First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids

That would be fun. From your on course experience how are they different to you?
Unfortunately I haven't had the 2016 on course for at least 3 years. I'd say I hit the 21 Pro farther (and perhaps consistently higher), but my swing is probably not the same as it was back then and they have different shafts in them (Kuro Kage vs MMT). I love the size/footprint of the 2016 and the 21 Pro, especially compared to the standard 21 and the 19. Probably not helpful really but I'll try my best to answer any other questions you have.

I got to hit the Apex and Apex Pro hybrids this past weekend and actually liked them. I don't really like my TM RBZ 3 hybrid and I've been looking for a replacement. I'm trying a TM SIM2 Max 5 wood, but I'm thinking of using the 90 day playability guarantee and swapping it for an Apex 3 hybrid. I really like the Apex Pro, since it seems to sit a little more open, but the Apex is adjustable. That should allow me to make adjustments as I'm working out some swing flaws.

For those that have the Apex hybrids, are you still liking it? Any regrets or issues with it?

I got to hit the Apex and Apex Pro hybrids this past weekend and actually liked them. I don't really like my TM RBZ 3 hybrid and I've been looking for a replacement. I'm trying a TM SIM2 Max 5 wood, but I'm thinking of using the 90 day playability guarantee and swapping it for an Apex 3 hybrid. I really like the Apex Pro, since it seems to sit a little more open, but the Apex is adjustable. That should allow me to make adjustments as I'm working out some swing flaws.

For those that have the Apex hybrids, are you still liking it? Any regrets or issues with it?

Ok have the Apex 3 and 4 hybrids, and they're both lofted down 1 degree. I do have a tendency to overturn with hybrids, so the slightly more open face helps a little. Overall, I find these hybrids to be quite hot and forgiving.

I purchased a 5H as a lark and it might be the most consistent club in my bag. I did a fitting wanting to see how this fit in, and despite trying a few other options we couldn't find a better option.

Gaps really nicely for me between 5I and 7W.

Ok have the Apex 3 and 4 hybrids, and they're both lofted down 1 degree. I do have a tendency to overturn with hybrids, so the slightly more open face helps a little. Overall, I find these hybrids to be quite hot and forgiving.

I do the same with hybrids, but the Apex was easier for me to adjust and hit straighter. That’s why I’m considering it. The ball definitely just jumps off the face.

I purchased a 5H as a lark and it might be the most consistent club in my bag. I did a fitting wanting to see how this fit in, and despite trying a few other options we couldn't find a better option.

Gaps really nicely for me between 5I and 7W.

I’m looking at a 3 hybrid to fill the spot between my 3 wood and 4 iron. Though, if the launch monitor was remotely close to accurate, I may need to get a newer 3 wood. lol

I’m looking at a 3 hybrid to fill the spot between my 3 wood and 4 iron. Though, if the launch monitor was remotely close to accurate, I may need to get a newer 3 wood. lol

I hear you there also. I'm capable of 215 yards carry with the 3H, and my old 3 wood was giving me maybe 205 yards carry. Thus, a new 3 wood. :D

I got to hit this the other night at the range and it felt really good. The shaft wasn't perfect for me but it's been quite some time since I've had a hybrid in the bag. Looking forward to seeing what ends up in the top of my bag next month!
20211104_175033.jpg

Got a gift card for Christmas and went to Golf Galaxy. Scooped a 26* Pro model with the MMT 70 Regular shaft. I hit it in the bay and loved the feel. Was getting about 4-5 yards on top of my 6 iron and more consistent misses. Going to give this a go for a bit this winter. I have wanted to try a smaller headed 26*ish hybrid for a while. Excited to give it a go.

I’ve had the Apex 21 3 hybrid for a little while now and I’m getting more and more comfortable with it. I have a tendency to turn my hands over too much and hook the ball, but I’ve been able to adjust much better with this club than any other hybrid I’ve hit. It’s easy to launch and get some really good distance out of easy swings. I really need to dedicate a bit more range time to it and I think I could turn it into a real weapon on the course.

After a couple practice holes and a full round I really like a 26* hybrid. So easy to hit. Nice smooth swing and it's smoked. I really like the small profile of the Apex Pro too. Great clubhead shape. Callaway also crushed it with the stock shaft as the MMT. It is a wonderful hybrid shaft.

These are great hybrids. Got a few holes in yesterday a dropped a dart with the 23* on a 165 yard par 3. Also hit a couple of nice balls with the 26*. I love having a 26* hybrid. Thanks for making this in a pro Callaway. Also the sound these make is very addicting. It's a nice muted ting.

Order in for a pro 4 hybrid. I often have an open slot in the bag so I’m planning on playing this along with the 4 iron despite the overlap.

Got out for about 13 or 14 holes the past 2 days. My lower backs a bit balky and I am rusty as all get out, but these hybrids are money. Helped me on several punch outs and also hit a couple nice approaches where they cut through the wind for me really good.

Anyone else playing the Pro's?

Got out yesterday. I really like these Apex Pro hybrids. They are perfect for higher lofted hybrids like a 23* or 26* like I have. They still have a nice amount of spin to hold greens from 170 and 160 where I am using them at. Basically really good long iron replacements, but might not be what you're looking for to replace fairway woods. I am surprised this thread doesn't get more action. Also surprised no Granddaddy folks got these.

I am still gaming the 21 Apex Pro 3h. I've seen nothing that makes me want to get rid of it. I may order a 4h at some point depending on how the XF 4u performs this year and on how the Apex UW experiment goes.

CPO got me again - have 4h coming in with a MMT Reg flex shaft in it that matches my Apex Combo set.
Let's see what I can do with it.
The review on CPO talk about how forgiving this is.

I am still gaming the 21 Apex Pro 3h. I've seen nothing that makes me want to get rid of it. I may order a 4h at some point depending on how the XF 4u performs this year and on how the Apex UW experiment goes.
I cannot get rid of the 2016 3 & 4 pro hydrid. Just keep performing eventually they will break I guess.

I cannot get rid of the 2016 3 & 4 pro hydrid. Just keep performing eventually they will break I guess.
They are great. I still have mine and have been tempted to get them back out, at least on the range to see how they perform.

This has entered the equation around 23 degrees or so. I’ve gotta do some testing this weekend.

Waiting for my first ever hybrid... CPO for a 3h with 30% off. Swapped a 4w as trade in and it's costing me a fiver...

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

I canceled my original order because of the months long wait. Pondering one of these again and wondering if a 4h would gap well between 5 iron and 21° UW or would be too close to the UW

I canceled my original order because of the months long wait. Pondering one of these again and wondering if a 4h would gap well between 5 iron and 21° UW or would be too close to the UW

The non-pros are loft adjustable.....

A

The non-pros are loft adjustable.....

A

I saw that, however the 4h is 2 degrees stronger than it is in the pro so the most I could turn that up to is where the pro is.

IMG_2729.jpeg

Late to the party but excited about this one. @Alez367 is the man and hooked me up.

After playing with the 4h for several rounds I am a little surprised these didn’t get more attention. It’s pretty good.

Back