COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

What sort of grip do you guys replace it with then?

So, this thing….is almost impossible not to hit my chosen line with. :oops:

But the grip, I should’ve followed through last night and hacked it off.
😢 You know better than that come on man! :p

My MC putter had a GP Pro Only Red Star corded grip. This one I’m likely going back to the the GP Tour SNSR Contour

So, this thing….is almost impossible not to hit my chosen line with. :oops:

But the grip, I should’ve followed through last night and hacked it off.

you were warned.

You can replace it with any grip you like. I just didn't like the shape personally. I went with a Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0 on my mine.

😢 You know better than that come on man! :p
Yup. Every put in the heart but JUST short, I yelled at the damn grip.

damnit James.

But yeah, 3d models are STABLE
It’s absurd. And it’s funny that it was Cobra that got the 7 and the Spider to mate and make a mallet that looks, well, amazing.

I went with the superstroke pistol GT 1.0 and added I think it was 25 g of weight to keep the balance, think the stock grip is 99g so tried to match that as close as possible since I liked the balance

In additional news, my HS kiddo I walked up and gave my Vintage/Stability putter almost wept. That was cool.

In additional news, my HS kiddo I walked up and gave my Vintage/Stability putter almost wept. That was cool.

yeah that's a cool feeling right there.

yeah that's a cool feeling right there.
It’s like I always tell them, work hard for me, and I’ll take care of you.

It’s like I always tell them, work hard for me, and I’ll take care of you.

that just reminds me of one of the songs from the Chicago soundtrack. Thanks a lot queen latifah

that just reminds me of one of the songs from the Chicago soundtrack. Thanks a lot queen latifah
Lmao, oh god.

Best coach ever

Best coach ever
He’s got 14 of “my” clubs now. :LOL:

But, he’s worked from a freshman shooting 120’s to a high 70’s senior. And that, it’s awesome.

Supernova is awesome.

That’s it. That’s the post.

My 34” Cobra Vintage Stingray-40 arrived late yesterday and my first thoughts is it’s a keeper. I bought it blind, never saw one or hit one, just purchased based on this thread and the Live Morgan Cup thread.

I don’t need to change anything on it, the stock grip and weight are fine. This one has some toe hang vs my Odyssey Bird of Prey which doesn’t and I think it will serve me better based on my stroke. Stingray with a smaller footprint too. Someone mentioned in this thread how square it sits at address, I agree, it doesn’t swing open when u sit it down.

Rolled some last night indoors and it feels so good. Can’t wait for the long weekend, I have 3 rounds lined up Sat-Monday. 😀

View attachment 9036938

View attachment 9036939
View attachment 9036940
View attachment 9036941View attachment 9036942

Played a practice round testing irons and wedges so I took out the original gamer I got refinished this summer for giggles. It’s not anything special, doesn’t even have branding.

The difference between it and the Supernova was stunning. The roll was off and any little mishit was punished. And the stroke wasn’t nearly as stable.

I now want to take the recent old gamer, and Ping iNzb2 which was a solid putter and see if the difference is a stark.

tonights wand, (looks great in the office, doesn’t perform on the green 🤣)
029F3AF4-E051-47B9-9198-70FAB8906FC9.jpeg

Played a 2 man shamble today among my 4some. I drained 2 long birdie putts and 1 long par putt with my Agera. Speed control with these putters is amazing. The SIK Face is legit. Best putter I have ever owned and this is Cobra's first iteration.

Today I putted lights out with my Agera. This is definitely a putter that will probably be in my bag long term.
I’m not sure if it is the face or the MOI, but it puts a great roll on the ball

I rolled @MH’s supernova. Holy cow, that has to be at or near the top of the charts for forgiveness. Face felt surprisingly good. I only took a few rolls but hard to not like the thing. Looks 10x better in person than pics. I have learned that I am not a face balanced putter guy but maybe.

I rolled @MH’s supernova. Holy cow, that has to be at or near the top of the charts for forgiveness. Face felt surprisingly good. I only took a few rolls but hard to not like the thing. Looks 10x better in person than pics. I have learned that I am not a face balanced putter guy but maybe.
As I mentioned I’m not a face balanced guy either and was able to really get along with this one. You might as well not fight it and just pick one up. I bought mine at 35’ but ended up cutting off a 1/2”.

Back