couple more rounds in with it at the Titleist experience in a couple weeks. I have always liked and for some reason have good success with smaller footprint drivers. I find them easier to hit for some strange reason. When I look back at what drivers I have had the most success with they have always been sub 460. Callaway 816 dbd (maybe all time fav), ping g400 lst, Taylormade m1 440 and m5 tour. I do have a Accra tz6 that I need to cut down a bit for it but will wait until next spring and play the Hzrdus smoke yellow I got with in NM. What shaft are you playing in yours?

Nope, unfortunately my season is done up here. I will get a couple more rounds in with it at the Titleist experience in a couple weeks. I have always liked and for some reason have good success with smaller footprint drivers. I find them easier to hit for some strange reason. When I look back at what drivers I have had the most success with they have always been sub 460. Callaway 816 dbd (maybe all time fav), ping g400 lst, Taylormade m1 440 and m5 tour. I do have a Accra tz6 that I need to cut down a bit for it but will wait until next spring and play the Hzrdus smoke yellow I got with in NM. What shaft are you playing in yours?
Tensei Pro White 50 stiff

Reactions: MH
My TSI2 has been spinning crazy, I know it’s my swing, but my Skytrak seems to confirm what I’m seeing on the course 3000 plus back spin, and ballooning. Opened the face, lowered the loft and hitting a little less up on the ball made only a marginal difference.

Grabbed a TSI4 with Tensei Raw White stiff, based on marketing, I have no business playing that combo. On a good day my driver swing speed hovers around 90-92, other days it’s lower. Only a few rounds in (haven’t got any launch monitor numbers), but it is performing well. Nice flight, on the low side with very minimal right spin. Longer by about 10 yards than a normal good TSI2 drive. On a soaking wet course, recently reopened after a week long closure due to rain and flooding.

It is a nice head shape, but that face is much smaller than I’m used to!

Went on launch monitor with TSI2 9 degree, Tensei Raw pro white stiff. As I mentioned above the spin with the Kuro Kage stock shaft was too high.
Found the sweet spot with the head set at C1 - so up .75 and the face slightly closed. A few bad hits resulted in 3000 spin, but the majority were in the low mid 2000s, about 14 degree launch with a slight draw (surprising for me). Club head was still mid to high 80s, ball speed mid to high 110s. 190ish carry, 210 total.
Time is ticking on outdoor golf, I hope to see if this translates to the course.

Went to the range today to crack loose the ole joints and legiments and see what was what.

Man this TSi4 is complete joy to hit. The sound...the sound just makes me want to keep hitting more balls.

My back is now telling me not to listen!

So much fun.

not sure if this is the correct thread, but i hit a tsi1 20* fairway wood today. i'm in the market for a 7w, and want something smallish but not too deep. after seeing the g425 max in person, it was too big for my liking. i saw a tsi2 that looked gorgeous, but it may be too deep. then i saw the tsi1, and it seemed to be a nice compromise. my first shot was really good. a bit of a toe-y push draw that carried 220, right where i'd want it to be. i hit a few other good ones, and plenty not so good. only concern would be that it always wanted to draw back, where i want something that would help me NOT draw the ball.

the club had a very classic titleist sound/feel at impact, and seemed to be very forgiving. i would say i (and maybe others) labeled the tsi1 as the club for the old guy with less speed who needs more distance, but personally i don't think that's fair after spending a little time with the fairway. it's a damn good club.

Just thought I would pop in here and and tell everyone I love my Tsi4 driver

Was slamming the TSi4 again today! Took the Tirielst guys advice to let others swing it. Yet I still agree with their thought process. Will be more "selective" outside a THP event.

Big Mistake on my part. Not letting others hit it, but knowing when to offer.

Had a guy I was playing with today ask after seeing the glory. Should have know better.

Hit the top of the face multiple times. (Sky ball) and when I got it back I could see where the face chipped off. Sounds different too.

Buffed it out when I got home and sharpied the chips.

To say I'm sad is an understatement. If you could love a driver.. this one qualifies.

