Callaway Apex Pro vs X-Forged CB Irons

The X forged can only be described as dense.. I really enjoyed hitting them. I liked them much more than the apex. Shape is pretty comparable but the X forged was hands down better in my opinion.

For some golfers I guess it’s tough. For others it’s a total non factor (including me). I have absolutely no relation to the challenges of offset (aside from the clubs that basically have onset because they are terrifying haha)
I know. I'm actually a little curious if that will change for you if your move does a little. If you're still making changes. Your path and attack might be about the least affected by offset of any I can think of.

I guess I just don’t see what that has to do with the thread which is simply comparing two irons from callaway.

that in mind, just bend them if you want different lofts. They don’t need to dump models to add in more lofts in the same head.

Fair enough, but I do. The review indicated the the models were exceedingly similar.
It wasn't a stretch to think of other options that could be considered instead.

And bending the loft changes bounce angle on the clubs.
It's not remotely the same as offering models with different lofts.

I merely presented my thoughts as an idea, but you managed to get both pedantic and snarky without
having informative backup for either. I don't know why you're so belligerent, but I'll be henceforth ignoring your posts.

Please feel free to do the same with mine.

Fair enough, but I do. The review indicated the the models were exceedingly similar.
It wasn't a stretch to think of other options that could be considered instead.

And bending the loft changes bounce angle on the clubs.
It's not remotely the same as offering models with different lofts.

I merely presented my thoughts as an idea, but you managed to get both pedantic and snarky without
having informative backup for either. I don't know why you're so belligerent, but I'll be henceforth ignoring your posts.

Please feel free to do the same with mine.
(you can't ignore a mod, sorry)

Don't be upset for me following your strange logic. TCB and X Forged CB are about as close a comparison to T100 and T100s as it gets - so i guess your point is more that you'd rather they re-name them "TCB" and "TCBs" or whatever, not release two heads that are slightly different in offset, loft, etc and call them two different things.

I don't agree with your stance, and don't see how it relates to a comparison video of the two. How that puts me in the fancy word camp like "pedantic" and "snarky" and "belligerent" is beyond me, but I've been called worse, so it's no big deal. That said, don't speak to other THPers like that - we don't tolerate it.

That said, don't speak to other THPers like that - we don't tolerate it.

Except from mods. Got it. It's your forum. Don't mind me.

Except from mods. Got it. It's your forum. Don't mind me.
Enough. I didn't say anything hostile like that to you. I questioned what your post had to do with the thread/video, that's perfectly fine.

Move on, please. LOADS of threads on THP to talk golf. Create your own thread about iron model offerings if it pleases you.

Reactions: JB
I’m going to conduct my own little comparison between these two tomorrow.

Hey, had a random thought while doing club work about these 2 irons. Why do we think the UT was styled/designed more after the XFCB than the Apex Pro? There's a lot of good stuff going on in the Apex Pro as far as a distance iron goes. Yet they made a hollow version of the XFCB for the UT, instead of just a little bigger and different weighted or something version of the already hollow Apex Pro. It's that odd to anyone else?

Hey, had a random thought while doing club work about these 2 irons. Why do we think the UT was styled/designed more after the XFCB than the Apex Pro? There's a lot of good stuff going on in the Apex Pro as far as a distance iron goes. Yet they made a hollow version of the XFCB for the UT, instead of just a little bigger and different weighted or something version of the already hollow Apex Pro. It's that odd to anyone else?
I wonder how much had to do with bringing that extra material behind the head, to improve the sound.

I wonder how much had to do with bringing that extra material behind the head, to improve the sound.
Yeah, that could be part of it. It is pretty good there. It's not like UT's are really known for their sound/feel though either. Could get away with a be worse sound.

A lot of people have struggled to get the UT in the air and it occurred to me that the Apex Pro is great at getting the ball up, and then I started wondering why they didn't just make that into one. Feels like it would fit more people.

Yeah, that could be part of it. It is pretty good there. It's not like UT's are really known for their sound/feel though either. Could get away with a be worse sound.

A lot of people have struggled to get the UT in the air and it occurred to me that the Apex Pro is great at getting the ball up, and then I started wondering why they didn't just make that into one. Feels like it would fit more people.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple in the collection in the next year or two (I don't know this as accurate, just opinion).

