Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

So as my season winds down, I wanted to give a summary of my time with the C721 irons. I’ve been playing them since June. My game doesn't involve working the ball much. It involves hitting, or trying to hit, nice straight shots. These C721's deliver in this category, time and time again. If you want to gain distance, plus forgiveness, these are worth a look. A couple other points:

Sound and Feel Tour Edge claims forged feel from a hollow body, and while I don’t think it’s quite that good, I’ve grown to like it more and more. Both sound and feel are just so smooth. I think the combination of the C721 head, and the Elevate shafts with VSS, makes these a fantastic overall pairing. I'll be honest, I was a little bummed that Tour Edge only offers 4 Standard shafts (I know you can request more, but going with standard here as that's what the TEEm had to choose from). But, I'm so glad to have the Elevate in mine. I’ve had more than a few golfing buddies hit them, and their reaction says it all. It’s a :oops:, then a :D, then a comment about how smooth they are.

Distance The C721’s are about 5 yards longer across the set than my old gamers, the Cobra KFT. So overall, these give you good distance allowing you to reach and hold greens you may not have been able to before. The forgiveness plus distance allows me to go for greens over water, where I may have laid up before.

GIR This year, before playing the C721's I was at right at 40%. With the C721's only I'm at 52% for 2021. Overall over the last 2 years, before the C721's I was at 40%, and since the C721's I've raised my overall GIR to 44%. I had a stretch of 3 rounds where I was at 67% GIR for each round. So needless to say, these are helping me hit more greens.

Long Irons The 4 and 5i are long but easy to elevate and hit overall. I usually struggle with the 4 and 5i, like most of us, and went to a Cobra Speedzone 4i off the tee for tight par 4's. So for the last year I’ve been carrying the regular 4i in my set, and the driving SZ 4i. The C721 has given me another 15 yards compared to the Cobra SZ, with as much point and shoot accuracy. I love having the 4i from the set outperform my driving iron. This opens a spot in my bag! And not to sound like a broken record, but the 4i is fun!!!! Hitting right around 70% of fairways, usually around 215-220 off the tee, but have put some out past 230. If they had a 3i with the Elevate 95 shafts in stock, I would seriously consider adding one to the bag because the long irons are weapons.

Durability Cleaning up my clubs after my last round, and I couldn’t help but notice the finish on the C721's and how well it has held up. I know not a make or break item for some, but I'd rather they stay looking new as long as possible. The 4i is my most used club, and even after many rounds and range sessions, this thing still looks close to new. The satin finish is really good, and the 4i is representative of each club in the set. I know irons are made to get dirty, but with just a quick wipe after each shot, these continue to shine. Very happy with the durability.

General Performance Didn't speak on it above, but the versatility with these clubs is fantastic. From the fairway these are good, but from the rough I've had some exceptional shots. I’ve had a few round where my GIR has been higher than my FIR the last few rounds, in large part to the performance of these irons from a variety of lies. Love this about the set! I've noticed the launch and decent angle on these too are right where I want them. Had to get over trees with anything from the 7i to the PW. No issues getting up and over, while still hitting my distances and holding the green.

Standout elements I'll say 2. The VIRBCOR tech in the head is the real deal. When paired with the VSS of the Elevate shafts, the swing, sound, and feel are all so smooth. The Diamond Face 2.0 provides distance and forgiveness across the face. So good across the face retaining ball speeds, and getting the ball into the air. Just a fun head that allows me to be aggressive, because I know my sweet spot is larger than what I previously played

Overall The profile, upon first getting them in hand, was that they were bigger than what I would typically look at. So initial reaction wasn't the best. But now that I've had them on course, I don't notice as much. What I do notice is the consistency. Being a mid handicap, usually between 10-15, I have my ups and downs with irons. But with these, I have had lots of up, and very few downs. The Diamond Face 2.0 provides distance and forgiveness across the face. The feel isn't as good as a fully forged iron, but the accuracy I've seen with the C721, coupled with the distance, make this a fantastic set. That's not to say the feel/sound is bad, just not as good as a forged.

If you are looking for irons in near future, you are doing yourself a disservice not to at least give the C721’s from Tour Edge a try!

What is the biggest improvement that you see from these vs. your last set of gamers?

Seems like these clubs are perfect all the way around... Can they be improved in the next release?

