The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

This Club continues to impress me…

Here are some numbers from my friends VC SC300i:

FD8951E8-481F-4050-A340-703AAD543001.jpeg
00E51DFE-D6CF-4BF7-9E2B-3A9995613938.jpeg
8CFBF875-4E8B-4FDB-833C-35B9A87E4E63.jpeg
C3B64543-335D-4B24-A685-F74EAD9869CA.jpeg

This club is a monster, and I’m super happy with the shaft change too…

Some shots from today:
1st swing with the Hy-Wood:1634505672206.png

From the tee box:
1634505774773.png

What yardage are you looking for this club to go?
I’m looking for 180ish if I was being honest with myself. I’m not going to get that now with the temps and the wet conditions.

85 swing speed and 130 ball speed with Driver
We’re unbelievably similar. Almost exactly the same, lol. I was in PGASS today and averaged 86/128.
I went in looking to try the HyWood but the only demo shaft they had was stiff flex. I hit the 425, Mizuno, Sim Max2, and TSi. I ordered the Titleist 18* and 21* it looked good to my eye, and the adjustability really helped me with these.
I almost ordered a 24* also but stopped myself. I was in there to cancel a G425 Max driver I ordered the end of June which just got pushed back again until December, so the two hybrids were just about a wash $$$ wise. I didn’t want to go out of pocket for the 24*until I see how these perform out on the grass In real conditions.

Last edited:
I’m still amazed with how well this club has preformed, under an objective look, this club should end up in a lot of THP’er bags…

It has been a stellar club for me - especially helpful when I need to advance the ball 180+ out of the rough. Even my worst shots with it have been acceptable.

I liked it so much that I picked up a 21* and 23* HyWay from Golfworks. They are very much the same idea - feel a little more tinny but play the same. I found the 23* (with the shaft at 40" as the head is 9 wood weight) gave me me the proper gapping from the HyWood and my 25* hybrid (which is 38.5").

It has been a stellar club for me - especially helpful when I need to advance the ball 180+ out of the rough. Even my worst shots with it have been acceptable.

I liked it so much that I picked up a 21* and 23* HyWay from Golfworks. They are very much the same idea - feel a little more tinny but play the same. I found the 23* (with the shaft at 40" as the head is 9 wood weight) gave me me the proper gapping from the HyWood and my 25* hybrid (which is 38.5").
I’m excited to hear all of the people that have tried this club are liking it…

Is everyone going HyWood and not 5W? I was thinking of both in the bag.

My Hy-wood replaced my 5-wood. The distance for me was identical, but Hy-wood was much more consistent for me.... especially off the deck.

The top of my bag is driver, hy-wood, 4-hybrid.

I’m not carrying a 5W, the HyWood went head to head with the Epic Super Hybrid for a spot in my bag… The HyWood won. Better numbers at a lower price point…

I actually carry both the original Super Hybrid (20 turned down to 19) and the Hy-wood. They both carry just about the same but in very different ways. The Super Hybrid I use strictly as a driving iron - has a lot of roll after it lands and is great in the wind. The Hy-wood gets all the fairway and rough work as it produces much more spin and launch.

I actually carry both the original Super Hybrid (20 turned down to 19) and the Hy-wood. They both carry just about the same but in very different ways. The Super Hybrid I use strictly as a driving iron - has a lot of roll after it lands and is great in the wind. The Hy-wood gets all the fairway and rough work as it produces much more spin and launch.
For me and my bag make up, I attempt not to carry two club with the same yardage profile. But it is interesting how you are using those two clubs.

I have the 5w and 7w. They are both outstanding. I like fairway woods as opposed to hybrids. The 5w is 18 degrees and it is easy to launch.

[

This is what i have done as well. Although I have the 16 degree SH. The gapping is not a problem between the two at all.

I really enjoyed the few swings I took with it with @JB but I wish they had it when I did my fitting last weekend. In speaking with the fitter he agreed that most of the people he fits have no business hitting a 3w off the deck, but most need something in their bag they can hit off the deck.

I really enjoyed the few swings I took with it with @JB but I wish they had it when I did my fitting last weekend. In speaking with the fitter he agreed that most of the people he fits have no business hitting a 3w off the deck, but most need something in their bag they can hit off the deck.

I've seen enough of this club, it is now Signature Official, my WITB signature has been updated.

For me and my bag make up, I attempt not to carry two club with the same yardage profile. But it is interesting how you are using those two clubs.
Well they carry the same but, in most conditions, the Super Hybrid ends up 10-15 yards farther due to roll. Plus the Super Hybrid is pretty much immune to wind. HyWood is 205 and Super Hybrid 215-220 (I have hit in the 240-250 range on hard fairways).

Who else is excited to get their HyWood out this weekend?

I currently live vicariously through you.
The man has convictions. Swung it twice in tech studio and went home and ordered it that day.

The man has convictions. Swung it twice in tech studio and went home and ordered it that day.

I feel like I too would need a shaft change haha

Back