Cobra KING Tour Irons Review

I like them both! But when they sit next to each other like that for some reason I like the chrome better...

I have enjoyed the copper. I like it’s “different” look. Don’t be surprised if the finish is removed come the Morgan Cup.

Late in 2020, Cobra released the KING Tour irons with Mim Technology. Last month, they followed that with the launch of the Copper Series, which featured this set in a new finish that is rather unique. We have received numerous requests to test these out in the THP Tech Studio, so here is another episode of TESTED! where you see the swings and then we breakdown the data.

In the video we below we breakdown the look and then hop into the hitting bay and take shots with multiple irons. From there we will show the data from each and go over what stands out.

Continue reading...

With all that’s going on with the Morgan Cup, this needed a nudge, some great stuff in here by @Canadan

The under coat on the copper looks nice. I’m building the nerve to remove the copper.

I finally left some chatter on one.

I’ve had this set since release.

That’s wild durability.

Sneakiest irons out there.

They don’t get the talk they should, they offer more lateral forgiveness than almost all in the segment and do it with just a little longer heel to toe.

The feel is crisp and impeccable.

They’re indestructible.

And oh yeah, they’re consistent as anything I’ve ever put into play, ESPECIALLY in competition.

Who are we thinking is seeking these irons and the 'not a lot of variance on feedback around the face'? A consistency on strike feedback, is basically a lack of feedback, and was my initial complaint about them. I'm not saying these are meant for me, but based on the original thread and comments by members and staff (edit: or maybe just how I read them?), I'm confused on who we think they are actually for.

They sound and feel amazing. And like you mashed it kind of regardless of a some strike wander, and I think that plays towards a little different skill level than was originally discussed with them. So in a players cavity with minimal offset and thinner top line, yet longer and wider sole, and less strike location feedback, compared to everything else out there what player are we thinking they're geared towards? Asking sincerely, if it reads otherwise. I've lent mine out quite a bit and tried to interest others and they've been challenging to pair.

for me personally I can tell exactly where I hit at on the face of these irons. I believe these irons are for someone like me, an ok ball striker that still prefers a smallish club with weaker lofts. I don’t need or want to hit the ball farther at this point in my life (I’m sure soon I will need some more help though lol). I was actually quite worried when I got these. I was smitten with the t100 and really had no reason to change. The MIM tour exceeded my expectations. I have no reason to change and won’t need to as I don’t think these will ever wear out lol.

for me personally I can tell exactly where I hit at on the face of these irons. I believe these irons are for someone like me, an ok ball striker that still prefers a smallish club with weaker lofts. I don’t need or want to hit the ball farther at this point in my life (I’m sure soon I will need some more help though lol). I was actually quite worried when I got these. I was smitten with the t100 and really had no reason to change. The MIM tour exceeded my expectations. I have no reason to change and won’t need to as I don’t think these will ever wear out lol.
I saw my original set the other day, or just week or whatever, and they look amazing. These things are indestructible. Just ridiculous. It's awesome that they're working out great for you.

I saw my original set the other day, or just week or whatever, and they look amazing. These things are indestructible. Just ridiculous. It's awesome that they're working out great for you.

I hit full swing shots out of the desert with no damage. For someone that doesn’t like to switch irons a whole lot that’s a great thing lol!

These are on sale at PGA SS for $799….

Strong price!

The King Tour MIM irons have been a pleasant surprise for me coming from very traditional forged blades.

The copper finish looks great. The irons feel and sound very good.

It has been an easy transition as the yardages and gapping are pretty much the same as my previous set.

The King Tour MIM irons have been a pleasant surprise for me coming from very traditional forged blades.

The copper finish looks great. The irons feel and sound very good.

It has been an easy transition as the yardages and gapping are pretty much the same as my previous set.
I know these are getting overshadowed by the Forged Tec irons with these being a year old but I agree with your thoughts, some of the best feeling irons out there and the copper finish does wear well. Much better than black pvd finishes in my opinion

I’ve looked at others and unless something comes along like a Hot Metal Pro I will keep these in the bag

I know these are getting overshadowed by the Forged Tec irons with these being a year old but I agree with your thoughts, some of the best feeling irons out there and the copper finish does wear well. Much better than black pvd finishes in my opinion

very underrated irons, still loving mine. Anyone who hits them is very surprised how good they are.

Todays "fitting" these would have finished in 2nd place. These are still my gamers. Only reason 2nd was due to 7500 spin on a 7 iron and losing distance. Consistency for these things is remarkable and though I have the itch, I can't say that I am in any type of NEED to change... just want.

Question for those that have gamed these: The copper finish on mine has held up really well... I love the rustic look it has now and the wear makes it look even better. When I run my finger over the face of these irons, the grooves feel much flatter already than what I would expect. I have the 3 and 4 irons that I do not game and they don't feel this way. Early wear or just me being dumb and looking for something that isnt real?

Question for those that have gamed these: The copper finish on mine has held up really well... I love the rustic look it has now and the wear makes it look even better. When I run my finger over the face of these irons, the grooves feel much flatter already than what I would expect. I have the 3 and 4 irons that I do not game and they don't feel this way. Early wear or just me being dumb and looking for something that isnt real?

I would think with them still being really consistent for you it’s probably nothing.

That feeling is just your mind telling you it’s about time to get the new forged irons that Ricky just put in the bag. 🤔

That feeling is just your mind telling you it’s about time to get the new forged irons that Ricky just put in the bag. 🤔
They will get a chance for sure. Against about 5 models. Nothing was able unseat these yesterday even "wanting" new irons and not really "needing"

Pulled these out of the garage to "fill in" for a bit as I traded some clubs today. These are still really good and I imagine someone could get a great deal on these on the used market and have themselves a killer set of irons.

Pulled these out of the garage to "fill in" for a bit as I traded some clubs today. These are still really good and I imagine someone could get a great deal on these on the used market and have themselves a killer set of irons.

i think they're fantastic. some of the best i've ever owned.

Back