Sneak Peek: Mizuno ST-X 220 and ST-Z 220 Drivers

Weights further back to increase MOI presumably. But without knowing what is on the inside that is just a guess.

Interesting with the weight placement. I'm guessing one is to help with draw bias.
I thought the same but its subtle not full blown heel side. Z with weight all the way back reminds me of Cobra XB in that dept. Bet it launches high and is forgiving.

Thought the same thing about the weighting. Not quite as extreme as the SIM series but still stretched way back. I need to go try some Mizuno drivers!

What I am curious about, is how many solid offerings Mizuno puts out that serve a variety of golfers before their woods start to gain serious traction in the hitting bays. There's no question they've expanded on their design and improved it.. When do golfers start leaning that way

I’d hit it ;):cool:

What I am curious about, is how many solid offerings Mizuno puts out that serve a variety of golfers before their woods start to gain serious traction in the hitting bays. There's no question they've expanded on their design and improved it.. When do golfers start leaning that way

I think it is starting to happen. It is really hard to gain ground on the big 3 or 4 OEMs that dominate this category.

Not one vendor in my state carry’s Mizuno woods. I know my irons and hybrids won’t change, nor my putter. I’m open to a 3 wood and driver fitting. Just requires a 3 hour drive to swing a golf club.

not wasting any time between releases, are they? they look pretty good from the limited view in the photos.

guess i need to stop procrastinating on selling my ST-x before the value drops :sleep::LOL:

It will be interesting to see if Mizuno can improve on the X and G, but I really doubt it. Many company product cycles have resulted in the new and improved model being actually worse. Not to be negative at all, time will tell I suppose.

Hit the ST-X again yesterday for the first time in a minute and it makes me even more intrigued in this new version to come

It will be interesting to see if Mizuno can improve on the X and G, but I really doubt it. Many company product cycles have resulted in the new and improved model being actually worse. Not to be negative at all, time will tell I suppose.
How is one deemed worse? Maybe less of a fit individually? I’m not sure I have seen worse personally

How is one deemed worse? Maybe less of a fit individually? I’m not sure I have seen worse personally

Maybe "worse" wasn't the best choice of words. More doubtful that there will be any improvement in such a short time. Of course I would relent that until we all get a chance to see and test them out ourselves, my opinion is just guesswork.

I found myself thinking of Titleist when I stated "worse". I think the 907 line wasn't seen as in improvement over their previous product cycles overall. I'm sure some liked them though.

Reactions: JB
With how I hit the ST-X yesterday, these are at the front of my driver ponders now.

With how I hit the ST-X yesterday, these are at the front of my driver ponders now.
How would you compare this to the ST-G?

How would you compare this to the ST-G?
I hit the previous ST-X which is still my favorite driver of 2021, not this new one, but THP will have LOTS of info soon.

Kind of annoyed with myself that I never tried the last STz. Looks great in hand that's for sure.

Kind of annoyed with myself that I never tried the last STz. Looks great in hand that's for sure.
Same here! I hit the 200 ST-Z driver and 3 wood after I had my bag set. Both were fantastic! The 220 versions are on my radar!

looking forward to getting one of these in hand.

The Z has my attention for sure…

Any idea when these might be available for demo?

I think when demo days emerge again you will see the sheep start to try their wood clubs

Lots of info coming soon. Embargo and all that ;)
Thks James did not realize this. Saw am Instagram on it and posted the question, how long is the embargo?

Back