TESTED! Srixon ZX4 Irons Review

Ok these were my first option at one point, but then I didnt like them in person.
Somehow they grew on me and ordered a set yesterday after Ping advise the set I ordered in July and was due in Monday has been pushed to January.
Have had 501/Z Star/545/565/585's so I've been a big Srixon fan. Was quoted 30 days. Lets see!
Stay safe

What did you think of the 585? Did you try out the zx5 and how do they compare to them. I've hit the zx5 and love them but the price not so much right now. But I can get a set of 585 and the U 85 dirt cheap

What did you think of the 585? Did you try out the zx5 and how do they compare to them. I've hit the zx5 and love them but the price not so much right now. But I can get a set of 585 and the U 85 dirt cheap

I loved my z585's. Was thinking of also get a new set of 585's and reshafting them; as I feel the 585's more forgiving than the ZX5's.
But the ZX4's are even more forgiving and not playing so much, will take all the help where I can find it.
Hope this helps.

Wow that's saying a lot considering my fitting showed the zx5 were the best for me. Now I'm beginning 2 waffle again. Maybe I can find a cheap 585 8 iron ore 7-iron to try out

Or maybe a 6-iron and compared against my ping 6-iron

Would have loved to try the 585 during my fitting but of course they did not have older irons like that. I will have to find one and try it out for curiosity's sake

I've got a 5 iron head hanging out here, waiting to get shafted. Admittedly, I am SUPER excited about it hahaha

Do you think it takes over the bag?

I say whatever lowers the score, there beautiful looking clubs so you shouldn't have any problem with your buddies saying You must be getting old playing those irons :)

By the way my 5-iron was one of my favorite clubs, Fairway tight just hit the five iron low and let Chase down the Fairway, instant gratification

Anyone gaming the ZX4s with Recoil 760/780 ES SmacWrap shafts? If so, thoughts on performance? Are you seeing mid-high launch? Spin?

Ok these were my first option at one point, but then I didnt like them in person.
Somehow they grew on me and ordered a set yesterday after Ping advise the set I ordered in July and was due in Monday has been pushed to January.
Have had 501/Z Star/545/565/585's so I've been a big Srixon fan. Was quoted 30 days. Lets see!
Stay safe

Club house just called my new ZX4's are in! Ordered them on 10/7. Only two weeks!
Much faster than 6 months for the G425's...

Thank you Srixon!!

Club house just called my new ZX4's are in! Ordered them on 10/7. Only two weeks!
Much faster than 6 months for the G425's...

Thank you Srixon!!
We will need many updates of course management and feel on these clubs

I have the Recoil 760 ES Smacwrap F2 in my ZX5's. Love them. They definitely do not balloon on me. Glad I got them.

Well was able to hit a few 6 & 7 irons in the back yard. All I can say is WOW.
Talk about straight and long. Since I went with the KBS graphite shafts I ordered them 1* strong and the ball flight is perfection.
Feel is great, much better than the 921 HM's and the SIM2's. Also quieter than the G425s.
Also hide the size well when you are at address. All I can say is once again Srixon didnt let me down.
Now just waiting on my Srixon bag...

Well was able to hit a few 6 & 7 irons in the back yard. All I can say is WOW.
Talk about straight and long. Since I went with the KBS graphite shafts I ordered them 1* strong and the ball flight is perfection.
Feel is great, much better than the 921 HM's and the SIM2's. Also quieter than the G425s.
Also hide the size well when you are at address. All I can say is once again Srixon didnt let me down.
Now just waiting on my Srixon bag...
Congrats on the speedy arrival and first impressions man! That is fantastic.

Interesting, I have been tracking down used U85s to fill my upper bag (Unlike "Old and Stiff" I am old and stiff). I have a 6i and just found a 4i, am still looking for a 5i. Maybe instead I should have looked at zx4.

Tell me everything
5 iron is a monster. Great profile with the Recoil 110 in there. Hit it four times off the tee with positive results, and once off the fairway with a touch of a pull but not a bad result - if anything further than I had anticipated.

I don't think I hit it as high as I was expecting on a normal swing, which is super interesting (and fantastic news). Didn't send an ounce of time trying to work the ball, which is well suited for that spot in the bag for me - I have no plans to work the ball, just make solid contact and let it cover whatever distance it needs.

What I think I am most excited about is that I think it actually suits the 5 iron slot in the bag, unlike my previous feature which was definitely more like a lumbering 4 iron. That this comes in a 4 means it would probably slot beautifully off my 3 iron.

Oh, and they sound spectacular. Would anyone argue with me if I said these were the best sounding irons between Cleveland and Srixon right now?

Back