Tour Edge Exotics Pro 721 Fairway Wood Review

Do the hybrids get no love? Curious..... they look great.
Not speaking for others, but the 4 members of the TEEm received the 3w, which is why there's more talk about it. I'd be curious if others have tried out the Pro hybrid.

Not speaking for others, but the 4 members of the TEEm received the 3w, which is why there's more talk about it. I'd be curious if others have tried out the Pro hybrid.

And I'm curious about the non pro hybrid.

Played in my first Captains Choice Tourny in over a year yesterday and this thing ROCKS ! When you want to hit it in the fairways this Pro 721 3Wood is a gamer. I have been using it off the tee for a few weeks now and I received the 16.5 model and it flys. I can hit that low running draw or fly it high when i want it to drop on the green. There were quite a few holes yesterday where i hit last, my normal spot, and looking at the yardage and the par 4 might have been 350 -390 and we did not have one in the fairway, or maybe only one out there and i could hit this club where we only have 120 or less into a green. Such a beast

Went out of r18 this morning and This beast is just crazy good, had a couple of the guys try it out too before hand at the range, hit your and then hit mine, they were surprised for sure, can i take it out today? ummm no, why would i hit, well you can hit mine....umm no

Haven't had a chance to try it. Would love to as I'm very impressed, like winner winner chicken dinner, with the Pro 3w that I'm testing out. If the hybrid is anything like the Pro fairway it'll be a beast.

Hit the Pro 721 Fairway yesterday multiple times off the tee and always had the same result - long, high trajectory, with a slight baby draw. Sound is growing on me as it's a muted composite sound - but I can really tell when I flush it. Below is an image from Arccos. It was an overall rough day on the course.. 5 three putts and went 44/36 for a smooth 80.. Swing was all over the place as well. But the Pro 721 Fairway was the absolute winner on the day. It'll stay in the bag!

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 8.33.56 AM.png

Have not gotten the chance to hit the hybrids yet. Judging from performance of driver and pro 3 wood I have no reason to think they won’t be a great offering. The pro 3 wood is becoming my favorite club of what we have tested. My distances with it while on coast were still great given conditions. Wet fairways cool humid and sea level. 3 wood easily carried 200 plus before plugging. Lol.

Sometimes I wonder why I carry a driver when i hit this Tour Edge Fairway so well.....I probably hit it 6 times off tee boxes today and It was a beast. I was right even with my group with my 16.5 degree 3 wood. I can stripe it. I mean I love the Driver and I like to hit it because i hit it further than the 3 wood. Sometimes you want to just burry one past everyone. But the 3 wood, OMG it is a hot stick

Sometimes I wonder why I carry a driver when i hit this Tour Edge Fairway so well.....I probably hit it 6 times off tee boxes today and It was a beast. I was right even with my group with my 16.5 degree 3 wood. I can stripe it. I mean I love the Driver and I like to hit it because i hit it further than the 3 wood. Sometimes you want to just burry one past everyone. But the 3 wood, OMG it is a hot stick
I want to see pro 3 wood tec in a mini driver like maybe a 250 to 300 cc.

I want to see pro 3 wood tec in a mini driver like maybe a 250 to 300 cc.

OMG ! that would be a Rocket launcher I would be The Greatest Showman for sure

Played again today... My overall game was atrocious... but... (Wait for it)....

The Pro C721 Fairway was Legendary! It was the only thing that I could hit straight all day. So confident with this club in my hand. Why even use a driver right now??

Gaining a lot of confidence with the Pro. Usually my confidence level with a 3w is low, like I'll hit 1/10 good shots, thus I don't pull it much. Don't hit this club a ton, but I am continuing to gain confidence. Even a bad shot still rolls out quite a bit, but I feel like I don't miss left or right nearly as much.

Had two shots from my last round. First hole of the round, par 5 playing just over 510. Drive was good in the fairway, leaving 230, and I was able to pull 3w for the approach. Hit it well, getting nice height on the approach. Just a bit right of my target and it caught the lip of a bunker, but stayed above the sand. 5 yards to the left, and it would have easily rolled onto the green. Chipped within 5 feet, and hit the putt for a first hole birdie.

2nd shot with this was off the tee, uphill over 50 feet. Got the required height, and then some, to reach the top of the hill. The feel, and ball flight was high, but still piercing. Had it been a flat hole, this ball would have gone for a while. But as it was, put me in great position, leaving me 75 out. Hit a bad next shot, and had to settle for bogey.

Really enjoy this club. Been hitting the C721 driver very well off the tee, so reaching for this less. But for those that might struggle with driver, this has been a fantastic tee club for me. High, straight, and pretty long!

Continuing to enjoy the Pro 3w more with each passing round. Had 3 shots with it today. Popped up one off the tee, straight but only out to 175. Pulled it 2 other times and hit one 220 from the fairway and one 199 from the rough. Both went right were I wanted with very good height. I have confidence in this club I didn't have before, and more confidence than I've ever had with a 3w.

Got the Arrcos hooked up to the Clubs and hopefully I can get some good numbers tomorrow

Continue to use this as an option off the tee. Really liking the ball height overall I'm getting with this. It just goes. On 2 different holes, I went to cut the corner, and was 1/2. Cutting the corner involved getting it over some large mature trees. Just missed on my first chance, but made it on my 2nd. This is something I could have never tried with my old 3w. I just couldn't elevate it like I do the C721 pro. Last tee shot of the day was with this, and it was perfect. Into a bit of a headwind, but found the middle of the fairway, leaving me a nice approach. Unfortunately I left my approach short into a bunker...