What is one thing if lost, would ruin the club?

What is the biggest improvement that you see from these vs. your last set of gamers?

Seems like these clubs are perfect all the way around... Can they be improved in the next release?

What is one thing if lost, would ruin the club?
Biggest improvement was forgiveness. My old gamers were pretty forgiving, but these take it up a notch. They are so easy to hit high and straight towards your target, which gives me a lot of confidence. Plus, the long irons, specifically the 4i, is such a consistent weapon. I didn't have as much confidence in my KFT 4i.

Can they be improved :unsure: I've been thinking about this, and maybe making the head a bit more compact heel to toe. That would be my small nit pick, but I'm sure it would take away from the performance then. I was having issue with my short irons, and being more accurate on approach. But last round out I was hitting them very well, especially on par 3's, highlighted by putting a PW to 6 feet for birdie.

I think the feel of these is a big, big plus. If they took out the VIBRCOR tech, and the feel/sound was more harsh, I believe it would ruin the club. It would still perform, but without the same joy I get from it now.

Snuck out for a quick 9 today with a buddy and his son. First 2 holes, one from 182 and one from 175, pulled the 4i and hit 2 great shots onto the green. The height and decent angle leads to them holding the green so well. Just amazing what the long irons can do consistently. I was all over the green today, hitting 7 of 9 GIR. From PW to 4i these irons were fantastic, and just dialed in.

I have an 18 tomorrow am and adding the Arrcos to the clubs, lets see if i can get some better numbers and Picks

I've not seen these in person. Anyone here speak directly as to the C721 compares to the Cobra King Tour? I'm looking to get a backup set of clubs that have more forgiveness. Not sure if these meet that need. Tour Edge has my attention same as some Srixon ZX4/5 combo

I've not seen these in person. Anyone here speak directly as to the C721 compares to the Cobra King Tour? I'm looking to get a backup set of clubs that have more forgiveness. Not sure if these meet that need. Tour Edge has my attention same as some Srixon ZX4/5 combo
I can't compare to the King Tour, but I can say they are more forgiving than the King Forged Tec. I get quite a bit more height out of the C721's and about 5 or so more yards per club.

The C721's would be a great set it you are looking for forgiveness, distance and easy launch. I'd imagine they are in line with the ZX4. I played the 565/765 irons from Srixon and the C721s are more forgiving than both. C721's are a full club longer too. The one are that the 565/765 set out does the C721 is feel on well struck shots. The C721 sound and feel is fantastic, just not as buttery smooth as a fully Forged iron.

@Canadan has hit both the C721s and the ZX4, so he may be able to provide that context.

@hedley_lamarr08 let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help. These are a great set overall, and have me playing some really good golf right now.

I have not played the King Tours Either, I was playing the Hogan PTXPro/Icon combo set before getting my C721's and they call out to me when i walk though the garage, ask me if we are going out again sometime......I just smile and take the C721's, so forgiving and long.

Any issues with the random flyer. Played Apex CF16 and GMax and with those stronger lofted and faced clubs i over shot many greens.

Any issues with the random flyer. Played Apex CF16 and GMax and with those stronger lofted and faced clubs i over shot many greens.
My experience with flyers was limited to my first 2 rounds with them. I had it happen once in each round, and both were 8i's that went 15 yards further than I had planned. I'm going to chalk it up to getting used to the clubs because I haven't had any since those 2. I have mentioned this before but I'm seeing GIR up over 50%, with quite a few rounds coming in at 67% GIR. Looking back at my Arccos data for my irons, about 1 in every 10 shots is considered long, but most of these are on the back fringe, having hit the green and rolled off, not flying over it. Based on my personal experience, I wouldn't be worried about any random flyers coming with any regularity.

Nothing that I have seen. Distance has been pretty right on where it should be

I have an 18 tomorrow am and adding the Arrcos to the clubs, lets see if i can get some better numbers and Picks
Hey @donny475 were you able to get some solid data during your round?

Hey @donny475 were you able to get some solid data during your round?

