First Look: Cobra KING Utility Iron

Still want one of these if anyone has one in an X shaft!

Biggest regret from the Morgan Cup was not hitting someone's Utility on the range to test out.

I love the driving iron concept but have to overlap the loft with a wood.
My mind somehow wants driving irons into tight landing areas and lofted woods into greens.
It doesn't have to be logical. It's golf.

I love the driving iron concept but have to overlap the loft with a wood.
My mind somehow wants driving irons into tight landing areas and lofted woods into greens.
It doesn't have to be logical. It's golf.

i have a big overlap in my bag that I’ll change out due to conditions. First time I’ve had options. This in a 2i gives me the option of playing the ball low and running. I play the 5 Tour FW and I get some higher ball flight and longer carry with less roll. Then the King Tec hybrid that does basically both jobs at either distance. A 2H will be ordered for Christmas

Hit my 3U quite a bit this past weekend. Next to the driver might be my favorite club to hit off the tee. Really curious to see if there is an update coming next year.

Biggest regret from the Morgan Cup was not hitting someone's Utility on the range to test out.
More then happy to send you mine for a week or two if you want to take for a test drive!

More then happy to send you mine for a week or two if you want to take for a test drive!
Thanks. I have one inbound now so I guess dreams do come true.

So my Morgan Cup connections got me a 2U in the mail this weekend with a recoil shaft. I was able to get it out to the range today and oh boy is it fun. I was really liking the nice butter cut I was getting when I set up for the fade. The draw was a little more work but my sling hook punch was money with it. I think when the summer comes back in AZ this could go further than my driver. I could hit low runners all day with it. Will get it out for some rounds here soon.

Thanks @jdtox and @hedley_lamarr08

So my Morgan Cup connections got me a 2U in the mail this weekend with a recoil shaft. I was able to get it out to the range today and oh boy is it fun. I was really liking the nice butter cut I was getting when I set up for the fade. The draw was a little more work but my sling hook punch was money with it. I think when the summer comes back in AZ this could go further than my driver. I could hit low runners all day with it. Will get it out for some rounds here soon.

Thanks @jdtox and @hedley_lamarr08

It’s such a good club, so much fun and so verstile

OK another small bucket with this utility and it is so easy to hit. I also love how chunky it looks down by the ball as it is very confidence inspiring at 17*

Off the tee I can go after it and get a good flight on it. I can play the high cut and a low draw pretty easily. I tried the real low stinger and that is gonna need some work but that is me.

Off the deck this is an easy club to pick the ball. I played it at multiple places in my stance and it is very versatile. I switched to hybrid a couple of times and yes the hybrid goes higher but this utility will serve its purpose. In the summer months this thing will roll down the fairways with ease. When I play in windy conditions this can help me flight lower.

So I took 15 clubs to Mexico with me and really the utility did not perform very well in Mexico. That being said when I got home I had the graphite design Tour AD driving iron shaft waiting for me to try out. I took it out to the range yesterday and it is a much better flight for more over the recoil. Off the tee it is amazing. Of the deck I am missing by a touch which takes off a lot a distance. I should have my first round with it on Sunday to see what it is like. This may be more of a 4i replacement than a hybrid replacement. Interesting. 3w (-1.5*) to 2h (+1.5*) to 2u to 5i. I may have done that wrong

Took this club to range for first time in about a month. The course conditions aren't the best to use it now. Once I got my tempo right with this it was a dream. My tendency is to drag the handle all the way through impact and if I do that with this club then it is such an open club face. I concentrated on closing club face on downswing and really was liking what I am seeing. I need a little more work on my swing for this to he a main stay in the bag

If anyone has hit both, how would yall compare the 3u to the forged tec 3 iron, both off the tee and fairway?

I spent some time today with a King Utility in 4u @ 22.5 with a Catalyst 80 6.0. I was pleasantly surprised by the sound/feel, I thought it was positive and had a nice balance of solidity and "speed". Looks great down behind the ball, the satin finish in particular. I had pretty decent results overall given that I sampled most of the face on my first few swings. I am looking forward to hitting this some more.

I have had this club in the bag for the last 6-7 rounds. With the graphite design shaft in it I can't believe how easy it is to hit off the tee. I am seeing a consistent 230 yd shot with the 2u and am loving it. I need a little more work off the deck but I am not scared to take it off the deck. Amazing club.

I have had this club in the bag for the last 6-7 rounds. With the graphite design shaft in it I can't believe how easy it is to hit off the tee. I am seeing a consistent 230 yd shot with the 2u and am loving it. I need a little more work off the deck but I am not scared to take it off the deck. Amazing club.

That is awesome. I don't always play a utility, but I'm a fan of them off the tee for sure.

I played a course today that I fear the right side and my "fade" off the tee scared me. I hit driver ok today but not great. I hit 5/7 FW's with the 2u. I also hit 5/7 greens from those tee shots so it wasn't a disadvantage "laying up."

You fellas still loving this club? I think I’m starting to get an itch around the 4 iron area in my bag.

You fellas still loving this club? I think I’m starting to get an itch around the 4 iron area in my bag.
Yeah I love the club but I think my hybrid is a little more versatile for me right now.

Yeah I love the club but I think my hybrid is a little more versatile for me right now.

I’m monkeying with my set up a little:

D
3W
2H
4UI
5-PW
SW
LW

Kind of a club buffet….the 4UI seems like it’ll fit right in.

Back