Overall, I went from liking this 3w, to really, really enjoying it. I know the ball flight I'm going to get off the tee, and I know I will be able to advance my position well out of the fairway. It gets a bit more height than my other 3w, since it's 16.5* instead of 15*, but overall it provides good gapping. I also appreciate it's versatility. With my old 3w I would only hit it off the tee, or if my lie was just right. With the Pro, I can hit it from a variety of lies both from the fairway, and the rough. Excited to continue to play this more and more!

The 3 wood is a literal beast. Here are a couple of shots i "leaned on" here in north Texas where it is still nice enough to play. 2 different courses, but still, within a weeks time frame. top one is prairie lakes, bottom was the Plantation in Frisco. This is why it is still in my bag. I can flight it low for longer runner it the top shot, and it ran out a bit more than i wanted.....but i still had the angle to the flag. or fly it a bit higher like the lower one for along layup on a par 5 .Tour Edge Pro 721, yepScreen Shot 2021-11-16 at 8.07.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-16 at 8.03.47 AM.png

Played Saturday morning again and the Pro 721 3 Wood was a life saver. I had such a disappointing first 8...lol. Seems like i was pumping the ball over the green a couple of times, Missed it left or right and the ball B O O U N D E D long and left, or maybe right....mostly Left....I sucked, then par'd 9 with a drive right down broadway and a 50 deg to a back pin for birdie. Too more birdies on the back and actually shot 1 under on the back nine....I hit the Pro 721 3 WOOD 6 times on the back and hit fairway EVERYTIME...this has batter FIR than my Driver lol

With another day of snow, probably won't be getting this out again in 2021, except for a Sim round probably after Christmas time. I'll continue to stop in this thread once the calendar flips to 2022, but wanted to provide some feedback for my time during 2021:

1. Out of the 20 recorded shots in Arccos, 5 of them were less than 200. But the lowest was 173. Why am I telling you this? Because using my old 3w, for the most recent 20 shots, I had 2 shots over 200 yards, with my shortest being 28 yards! This means that I eliminated my usual miss with the 3w, with is a topped shot that rolls, if I'm lucky. Now, I did use the Pro more off the tee than my old 3w, so that has something to do with it. But the launch from the fairway, and even the rough with the right lie, has been easier for me than with any prior 3w.
2. The look of this club is so, so good. The matte finish with the carbon wings 🔥
3. The combination with the Tensei AV Raw Blue has been a good one for me. Good feel, launch, and performance. I've been getting good distance, with a great ball flight, while finding the short stuff more often than not. I can get after it, and the shots still stay on line.
4. Enjoy the sound and feel of the club. Just solid overall in regards to both areas.
5. The only issue I had was the weight coming loose after a swing. It happened a bunch when I first got the 3w, then I seemed to have gotten it set. But I had it pop up again last round out. Gives you an audible sound that it's loose, and just wish it would fit better.

Crazy that we were able to test out this limited production club as part of the TEEm. I've really enjoyed this 3w, and it will be staying in my bag. Gaming the 16.5*, it has really slotted in well between my 4i and driver. Gives me a good distance, with enough height to hold a green. Overall a great package from Tour Edge, and it is the best 3w I have ever gamed.

i was out for a round today and hit the 3W quite a few times today with awesome results, I hit 2 par 5's in 2 today. one from 235 via the ShotScope V3 and one from 243. One of my playing partners a sed to hit it on oner of the tee boxes and was just crazy happy with it. I had just hit it myself on a par 4, out drove his driver shot, so he asked to try it. Hit it about 5-7 yards right behind his drive. Bad this was, he left the head cover on the tee box and did not realize it until a few holes later.....

Hit this a few times last round, and it continues to be a 3w I can grab and swing with confidence. Love the smaller head shape and the accuracy I get out of this from the fairway. Most 3w in the past for me have been feast or famine. This one isn't the longest I've gamed, but it's definitely the straightest, and by no means short. Only issue I have is that I went with the 16.5*, and wish I would have gone a bit lower to gain more yardage.

Hit this a few times last round, and it continues to be a 3w I can grab and swing with confidence. Love the smaller head shape and the accuracy I get out of this from the fairway. Most 3w in the past for me have been feast or famine. This one isn't the longest I've gamed, but it's definitely the straightest, and by no means short. Only issue I have is that I went with the 16.5*, and wish I would have gone a bit lower to gain more yardage.

Mine has been in the bag since got it, love the way i can draw this club with relatively little effort and there are a couple of holes on the home course that it comes in really handy for that. I have the 16.5 also. I actually love the loft, just wish the 5 wood was in the bag also in this model.

Mine has been in the bag since got it, love the way i can draw this club with relatively little effort and there are a couple of holes on the home course that it comes in really handy for that. I have the 16.5 also. I actually love the loft, just wish the 5 wood was in the bag also in this model.
I don't mind the 16.5 because the results are there. I can elevate if off the fairway, and it goes where I want it too. Just always wishing for a few more yards though ;)

Back