The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

I feel like I too would need a shaft change haha
They only had R shafts when I placed my order, had to rebuild 🤷‍♂️

The driver was wilder than a preacher’s daughter today. The Hy-wood saved the day. 3 holes i had to punch out and had 215+ left. Was able to get to the hole and give myself a putt or simple chip.

Put the driver in timeout on 14 and the hywood hit every fairway down the stretch.

It makes me wonder if the Cleveland Launcher XL driver has the same magic.

Last edited:
Tried this club yesterday and it might be the worst I've struck any club in my life. Felt like I completely forgot how to play golf. The hitting area on the mat was worn so it felt like I was hitting out of a divot. Need to retest next time I'm at PGATSS.

The driver was wilder than a preacher’s daughter today. The Hy-wood saved the day. 3 holes i had to punch out and had 215+ left. Was able to get to the hole and give myself a putt or simple chip.

Put the driver in timeout on 14 and the hywood hit every fairway down the stretch.

It makes me wonder if the Cleveland Launcher XL driver has the same magic.
The driver is really good.

The driver is really good.

lol! Not what I needed to hear! The driver (G425) issue seems to be shaft related. I threw a Rogue White into it the last couple of rounds and it's just not a good fit for me. I had a major hook/block issue with it. I threw the Alta back in it and took it to the range. It was back to a 5-10 yard draw and a fairway finder. But the Hy-wood was so dead straight and performed with whatever swing I put on it that I'm curious about the other Cleveland woods.

There is a demo day next Saturday. I'm going to check it out then.

Thanks for this post. I actually purchased the whole line of Cleveland Launcher products. Driver, 3w and halo hybrid. I really love these products. I was playing the Callaway epic and by far the cleveland out performs every club I hit. Many people say it is a bit loud but I really like the sound each club makes. I definitely recommend any of the cleveland launcher products.

Thanks for this post. I actually purchased the whole line of Cleveland Launcher products. Driver, 3w and halo hybrid. I really love these products. I was playing the Callaway epic and by far the cleveland out performs every club I hit. Many people say it is a bit loud but I really like the sound each club makes. I definitely recommend any of the cleveland launcher products.
Talk to me about the hybrid.....:D

Played today and the Hy-Wood has really improved my game. Just so nice to pull out a club in the fairway and just know your going to advance the ball “North and South” Makes me want to hit the fairway wood.

Talk to me about the hybrid.....:D
Sorry. Like the whole set so much I couldn't help it. As for the halo hybrid. It is a solid club that gets off the ground effortlessly. It hits crisp and the distance is amazing. I have the 3 hybrid and hit it 215 - 230 yards with a nice and smooth swing. Really easy to hit. Hope this helps.

Went to Dicks and hit the hywood today. Really really liked it! Only had the senior flex so probably head to PGA ss to check out the stiff flex. Thinking hard on getting this club!

Sorry. Like the whole set so much I couldn't help it. As for the halo hybrid. It is a solid club that gets off the ground effortlessly. It hits crisp and the distance is amazing. I have the 3 hybrid and hit it 215 - 230 yards with a nice and smooth swing. Really easy to hit. Hope this helps.

Hmm, it's on my list. I have the G425 4H that's still under the PGATourSS playability guarantee. I like it, but not as much as the old G410. It was an impulse purchase I made when the G410 got a loose head the day before a tournament. I like the Hywood so much that it's making me wonder..

I'm on such a Cleveland kick. CBX2 wedges, Frontline putter, UHX 5-iron...Hy-wood. The Srixon 6-P are set in the bag. But PING driver and hybrid are looking at all the bag invaders.

I’m looking for 180ish if I was being honest with myself. I’m not going to get that now with the temps and the wet conditions.
One of my shots from Saturday - 1 hour delay because of Frost and 50* when I hit this shot
So Wet and Cold:
1635168720041.png

In the mid summer when it's hotter and dryer, this is I'd guess 190ish or more.
Exactly what I want from this club - Eat Yards.

The HyWood is the club that I have been searching for in the 5W/2H spot. Great off the tee and off the deck. It also handles lies in the rough very well.

One of my playing partners was so impressed with the HyWood, he went straight to Edwin Watts to test it out after the round.

Hmm, it's on my list. I have the G425 4H that's still under the PGATourSS playability guarantee. I like it, but not as much as the old G410. It was an impulse purchase I made when the G410 got a loose head the day before a tournament. I like the Hywood so much that it's making me wonder..

I'm on such a Cleveland kick. CBX2 wedges, Frontline putter, UHX 5-iron...Hy-wood. The Srixon 6-P are set in the bag. But PING driver and hybrid are looking at all the bag invaders.

fwiw I thought the G425 4H was a great club (mine had Tensei Orange stiff). I ended up selling it because...well....new stuff. I now have the Halo 5H w/stiff, then go to my F9 3H. The Halo 5H took a bit to dial in - it swings a bit heavier than the G425. I still have G425 6H and 7H. I've sorted the 5H but if I still had the G425 5H I wouldn't be that sad. Both are solid clubs.

Be interesting to see a 3 way shoot out. Callaway UW and super hybrid and this thing. I think the UW has a more neutral/face/ flatter lie setup than the others. The super hybrid would be a more similar in lie and weighting as the Hyway. I think they are all aimed at the same thing to help us hit off the deck for those that struggle with woods.

Would the general census be that these are being used to replace 4/5 woods. i doubt you could get close to 3 wood numbers/distance with these.

Be interesting to see a 3 way shoot out. Callaway UW and super hybrid and this thing. I think the UW has a more neutral/face/ flatter lie setup than the others. The super hybrid would be a more similar in lie and weighting as the Hyway. I think they are all aimed at the same thing to help us hit off the deck for those that struggle with woods.

Would the general census be that these are being used to replace 4/5 woods. i doubt you could get close to 3 wood numbers/distance with these.
I have the hywood and a 16* degree ESH. The Hywood is a great 5W replacement. The SH can easily touch 3W length for me. From what I’ve seen in the UW thread people are seeing the same.

Im going to put this against the others in the category this weekend out at our course on an open hole. Pretty interested to see which way I lean

Hit the Hywood 4 times today. I didn’t hit a bad shot with it. It’s crazy how easy this thing is to smash from the fairway.

Last edited:
Im going to put this against the others in the category this weekend out at our course on an open hole. Pretty interested to see which way I lean
Well-we’re-waiting.gif

Little @Club Champion action last night with the Hy-Wood:
1636206664736.png
Not getting the height @JDax is getting however like the distance (Wanted it to be a 200 yard club) and the smash factor. Tried a couple shafts and we agreed that the stock option was just fine for me.

View attachment 9041981
Not getting the height @JDax is getting however like the distance (Wanted it to be a 200 yard club) and the smash factor. Tried a couple shafts and we agreed that the stock option was just fine for me.
You went for a single club fitting there? If so how much is that?

View attachment 9041981

seems like a solid option. How high do you normally hit the ball these days, esp with something like a 3H or 5w?

View attachment 9041981

Looked like a few bullets there. Is that normal with a 5w for you?

Another good day for the HyWood…
@Vortex was a witness to the greatness of this club.

Back