TESTED! Srixon ZX4 Irons Review

5 iron is a monster. Great profile with the Recoil 110 in there. Hit it four times off the tee with positive results, and once off the fairway with a touch of a pull but not a bad result - if anything further than I had anticipated.

I don't think I hit it as high as I was expecting on a normal swing, which is super interesting (and fantastic news). Didn't send an ounce of time trying to work the ball, which is well suited for that spot in the bag for me - I have no plans to work the ball, just make solid contact and let it cover whatever distance it needs.

What I think I am most excited about is that I think it actually suits the 5 iron slot in the bag, unlike my previous feature which was definitely more like a lumbering 4 iron. That this comes in a 4 means it would probably slot beautifully off my 3 iron.

Oh, and they sound spectacular. Would anyone argue with me if I said these were the best sounding irons between Cleveland and Srixon right now?
I wouldn’t and agree. Also think they are the best of the ZX line in my opinion. Perhaps best in class

After playing the C721's from TEE, this type of iron intrigues me. As someone who doesnt work the ball much, these hollow body, forgiving irons suit my game. The only issue I have is when I get into the 8-PW. Distance is usually good, but right to left I just don't feel as exact as I have with a smaller Forged offering. But for long irons, they are fun. And for longer approaches with my 6 and 7, I have confidence to get it on, or close to the green.

5 iron is a monster. Great profile with the Recoil 110 in there. Hit it four times off the tee with positive results, and once off the fairway with a touch of a pull but not a bad result - if anything further than I had anticipated.

I don't think I hit it as high as I was expecting on a normal swing, which is super interesting (and fantastic news). Didn't send an ounce of time trying to work the ball, which is well suited for that spot in the bag for me - I have no plans to work the ball, just make solid contact and let it cover whatever distance it needs.

What I think I am most excited about is that I think it actually suits the 5 iron slot in the bag, unlike my previous feature which was definitely more like a lumbering 4 iron. That this comes in a 4 means it would probably slot beautifully off my 3 iron.

Oh, and they sound spectacular. Would anyone argue with me if I said these were the best sounding irons between Cleveland and Srixon right now?
Yeah, you had me nodding in constant enthusiasm until the end. I would argue that. Everyone has their preferences though.

Sounds like a really good time out there! Love that you were surprised it wasn't higher.

Yeah, you had me nodding in constant enthusiasm until the end. I would argue that. Everyone has their preferences though.

Sounds like a really good time out there! Love that you were surprised it wasn't higher.
Hahaha, It’s so funny how personal sound is. Thanks man, it was really fun to hit.

I kind of want a set.

I pulled out my z585 PW that I use to practice and take lessons with. Found there wasnt much of a size difference to my ZX4's.
The z585 is on the right and ZX4 on the left.
Very surprised...

Attachments

• IMG_1540.JPG
    IMG_1540.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 32
I'm a huge Srixon fan, huge. In my opinion Mizuno and Srixon are the leaders in irons and this review solidifies my view. Great job.

I pulled out my z585 PW that I use to practice and take lessons with. Found there wasnt much of a size difference to my ZX4's.
The z585 is on the right and ZX4 on the left.
Very surprised...
How do you compare the 585 to the current Srixon clubs hey, do you still have your full set

Did not put the hay in there on purpose voice to text sucks sometimes

How do you compare the 585 to the current Srixon clubs hey, do you still have your full set
Hello @4hourrule I no longer have a full set of z585's. Just the PW and 7 iron for lessons and to practice with.
When I did play the z585s I found them VERy forgiving. IMHO they are more forgiving than the ZX5's; but I know many will differ in this opinion @Jman .
But the ZX4's are just point and shoot. Straight, easy to launch, great ball flight and long. If I was playing more I think I would do a mix set with the ZX5's. I also thought of getting a set of z585s and reshafting them, but the ZX4's are just a no brainer to play.
Hope this helps and stay safe!

Hello @4hourrule I no longer have a full set of z585's. Just the PW and 7 iron for lessons and to practice with.
When I did play the z585s I found them VERy forgiving. IMHO they are more forgiving than the ZX5's; but I know many will differ in this opinion @Jman .
But the ZX4's are just point and shoot. Straight, easy to launch, great ball flight and long. If I was playing more I think I would do a mix set with the ZX5's. I also thought of getting a set of z585s and reshafting them, but the ZX4's are just a no brainer to play.
Hope this helps and stay safe!
Yeah, we definitely differ on the 85’s vs X5’s :LOL:

OK here are the ZX4 and Z585 7 irons side by side. The ZX4 is on the left and the Z585 on the right. Hope this helps!

IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1567.JPG

Those 585 do look nice

I think Jman has gone to the dark side :). Even though I was fitted to the ZX-5 , these 585s are just intriguing. I know with the Tungsten in the toe the zx is very forgiving for such a small face, and the smaller face cuts thru deep rough so well. I still might have to find a used 6 or 7 585 iron to try out.

I need a 4 i
I promise you, the ZX7 4-iron is a winner. Wish I'd kept mine when I switched from ZX7s to ZX5s. In fact, wish I'd kept the entire ZX7 set.

I promise you, the ZX7 4-iron is a winner. Wish I'd kept mine when I switched from ZX7s to ZX5s. In fact, wish I'd kept the entire ZX7 set.
I am feeling the ZX4. No need to shape or anything like that, I just want a fairway or tee ball bomber.

Never even took wrapper off of 4 or 5 iron when I tried the set. Maybe I should have.

This 5i is a fantastic secondary tee option, it sounds fantastic and ball go far. Much like my utility I'm not sure how it would perform for me off the deck but I'm a fan, really making me think of some sort of combo set next year

I have the zx4 4 iron, I had a fitting last week where I wanted to replace it with a hybrid, after seeing me hit it a few times, the fitter told me to stick with the 4 iron as I was hitting it well and it was going at least as far as I wanted the replacement hybrid to go.
I am still not fully convinced but if you are swinging well it is definitely a beast of a club.

Back