Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I keep finding my way back in here pondering whether I should have gone with these over the FTs. At the time I wasn't swinging great so wanted that wee bit more forgiveness but I went back and forth for weeks. They just look so good, and the feel is out of this world.
You know what to do next year…

I went back and forth and back and forth on these vs the FTs and decided I needed the extra help. Now, I wouldn't change the FTs for anything, I love them...but just always see this thread pop up and think "what if?"

definitely give these a try next year. Not as demanding as you think!

You know what to do next year…
definitely give these a try next year. Not as demanding as you think!

I like the way you boys think - will be working hard on ball striking over the coming months so these are absolutely top of the list to give a much more serious look at. Depending on what else Cobra have up their sleeves of course!

Interestingly, the Maltby measurements show the Tour has a higher MOI than the Forged Tec.

Interestingly, the Maltby measurements show the Tour has a higher MOI than the Forged Tec.
The Maltby measurements are always pretty funny.

Except the OEMs send their clubs to Maltby for measurement, knowing the numbers will be published. The overall Playability Factor is a compiled number and may or may not be helpful. But the actual measurements like MOI, CDimension and VCOG are actual and can be relied upon. You simply need to understand what those numbers mean and what they suggest for your swing. They do not measure, nor suggest that they do, the effect of spring faces, etc.

If you look carefully at the Tour versus Forged numbers, someone who misses a little low and towards the toe will likely be better off with the Tour. I never thought to look at the Maltby numbers before buying the Forged Tecs and was very surprised after my Club Champion fitting yesterday as the Tours were markedly better for me than the Forged Tecs.

I done something dumb but I’ve completed the set. My hands hurt unwrapping the 3 iron. Now have 3-GW. I won’t take the 3 to the course but it completes the MC journey. 199F76DB-43A8-4FBB-8FD3-2EBC7292C935.jpeg199F76DB-43A8-4FBB-8FD3-2EBC7292C935.jpeg7192B1DD-95AF-4174-972C-CCAD3719E293.jpeg387B4588-4D87-4286-B98E-BED8D0221F41.jpeg

I like the way you boys think - will be working hard on ball striking over the coming months so these are absolutely top of the list to give a much more serious look at. Depending on what else Cobra have up their sleeves of course!
So we got a sneak peak, you may be tempted, but the MIMs are legit. Don't be swayed by the shiny and new...

I think you need to let the three iron see a little bit of course time with it's friends, preferably if we have a little money on the line ;)
I will bring a full bag of head covers 😂

The difference between the 3 and 5 iron isn’t massive. This will be gamed a few rounds soon.

The difference between the 3 and 5 iron isn’t massive. This will be gamed a few rounds soon.
That’s high praise for the 3 iron as I’ve seen how well you can groove the 5

i think you’ll hit it fine. Can’t wait to hear the results!

i think you’ll hit it fine. Can’t wait to hear the results!

the consistency is the problem. I’ll plY a round or two with it but not much more

Time to head to the simulator. 3 and 4 iron in the bag will be hit directly against the hybrids in their slot. Expectations are the 4 iron wins out.

Time to head to the simulator. 3 and 4 iron in the bag will be hit directly against the hybrids in their slot. Expectations are the 4 iron wins out.

let us know how it goes!

Every time this thread pops up, for a split second, I get excited thinking it is a new release.

Every time this thread pops up, for a split second, I get excited thinking it is a new release.

These done need to be redone. They need a fair chance from a lot of people because they would make their bags for sure.

These done need to be redone. They need a fair chance from a lot of people because they would make their bags for sure.

they are such underrated irons in a big way!

Sim session was rough. Didn’t have my best. Driver speed was down around 110 today and I was really stiff after working all night. My 5 iron typically is a 190 trusted carry. Today it was mid 180s. The 4 iron was 200 yards and ball flight was good. I’ll continue to test it against the RADSpeed 24 hybrid and I’m 100% sure I’ll put it in the bag some this next season.

The 3 iron is what anyone would expect. Slightly harder to middle. It’s 20 degrees and has some help but it’s not like the 19 degree Hot Metal Pro. Not much junk in the trunk. I did hit a few that were 215-220 carry that felt amazing but I also had several come up at 200 yards. It’s just out of my range to game regularly but was really accurate off the tee for 220yards. It will most likely not unseat the RADSpeed 21 degree hybrid because it is so much easier to strike. I will continue to work on ball striking with it to help improve my game. I’ll carry it for a conversation piece.
King Tec 3H at 19 degrees was 230 carry with minimal effort so it’s easy to see how the club design and physics works. (This distance is encroaching on my 5 wood so I may order a 2H for options)

I have over 150 rounds on these irons, and they still look new. Never had a set like this before. It’s awesome! With what irons cost (for those not lucky enough to get in The Morgan Cup) , the durability is nice to have IMO

I confirmed today on course that the 3 iron will not be in the bag. One shot was amazing around 225 yards and the others were 180-200. The 21 degree hybrid Radspeed is just to easy to deal with this nonsense. The 4 iron however could work its way in. 200 yard carries on three practice shots from the deck. Not sure yet. They do look nice though.

Back