Last edited:
Still playing my TSi4 as well. I don’t expect to make any changes anytime soon. Same for my son with his TSi3.

Was slamming the TSi4 again today! Took the Tirielst guys advice to let others swing it.

Had a guy I was playing with today ask after seeing the glory. Should have know better.

Hit the top of the face multiple times. (Sky ball) and when I got it back I could see where the face chipped off. Sounds different too.

To say I'm sad is an understatement. If you could love a driver.. this one qualifies.
That guy should offer to replace the head for you, I feel for u

Check out golfpaint.com perhaps. They have the TS driver crown paint and I’d guess eventually the TSI if they are different.

Was slamming the TSi4 again today! Took the Tirielst guys advice to let others swing it.

Aw, man … I’d be sad, too. And I’d hope the other guy would offer to replace it. Damn … hate that for you.

Reactions: J4U
That guy should offer to replace the head for you, I feel for u
I agree, but I was the one to offer. Beside myself!

Was trying to hit irons off the tee to play my T100s on approach. Wasn't paying that one of attention and happened a few times.

Didn't really check it out until I heard a different sound when I did hit it. Guess they didn't really care or are used to that type of flight.

Guess I should look at others driver condition requesting to hit mine. I will from now on.

Check out golfpaint.com perhaps. They have the TS driver crown paint and I’d guess eventually the TSI if they are different.
Not noticeable unless you hold it up close really after the sharpie and polish. Sound is off and no paint will fix that.

No more bombs...haha

Not noticeable unless you hold it up close really after the sharpie and polish. Sound is off and no paint will fix that.

No more bombs...haha
This just blows

• Sad
Reactions: J4U
I think it’s time to unload my TSi4. Looking over my Arccos data, my $250 Cobra F9 was consistently longer and roughly equally accurate as my TSi4. I’m giving up 10-15 yards playing the TSi4 but it’s at 8.25* and my F9 was playing at 7.5*. And it’s not my club head speed changing because my irons are slightly longer since I’ve started speed training. Maybe an 8* head turned down would get the averages up to what I’m used to, but I think I’ll wait to test new stuff in the next few months.

Went to the range and decided to play a 9 hole round. The driver is still performing even though the sound is different now and doesn't seem to have the original pop. Plenty there, but hate to drop the coin on a new head as this one still gets it out there.

All three times I used it on the course I was in the fairway, just off, or on the green and very playable.

The last Par 4 I had found a Chrome Soft Flag ball on the way to the tee box. I figured I would hit it and see how it felt. Man did it feel good, a little softer than my gamers and same flight and tracking. Will have to check out the offerings and see what in that series would best fit me as I liked the feel and result off the club face.

Right away I new it was going to be good, just can't see the green over the small knoll and sand traps. I didn't sink the 15ft eagle putt, but just lipped by for a tap in birdie!

20211118_134310.jpgHole 8.jpg
Finished the day 1 over, so both the T100s and the TSi4 are in the bag for a while!

I think it’s time to unload my TSi4. Looking over my Arccos data, my $250 Cobra F9 was consistently longer and roughly equally accurate as my TSi4. I’m giving up 10-15 yards playing the TSi4 but it’s at 8.25* and my F9 was playing at 7.5*. And it’s not my club head speed changing because my irons are slightly longer since I’ve started speed training. Maybe an 8* head turned down would get the averages up to what I’m used to, but I think I’ll wait to test new stuff in the next few months.

I sold my TSi4 9* driver and went to a fitting today at PGA Tour SS. I did their tour van fitting on GCquad. I ended up fit for a TSi4, lol. Only the 8* head turned down to 7.25* and with a slightly softer shaft than what I had. The MCA Tensie AV Raw White in 75 gram/x-flex. Carry back to around 280-290 and total 300-310. Club head speed averaged 115. Longest was 117 club speed, 171 ball speed, for 311 total.

I also realized I was doing something wrong with my swing. I started out swinging around 110 but changed my grip from strong to more neutral and I guess that freed up my wrists because I jumped to 115+.

Back