LIVE UPDATE THREAD The Ben Hogan Experience

Made it to the hotel and wanted to say my thanks before I pass out for the night. @DNice26 said it well: sincere gratitude. I've been lucky and took part in 3 THP events (they get BETTER every year) and the response I get when I try to explain this community is always the same: disbelief. If I didn't have the clubs and the pics, I doubt anyone would believe what goes on around here. To hop on here after another 18 holes and a long drive on the i95 and see 88 pages worth of love is really special. This place is great.

For anyone on the fence about whether or not to sign up for a THP event... go take a look at that slo-mo drive of mine and tell me THP events aren't for golfers of ALL skills :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Drives like that happen, but I honestly couldn't even tell you what hole that was (and it happened TODAY). The memories though: pars on hole 1 of TB each day, carpet putting contests, seeing all those clubs lined up and waiting for us, getting to know the fantastic people at BH Golf, Josh and @Hallie_BHG (and picking their brains, learning about *redacted*), Grizzinit.6--those are the things that'll keep me smiling for years.

Shout out to the people: Josh, Hallie, JB, Cody, Jason, Brian (x2), and Darrin. Glad to spend time with ya'll, hope I kept the pace. I'll be back in these threads for a while saving as many pics and videos as I can keep on my phone.

Not lastly, the clubs. I have so much more to say about the clubs and Ben Hogan Golf, so please check out those updates on the club review threads as you start to see them refresh over these next few months and into next year's golf season. My day 1 cart-partner @Briantime and I both agreed that it was crazy how fast we were adjusting to these clubs. We got progressively better each 9 on the first day: I shot 48-44 and Brian: 56-51. My round today round was even better and I am very excited to get these home to put them into regular play. Can't say this enough: BHG is an obscene value for weekend golfers like myself and should absolutely be tabbed alongside any OEM when you're in the market for new clubs.

Going to get some much needed rest now. Thanks for taking the journey with our group, THP.

Ben Hogan Experience 2022!

Finally all caught up. Great even by all. Unfortunately work got in the way of more participation this time , it’s a necessary evil. Great pictures and videos and awesome looking courses.
Same here. Awesome thread. Congrats on the amazing experience guys!

Made it to the hotel and wanted to say my thanks before I pass out for the night. @DNice26 said it well: sincere gratitude. I've been lucky and took part in 3 THP events (they get BETTER every year) and the response I get when I try to explain this community is always the same: disbelief. If I didn't have the clubs and the pics, I doubt anyone would believe what goes on around here. To hop on here after another 18 holes and a long drive on the i95 and see 88 pages worth of love is really special. This place is great.

For anyone on the fence about whether or not to sign up for a THP event... go take a look at that slo-mo drive of mine and tell me THP events aren't for golfers of ALL skills :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Drives like that happen, but I honestly couldn't even tell you what hole that was (and it happened TODAY). The memories though: pars on hole 1 of TB each day, carpet putting contests, seeing all those clubs lined up and waiting for us, getting to know the fantastic people at BH Golf, Josh and @Hallie_BHG (and picking their brains, learning about *redacted*), Grizzinit.6--those are the things that'll keep me smiling for years.

Shout out to the people: Josh, Hallie, JB, Cody, Jason, Brian (x2), and Darrin. Glad to spend time with ya'll, hope I kept the pace. I'll be back in these threads for a while saving as many pics and videos as I can keep on my phone.

Not lastly, the clubs. I have so much more to say about the clubs and Ben Hogan Golf, so please check out those updates on the club review threads as you start to see them refresh over these next few months and into next year's golf season. My day 1 cart-partner @Briantime and I both agreed that it was crazy how fast we were adjusting to these clubs. We got progressively better each 9 on the first day: I shot 48-44 and Brian: 56-51. My round today round was even better and I am very excited to get these home to put them into regular play. Can't say this enough: BHG is an obscene value for weekend golfers like myself and should absolutely be tabbed alongside any OEM when you're in the market for new clubs.

Going to get some much needed rest now. Thanks for taking the journey with our group, THP.

Love everything about this post!

love this. Glad you had one hell of a time.

Some quick thoughts I need to spew.

I continue to be shockingly impressed by all the industry people who help to put on these experiences, play in them, and engage with the community. Josh and @Hallie_BHG from Ben Hogan are right at the top of the list. Rolling up to a clubhouse as the close to see 8 people you mostly have never met in your life, but share the same passion is kinda crazy in itself. Then you turn see 87 or so brand freakin new clubs, lined up on a wall overlooking of the more picturesque finishing holes I've seen. Nuts. Then tech talk where you get some bits of information about all kinds of stuff in the pipeline....all kinds of stuff. Just stuff regular internet golfers probably shouldn't know but are completely enamored by.

Then @JB holding things together as he does. Also, If he taught a course on golf-related ****-talk, I'd sign up. :ROFLMAO: My putting deserved it for most of the weekend.

Great group of guys as well, I'll try to drop some more shoutouts at some point.

Also will get into specific club threads as I get some more time with them.

But got to mention the GS53 max. wow. I put a weird combo together and was really really impressed. Playing shamble format most of the weekend, I was taking some 100+% swings pretty often and this club let me. The only time I lost it was when I was trying to force a draw and left the face open, thats on me. Other than that I rarely missed a fairway unless I went straight through it. That's no small thing for me. Distance loss on toe hits was there but not bad at all. No question this is staying in the bag.

I do think I messed up with the iron shafts as the light stiff flex recoils were everything I feared graphite shafts to be. Going to get it out on the home course and see if the soft low country soil has part to blame too. Similar with the wedges. Might be quick to put some heavier shafts in all of them.

Putter needs a new grip before final judgement, but solid feel and near perfection at setup.

Such a whirlwind 2ish days but so much fun.
Huge props to the community as well, we did what we could with updates hopefully, but the thread was running away from us, lol. All of us were pretty amazed how active it was during the event, and that's an awesome thing. 👍

Last edited:

I had such a wonderful time playing with you and am so glad you had a blast the last few days!

Awesome photos.

Those pictures are 🔥🔥🔥🔥

@Hallie_BHG bringing the heat with the best photos from just about any experience!

much appreciated!

Pretty sure I need some DBM in my life…

Pictures are incredible @Hallie_BHG !!

Also @DNice26, I now want an UNRL hoodie. wonder why??

Back