LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2021 Titleist Experience

It’s gonna take some time and convincing of the Mrs. but I am going to have to do a Titleist driver and woods fitting, and Vokey wedges too. And lessons. And dropping oh, 80 pounds or so…

AAB9A557-61CB-4F6C-91B2-C7E3E4690BB8.jpeg
this pic is taken from behind 16 green. Still hard to see all of the ridges and distinct green sections but hopefully a little easier to discern them. One of the craziest greens I have ever played.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
View attachment 9037950
this pic is taken from behind 16 green. Still hard to see all of the ridges and distinct green sections but hopefully a little easier to discern them. One of the craziest greens I have ever played.

Craziest hole tee to green I have ever played. 🤯

Here’s another look at it...
6C789042-2DE7-4407-AE39-D8EAB96445DD.jpeg
This better shows the four distinct sections of the green. From A to D is a rise of 4-5 feet. From C-D a little less. If you were in Section B putting to hole location D, just forget it. Take your three putt and move on. The ridge that segments A and C is pronounced, narrow, and probably a couple of feet high. To get it close to the hole from B you’d have to putt frighteningly close to that “red ridge” and the slightest mistake pushes you into Section C. Just a little too far right of it from the player’s perspective, then the red ridge and the one segmenting A and D will push the ball VERY hard to the right. Really almost impossible to get it onto D from B anywhere close.

Let's go Dougy, getting right back at it!!!!!!
Hey I've been around all this time, just the ACL prevented me actual golfing for a year. Your right though...this fueled the desire to get better!

Left the hotel at 4:00am and I have only made it to LA. 12 hrs to go if everything stays on time.
Holy cow, man...are they taking you to Alberta by way of Australia or something??? 😬

I just made it home. What an amazing time these last couple of days. I already have a tee time tomorrow to enjoy some T200 goodness on my home course. Plus I need to work on the grip tips I got during last night's dinner from @gbtrsc. @MH and @mmaynard11. Thanks guys for the advice, I am going to work on it hard. Also want to say thanks to @GoldenBuff, @J4U, @JB, Luke and Josh for everything you are all incredible people. Couldn't resist sharing a picture of the new sticks in my gamer bag.

Attachments

• EE4B1FFA-DC14-4504-9AD9-F24E9B30982E.jpeg
    EE4B1FFA-DC14-4504-9AD9-F24E9B30982E.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 14
6572ABFF-C4C0-494C-8C9B-5811A17F4DDB.jpeg
I and my luggage and clubs are all on the plane to head home!

I just made it home. What an amazing time these last couple of days. I already have a tee time tomorrow to enjoy some T200 goodness on my home course. Plus I need to work on the grip tips I got during last night's dinner from @gbtrsc. @MH and @mmaynard11. Thanks guys for the advice, I am going to work on it hard. Also want to say thanks to @GoldenBuff, @J4U, @JB, Luke and Josh for everything you are all incredible people. Couldn't resist sharing a picture of the new sticks in my gamer bag.

I’m not sure what to make of those clubs. The back looks way too sexy to be GI but the sole says “I forgive you”. It’s hard to wrap my head around but they must be pretty sweet. That was some good golf out there.

Holy cow, man...are they taking you to Alberta by way of Australia or something??? 😬
Driving may have been close time wise

& now another 5 hour layover

Flight attendant reading the preflight spiel sounded like she was 12 years old. Everyone in first class was looking around with this wide-eyed “Really?” expression! 🤣

• Appreciation
Reactions: MH
She is still letting you get the new driver tho, right? My wife can call me anything she wants as long as the driver is still approved!:D
That’s a non starter…yep going to look at them tomorrow.

Absolutely man!!! It was a pleasure meeting you and great things turned out well from a travel perspective. 1st experience under your belt!!! Next time I’m up your way let’s get a round in.

hope the grip tip works out for you! Great to meet you and the others. We will plan a Carolinas gathering soon!

Here’s another look at it...
View attachment 9037964
This better shows the four distinct sections of the green. From A to D is a rise of 4-5 feet. From C-D a little less. If you were in Section B putting to hole location D, just forget it. Take your three putt and move on. The ridge that segments A and C is pronounced, narrow, and probably a couple of feet high. To get it close to the hole from B you’d have to putt frighteningly close to that “red ridge” and the slightest mistake pushes you into Section C. Just a little too far right of it from the player’s perspective, then the red ridge and the one segmenting A and D will push the ball VERY hard to the right. Really almost impossible to get it onto D from B anywhere close.
That looks like a challenging green!! Fun though!

Home!

2k posts in here!!! Thank you everyone for following along with us!!! Meant a lot and I can ensure you every post was read! It was tough keeping pace with all of you while on the course with spotty coverage & every time I refreshed the page I was 5 behind. Not to mention we played 4 hr rounds…we were moving!

2k posts in here!!! Thank you everyone for following along with us!!! Meant a lot and I can ensure you every post was read! It was tough keeping pace with all of you while on the course with spotty coverage & every time I refreshed the page I was 5 behind. Not to mention we played 4 hr rounds…we were moving!
It was a fun follow to enjoy the beautiful scenery, see you guys enjoying your new clubs, and keep up with the competition. You guys were playing some great golf out there!

It occurs to me that we forgot to ask the Titleist duo a very timely question: what Titleist’s stance is on the local rule limiting drivers to 46” in competition. To my fellow attendees, do I remember correctly, or was it asked, answered, and I’m severely brain cramping?

Back