Sneak Peek: Mizuno ST-X 220 and ST-Z 220 Drivers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hitting the USGA conforming list are two new drivers from Mizuno. The ST-X 220 and the ST-Z 220 drivers and while we cannot give out a whole lot of information as of yet, looking at the images portrays some growth from the current models.

Untitled-2-1-1024x692.jpg

What are you seeing here that offers some different designs from the current models?

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Z gets even better? Look out. :oops:

Sliding weights are gone.

Adjustable weight in the back of the Z for more stability and weight adjustment?

There were no sliding weights in the Z or X this past year either, fwiw.
Ooops. I googled Mizuno drivers 2021 and saw the weights without looking further.

• Admin
Ooops. I googled Mizuno drivers 2021 and saw the weights without looking further.
Yes sir, the G which just came out has adjustable weights and the X and Z which came out earlier did not.

we have a great video with Vosh in the tech studio breaking those down

Adjustable weight in the back of the Z for more stability and weight adjustment?
Looks like what they did in the most recent Z and X, it’s interchangeable for fine tuning SW and dialing in.

Both soles look pretty good!

Appears to me like they’ve changed the Wave Sole Plate slightly; extending it more toe and heel - maybe looking to increase forgiveness?

And also the weighting seems to be pushed further back (in a different shape of course).

I also like the change in location for the runningbird logo. Less likely to be worn.

Looks like a little more carbon fiber and different shaped weights. They also clearly love that running bird haha

They look good. I've seen this year's version with @Golfers Anonymous a couple times and was really impressed with the look and sound. I imagine these will be another step forward

Mizuno is killing it with their entire lineup. Great to see - even though it’s going to cost me mucho dollars!

Rear weights for straight & slight draw ball flight :unsure:

I really hope they didn't change the sound. I thought these were really good this year

I love the head shapes. Am I wrong or is Mizuno rolling out new woods on a fairly short product cycle.

Looks like a little more carbon fiber and different shaped weights. They also clearly love that running bird haha
One of the best logos in all of sports!

I see adjustable weights in slightly different places, and looks like a refinement of this years models. I love my ST-X, it is such a good club. High expectations for these ones now!

My Mizuno ST X driver has been the best driver I have had in the bag in quite some time. If Mizuno can improve on that man look out. I probably wouldn’t be in the market since the driver is so good, but curious to hear and see the differences and how it’s improved

Hitting the USGA conforming list are two new drivers from Mizuno. The ST-X 220 and the ST-Z 220 drivers and while we cannot give out a whole lot of information as of yet, looking at the images portrays some growth from the current models.

What are you seeing here that offers some different designs from the current models?

Untitled-2-1-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...
I see some big time weight allocation going on here!!

Interesting with the weight placement. I'm guessing one is to help with draw bias.

Interesting with the weight placement. I'm guessing one is to help with draw bias.
I would venture a guess you are right, based on the current models and their overall design remaining pretty neutral.

I was really impressed with the ST-Z when I hit it a while back at PGA SS. If this one improves on that one, they have one hell of a driver on their hands.

Obviously tough to know from only seeing the sole, but so far, looking good.

Back