COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

If you are a better putter than I the Nova-40 is similar, maybe not quite the forgiveness but gives you toe hang

Teeing off in 5 minutes in charity tourney scramble, my last 2 rounds with it were on just plugged greens full of sand. Not fun. This rolling sweet now.
BC1DCC31-569D-431A-A788-09F0DA4258A8.jpeg

Really glad I went Supernova, wish I’d done it from the start. It’s one of those, if you miss with it from 5 and in, you should quit.

But the grip is still REALLY not good. :LOL:

I’m in love with my new Vintage Stingray 40. It’s so good. I buried a 12’ putt on 18 for a team win today.

I’m in love with my new Vintage Stingray 40. It’s so good. I buried a 12’ putt on 18 for a team win today.
So your initial impressions. You have a weekend with it.

These putter are so good if the goal is to make putts…

So your initial impressions. You have a weekend with it.

It fits me. I needed some toe hang plus the weight is perfect. My stroke is an arc. I’m coming from a straight back mallet putter. I just notice how my strikes are solid and there’s a better roll. I don’t know if that’s the SIK face or more but it’s intoxicating the feel I’m getting.

It fits me. I needed some toe hang plus the weight is perfect. My stroke is an arc. I’m coming from a straight back mallet putter. I just notice how my strikes are solid and there’s a better roll. I don’t know if that’s the SIK face or more but it’s intoxicating the feel I’m getting.
For me yes feeling, but honestly I like how there is almost no noise when striking the ball.

I have the Nova 40 and love it. I think the Cobra putters are vastly underrated. I mean Rickie Fowler pulled out is trusted Scotty Cameron putter and put the Cobra putter into play

I have the Nova 40 and love it. I think the Cobra putters are vastly underrated. I mean Rickie Fowler pulled out is trusted Scotty Cameron putter and put the Cobra putter into play
We have had some pretty fun discussion on that one, a group of THP’ers with two of the main guys at Cobra the week it happened. It’s a fully milled one off, but they played coy about the future….

I wonder how much the licensing/agreement with SIK impacts their ability to put out a milled version

We have had some pretty fun discussion on that one, a group of THP’ers with two of the main guys at Cobra the week it happened. It’s a fully milled one off, but they played coy about the future….

That intrigues me. I’ve been heavily contemplating a SIK Pro-C putter once things settle down after my wedding. But maybe I’ll wait and see if Cobra releases a fully milled version to compare.

Really glad I went Supernova, wish I’d done it from the start. It’s one of those, if you miss with it from 5 and in, you should quit.

But the grip is still REALLY not good. :LOL:
Well damn by that logic I should have quit. 😕

Well damn by that logic I should have quit. 😕
You’re just a blade guy.;)

Well, I am too, but this thing is ignorantly stable.

Rolled the supernova yesterday on the putt putt course I made for my daughters Halloween party. Even on sub-par AstroTurf the roll is just so good

Rolled two 10’ putts after chipping practice today, both were center cup. Went home with a smile, remembering why this is my favorite club in the bag

Last edited:
The more I putt with the Nova 40, the more I like it. But, I'm not a fan of the grip. Still, with a grip I don't care for, I love the roll so much that this putter has put my WHOG 7s and Toulon Palm Beach on the sideline.

The more I putt with the Nova 40, the more I like it. But, I'm not a fan of the grip. Still, with a grip I don't care for, I love the roll so much that this putter has put my WHOG 7s and Toulon Palm Beach on the sideline.
Sounds like it's time to put on a grip you love

Change the grip. I changed mine before I ever took it to the course haha. The grip is terrible.

Funny how you see a video of yourself doing something you didn't realize and makes all the difference. I had reverted back to some old habits after having some time off and made a slight change yesterday after seeing that video. I was back to rolling the Sport 45 MUCH better during yesterdays round.

Change the grip. I changed mine before I ever took it to the course haha. The grip is terrible.
I'm going to. The local DSG has 5 putter grips in stock, 4 huge Super Strokes and a GP Contour straight. I want a midsize pistol tapered grip but I'd like to try it in hand before getting into the buying and returning process.

I wanted to like the grip because of Arccos. I may try the SS Pistol to have a decent adaptor for the sensor.

I'm going to. The local DSG has 5 putter grips in stock, 4 huge Super Strokes and a GP Contour straight. I want a midsize pistol tapered grip but I'd like to try it in hand before getting into the buying and returning process.

I wanted to like the grip because of Arccos. I may try the SS Pistol to have a decent adaptor for the sensor.
That's what I did, landed on the pistol 1.0, a lot because I liked the adaptor as well as the ability to add weight to match the weight of the grips to keep the same balance.

That's what I did, landed on the pistol 1.0, a lot because I liked the adaptor as well as the ability to add weight to match the weight of the grips to keep the same balance.
Weight is definitely a concern and something I don't want to screw up.

Weight is definitely a concern and something I don't want to screw up.
I think the stock weight is 99g (a quick look can confirm, it shows prominently on Cobra's site) from there the SS website you can look at options and figure out what works best for you to get close.

I think the stock weight is 99g (a quick look can confirm, it shows prominently on Cobra's site) from there the SS website you can look at options and figure out what works best for you to get close.
Appreciate it. That's good stuff to know.

Back