Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x RCT Golf Ball

I mean, sort of.. If used by retailers and fitters, it impacts a LOT of people, right?
Depends on how many use Trackman vs Foresight. Plus, the minority are still those who go get fit or play in indoor leagues etc

Depends on how many use Trackman vs Foresight. Plus, the minority are still those who go get fit or play in indoor leagues etc

I think it was mentioned but I am curious how effective this is with other doppler based launch monitors. Your Mevo's etc..

Seems like most around here use Trackman. Local shops, CC, local fitters, etc...
I think even Golf Galaxy transitioned into them but I am probably wrong.

Definitely not my choice, but at least in this area from a fitting and indoor perspective, trackman very much dominates.

I think it was mentioned but I am curious how effective this is with other doppler based launch monitors. Your Mevo's etc..
It’s a GREAT question, but one I’m sure Trackman and Titleist won’t talk about :LOL:

Seems like most around here use Trackman. Local shops, CC, local fitters, etc...
I think even Golf Galaxy transitioned into them but I am probably wrong.

Definitely not my choice, but at least in this area from a fitting and indoor perspective, trackman very much dominates.
But, there’s still a minority going and using those overall, I think that’s his point, and I know it was mine in the article. It’s a huge deal, but it doesn’t impact a huge amount of golfers imo

But, there’s still a minority going and using those overall, I think that’s his point, and I know it was mine in the article. It’s a huge deal, but it doesn’t impact a huge amount of golfers imo
That's totally fair. I was reading it more in line with those who are in the fitting atmosphere.

Obviously a 65 dollar fitting ball fits a small window, but for Trackman fitters I feel like it's absolutely critical.

I dont think they take all that much of a hit, you can still do all those things, just not with the the 99% read rate. Plus, most use Titleist anyway, right or wrong.
Yeah it will be a small bunch that really bark about it over the value of more accurate data. Those ones can get a little crazy about their ball though. Even the Titleist they maybe shouldn't be playing to begin with.

I'm assuming Titleist has some sole rights to the applied tech in these?

As mentioned above. The greater impact will be felt if these have a positive reaction to personal launch monitors. That could BIG and maybe it will be the next version. The collaboration with trackman being the nudge off the top of the hill.

This has been one of the biggest issues with me and personal launch monitors. If this adds accuracy and I can maybe take this out on the course to practice or play and have a ball that tracks. That could make things really really interesting.

Not always is the ice breaker the biggest issue. But now the ice is broken and it creates further opportunity.

How could it not help them be more accurate?

That's totally fair. I was reading it more in line with those who are in the fitting atmosphere.

Obviously a 65 dollar fitting ball fits a small window, but for Trackman fitters I feel like it's absolutely critical.
TOTALLY agree on that.

This is really interesting!

Well, that's pretty cool. and the photo shows what it is too. I guess the wishbone shaped piece of metal is the key? It being metal reflects radar whereas the rest of the ball... not always.:unsure:

Patent pending. I see potential other ball manufacturers doing something similar or even licensing Titleists tech on this. that is, if they care. I don't know. I think they do.:confused2:

That’s what I took away from this the most, it’s a smoothed over admission that there were some very real, very consistent, issues indoors.

yup, I think it's a game-changer for those trackman fitting centers...

I mean, sort of.. If used by retailers and fitters, it impacts a LOT of people, right?
That's a good way of looking at it. I didn't think about it like that, that's on me. I was thinking more of an individual user level and that in comparison with the total amount of golfers. While I still think it would be a smaller percentage of usage it is much more impactful than what I had first considered.

This is a really big deal for those indoor facilities that use trackman.

It also punches holes in the arguments that people had saying that trackman indoors didn't have issues.
I'm still waiting for @Canadan to get Nick from Club Champion back on for answers as to why Trackman is better haha

I'm still waiting for @Canadan to get Nick from Club Champion back on for answers as to why Trackman is better haha
I need about a month to research before that episode airs.

yeah now would definitely be the time right?

I'll be getting a some when I can find them to see how they work with my Mevo+. That said, there's a lot that goes into those spin numbers. I don't know that there's any hitting mat that simulates hitting off grass well...mine definitely doesn't.

Definitely a niche product, but it sure will give Titleist a strong presence in fitting bays and sim leagues. Good question as to whether it will work better with other devices - I'd imagine it would improve the results on any radar-based launch monitor, since radar is radar no matter what device is emitting it.

This feels like a hail mary from Titleist to Trackman. Trackman seems to be losing ground on Tour and in fitting bays to Foresight machines. Trackman is still inferior in strike data which will I think is where the rubber hits the road.

FlightScope Golf tweeted Titleist sent them samples, initial results are positive, and testing is ongoing. (I wonder if Titleist sent them this version, or if they created a different metal shape specific for use with FlightScope products...)

Nice summary, @Jman. I had heard about this release. Since the indoor facility where I practice has TrackMan, this is awesome. Balls take a beating, being hit into a screen, but one box will still last a long time, so the expected hefty price tag is well worth it to me. I am excited to get my hands on them.

Nice summary, @Jman. I had heard about this release. Since the indoor facility where I practice has TrackMan, this is awesome. Balls take a beating, being hit into a screen, but one box will still last a long time, so the expected hefty price tag is well worth it to me. I am excited to get my hands on them.
I’m eager to start hearing the real world feedback for sure

Are , new new ball flight laws, now that Trackman may actually measure spin
rather than extrapolate from clubhead path

Back