Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x RCT Golf Ball

Wondering if we know whether this was something Trackman paid Titleist to develop or if it was something Titleist had the idea on independently?
They worked together from the start

This is some rocket science type stuff. Neat technology.

This is a really big deal for those indoor facilities that use trackman.

It also punches holes in the arguments that people had saying that trackman indoors didn't have issues.

Leave it to Titleist to have enough $$$ to put fourth the R&D in this. Good on them & Trackman.

Might this have positive effect on mevo plus data and possibly sales as well? Could this be Titleist 1st gen ball designed for the growing sport of sim golf also?

This is really cool!

Great idea, but $65 is alot of money. I get the longevity argument, but I also see how many balls a place like X-Golf chews through, and I think it's a bit steep. I can see where it's a good buy for a club Champion type place though.

This will be great for those it is aimed towards in collecting more accurate data. Curious about how close the numbers are between say these and the actual with the different covers. I remember Titleist said they delayed color options in the V and Vx to get them right before releasing.

I spend a bunch of time on a Trackman over the winter so I may have to pick some of these up. A sleeve or two would probably be plenty for me though.

Huge benefit for trackman and indoor fitters and lessons. Closing the gap on what is actually happening in the bay be course

This is really freaking cool actually.

It will be interesting to see if a dozen of those produces significantly different numbers than my latest indoor TrackMan session at the club.

I think it's worth $65 to find out.

The primary market has to be CC and places like that. Not many consumers have Trackman set up at home. Also a good way for Titleist to try and take away golfers that use other brands of balls because basically what they are saying is that if you prefer Callaway, TM, Bridgestone etc. and use them indoors on Trackman the data is not as accurate.

It’s even more brilliant when you consider that many fitters will fit you into either the Pro V1 or V1x along with your clubs…since they are the only balls with the technology. So they may convert a ton of customers from other brand balls to one of these two models in their non-RCT form.

Interesting concept. I wonder how long before Club Champion starts using these. I could see how those who use Trackman for fitting can benefit from these

This will be great for those it is aimed towards in collecting more accurate data. Curious about how close the numbers are between say these and the actual with the different covers. I remember Titleist said they delayed color options in the V and Vx to get them right before releasing.
I'm curious about that too. Little things matter. In a club fit, if the data is really good with these, that's what matters, and it's an awesome collab between the companies. Could solve the big issue, and end up being huge.

On the other end, some ball loyalists (other brands) won't love it I'm sure in their fittings. The whole 'bring the ball you play thing' takes a hit. And so do ball fittings. That pretty much goes out the window.

This is a really big deal for those indoor facilities that use trackman.

It also punches holes in the arguments that people had saying that trackman indoors didn't have issues.
That’s what I took away from this the most, it’s a smoothed over admission that there were some very real, very consistent, issues indoors.

I'm curious about that too. Little things matter. In a club fit, if the data is really good with these, that's what matters, and it's an awesome collab between the companies. Could solve the big issue, and end up being huge.

On the other end, some ball loyalists (other brands) won't love it I'm sure in their fittings. The whole 'bring the ball you play thing' takes a hit. And so do ball fittings. That pretty much goes out the window.
Good point on the other loyalist but this could provide a useful Baseline for Trackman and other dopler fitters to gauge the numbers more accurately and less tedious in there efforts.

Just when I was zeroing in on Skytrax for the garage.... Really cool story here.
For the price you can't go wrong with a Skytrak. They just released an update that accounts for spin decay so even more accurate now.

I dont think they take all that much of a hit, you can still do all those things, just not with the the 99% read rate. Plus, most use Titleist anyway, right or wrong.

In many ways Titleist has not been viewed (at least in my mind) as an innovation leader in recent history. It could be that they are just understated and classic in design so it hides their innovation.

But this is genius by them. Now every trackman based hitting bay or fitter will be using primarily Titleist balls to fit. Meaning, here is your fit based on a Titleist ball. You want your performance to match. Go buy Titleist balls.

Genius.

This is pretty wild.

It's also interesting that Trackman has the willingness to admit their shortcomings by creating and promoting this, while others can get away with using their 'gamer' balls with maintained accuracy.

Love the intro.

Back