They are willingly providing featured, limited run products like UW and etc for varying needs, I wouldn't be surprised to see it flow into the UT. All that in mind, I love that many of the UTs aren't 'launchers' of the ball. That is exactly what I am looking for in a UT - something that just blitzes. Reminds me of their old Apex UT.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple in the collection in the next year or two (I don't know this as accurate, just opinion).

They are willingly providing featured, limited run products like UW and etc for varying needs, I wouldn't be surprised to see it flow into the UT. All that in mind, I love that many of the UTs aren't 'launchers' of the ball. That is exactly what I am looking for in a UT - something that just blitzes. Reminds me of their old Apex UT.
That pretty much is the UT by design right? Lower launching than the hybrid or iron and if someone wants quicker initial launch, normally an iron makes some sense (see your experiment with the Cobra iron). In general the UT is super niche. Players irons are already in that spot, then add the long side of the bag over the plethora of more forgiving options in irons or going hybrid.

I’ve had a lot of success with the XForged UT. Really good as a tee club, and not a bad option for approach shots. Certainly a lot better for me than the CF16 4 iron was at being able to hold a green. Also more accurate than a hybrid.

I think I would really be interested in some sort of Apex Pro UT, especially if the ball got up like the long irons.

This is an interesting thought...considering that most OEMs went with their "Apex Pro" (i.e. P790s) model in the UT spot? I love my X Forged UT, and it fits well with the X Forged but not so much in the same spot while playing the Apex Pros.

Meant to add this to the above post.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

So after some quick testing, I like both of them, but think I preferred the Apex Pros. Maybe its the profile or look, but I got similar enough numbers that I would be choosing based on preference. I do think the X-Forged are criminally underrated as they are not as talked about as much, but both irons fit the need well for that player looking for a compact iron and some shot shaping abilities.

So after some quick testing, I like both of them, but think I preferred the Apex Pros. Maybe its the profile or look, but I got similar enough numbers that I would be choosing based on preference. I do think the X-Forged are criminally underrated as they are not as talked about as much, but both irons fit the need well for that player looking for a compact iron and some shot shaping abilities.
They are both awesome irons, that fit a great window. I love that it's challenging to pick between the two.

Enough. I didn't say anything hostile like that to you. I questioned what your post had to do with the thread/video, that's perfectly fine.

Move on, please. LOADS of threads on THP to talk golf. Create your own thread about iron model offerings if it pleases you.

OK, sorry for not understanding the purpose of the thread.

Most of us don't--actually, I should only speak for myself and say that I don't--
get the opportunity to try and compare all the models at will.

Thus, I shouldn't and henceforth won't attempt to engage in threads that are actually about that.

I have not played either ( my bad is full Titleist) so I'm going based on numbers/sound.

@Canadan could play either set but numbers looked better on XFCB and I thought it even sounded better.

However, as other have stated, it seems like the Pros are a little more forgiving.

The XFCB are a higher MOI club but the CG is higher in the head so it probably depends on your miss. If your miss is more left/right then the XFCB might be more forgiving. If it’s more up/down then you might favor the Pros. But then it depends on your definition of “forgiving” too. Overall it seems like these are two clubs that try to do the same thing, they just go about getting there in very different ways.

The XFCB are a higher MOI club but the CG is higher in the head so it probably depends on your miss. If your miss is more left/right then the XFCB might be more forgiving. If it’s more up/down then you might favor the Pros. But then it depends on your definition of “forgiving” too. Overall it seems like these are two clubs that try to do the same thing, they just go about getting there in very different ways.

My experience with both of these is the Apex Pros are a bit more forgiving for my miss which is out toward the toe.

Your carry and total yardages are much more consistant with the X-Forged CBs.
Clear to see why they are in your bag.
Great review!
My buddy played the Apex Pros and gets minor inconsistencies in his carry and the sound/feel is not at the level of the CBS.

Thanks for the great content!

Can we resurrect this VS series, and start with the new Apex Pro vs CB?
Favor Please GIF

Last edited:
Can we resurrect this VS series, and start with the new Apex Pro vs CB?
Favor Please GIF
vs the XForged or the new CBs?

I played both the 21 pros and XForged. The new 24 pros feel like they combine the best of both those sets.

I haven’t hit the Apex CBs though so can’t compare.

vs the XForged or the new CBs?

I played both the 21 pros and XForged. The new 24 pros feel like they combine the best of both those sets.

I haven’t hit the Apex CBs though so can’t compare.
I was saying I'd love the see both the new Apex Pro and CB, released in 2023, in this format of video, against each other. I enjoyed this comparison, and would like others like it with new releases.

Back