Yes i Did, I just had to figure out how to get it from the website and to an upload here.....lol.
Here is a few shots,
Par 5 and a really good drive. the 6 iron was from about 190 but I pulled it through a tree left of the green.
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.26.46 PM.png
Short Par 4, 8 iron to the fairway then a 50 deg to the green
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.26.11 PM.png
Driver was alit off the heel on this one, 8 iron down to the lay up. Funny thing was the third shot shows left but it was past the pin to a 2 putt par.
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.28.55 PM.png
8 iron on a short par 4
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.26.11 PM.png
3 wood to the fairway, PW to middle o f the green
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 5.39.14 PM.png

I was off on a lot of shots and shot an 85 over all, there were dome good holes but thee were some badly short sided ones for results of Double bogey

Last edited:
Yes i Did, I just had to figure out how to get it from the website and to an upload here.....lol.
Here is a few shots,
Par 5 and a really good drive. the 6 iron was from about 190 but I pulled it through a tree left of the green.
View attachment 9042716
Short Par 4, 8 iron to the fairway then a 50 deg to the green
View attachment 9042717
Driver was alit off the heel on this one, 8 iron down to the lay up. Funny thing was the third shot shows left but it was past the pin to a 2 putt par.
View attachment 9042714
8 iron on a short par 4
View attachment 9042717
3 wood to the fairway, PW to middle o f the green
View attachment 9042722

I was off on a lot of shots and shot an 85 over all, there were dome good holes but thee were some badly short sided ones for results of Double bogey
Great stuff! I think you'll like going through once you get more data in. Looking at trends, averages, etc.

Great stuff! I think you'll like going through once you get more data in. Looking at trends, averages, etc.

Yep, Still figuring things out, @jmix18 and I were texting back and forth when i was looking at getting the Arrcos. I kinda like it, gotta make sure to get the handle close to the LINK to read, I changed putters last week and forgot to move the sensor over.

on a separate note, i had my Bushnell Hybrid Laser die again, I got it working last time, this time no go....sent it off to Bushnell to see if its reparable

Yep, Still figuring things out, @jmix18 and I were texting back and forth when i was looking at getting the Arrcos. I kinda like it, gotta make sure to get the handle close to the LINK to read, I changed putters last week and forgot to move the sensor over.

on a separate note, i had my Bushnell Hybrid Laser die again, I got it working last time, this time no go....sent it off to Bushnell to see if its reparable
Love my Arccos - Just make sure that the Link is on the outside of your pocket. There's no tapping needed so not sure why you're having that issue. I always place it on the outside of the my left pants pocket - I'm right handed.

Love my Arccos - Just make sure that the Link is on the outside of your pocket. There's no tapping needed so not sure why you're having that issue. I always place it on the outside of the my left pants pocket - I'm right handed.

I missed a lot of shots the first round, just kinda made sure the handle was right next to the link on shots the second time. I had it clipped in the front of my right pocket the second round. I am sure i will get used to it....

I missed a lot of shots the first round, just kinda made sure the handle was right next to the link on shots the second time. I had it clipped in the front of my right pocket the second round. I am sure i will get used to it....
It should be on the side of your follow-through. But love the fact that you're getting real-time data for the C's. I think you'll love the pairing even more as you figure out how they can work together.

Had my longest 4i of the season last round out. A bit downhill, but put it out there to 238, right down the middle. Love this club!

Got out for what might be my last round of the season today. Irons were great yet again. Excited to see what 2022 has in store but I see no reason to kick these out of the bag based on performance

Got out for what might be my last round of the season today. Irons were great yet again. Excited to see what 2022 has in store but I see no reason to kick these out of the bag based on performance
I feel the same, as I think about my 2021 season with the C721's.

Played some sim golf with the wife last night. Swing is jacked up right now but I'm not worried about that.

Started playing with my PXG irons and just hit some poor shots... I was frustrated beyond what I should have been.

Switched to the TE C721 irons to give me something different in my hands. And - I gotta tell you that they continue to grow on me - especially the long irons as they are so easy to hit. I played so much better hitting the C721 irons last night in comparison to the PXG's. They felt great when hitting the new Bridgestone Tour Bx Protos. While the ball didn't always go in the direction I wanted - as I started to swing under control I could really tell/feel the tech that TE has put into their irons. They felt just as good as my forged irons and in the end - I wasn't as sporadic.

While it's not part of this thread - the TE Pro 721 Fairway will be staying in the bag for the long haul right now. It's just awesome.

Back