Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

That's beyond creative. I've always just rested mine on the scorecard keeper, or on the cupholder. It stays there long enough for my to hit my shot, then back in my hand it goes!

The guy who made it is pretty impressive with the 3D printer and really enjoys seeing what he can build. He has a background in CAD and that seems to be a benefit as well. I give him random nonsense to see if he can make it and he always comes through. One day I'll stump him.

I usually clip mine to my back pocket and I've had it fall off a couple times, not during a swing though. This should secure it a bit.

A friend made a new clip for my M7 remote on a 3D Printer. It's tighter fitting for better retention.
View attachment 9043034View attachment 9043033
View attachment 9043052

That's terrific. I have the MGI remote and similarly, it doesn't clip snugly....not sure why they'd make it that way. Mine fell off a couple of times the first time I tried to use it.

My workaround was to attach the excellent belt clip that Garmin designed for my dog's hunting GPS to my remote. It's essential that my hunting GPS remote attaches with 100% assuredness because I could lose an $800.00 remote in the middle of the woods. I posted this back a spell and I've used this clip system for my golf cart since with zero drop offs. The remote drops into the slot and locks solidly.....one press of the thumb as you reach down for it and it releases into your hand. The belt clip mechanism stays on your belt. I just made the set up for my buddy who bought a cart this month and he's thrilled with it. Here's the post.....I've since attached the Garmin clip with a pair of pop rivets. I'm sure that it would fit the Motocaddy remote as well. The post includes a link from Garmin where you can purchase the rig. I just ordered two extras because it's that important to have my units solidly locked and I've misplaced the holder before. If you don't have a buddy with a 3D printer like Fathead, you might consider it.

Well as promised, here are the pics of the clip system I'm piloting. I only got to use my Zip once and I didn't have the clip then. That's when I put it in my pocket and sent it toward the cliff. I use this system with my GPS unit while hunting with my setter. The belt clip is off the rear left hip where it isn't in the way of anything. You just snap the unit into the holder and it secures with a spring loaded catch. You reach down in one motion depressing the thumb release and lifting the unit into your hand. Quick, simple and secure. We'll have to see how it goes in practice but it seems like turning the lock off and on would be distracting. Hanging off the belt, there's no chance of accidentally hitting a button.

2VEN27Y.jpg

MW78alN.jpg

The Garmin clip fits snugly into the groove of the MGI clip and secures with a wrap of tape. (since improved with pop rivets) If anyone's interested in trying it, here's what you'll need:

That's terrific. I have the MGI remote and similarly, it doesn't clip snugly....not sure why they'd make it that way. Mine fell off a couple of times the first time I tried to use it.

My workaround was to attach the excellent belt clip that Garmin designed for my dog's hunting GPS to my remote. It's essential that my hunting GPS remote attaches with 100% assuredness because I could lose an $800.00 remote in the middle of the woods. I posted this back a spell and I've used this clip system for my golf cart since with zero drop offs. The remote drops into the slot and locks solidly.....one press of the thumb as you reach down for it and it releases into your hand. The belt clip mechanism stays on your belt. I just made the set up for my buddy who bought a cart this month and he's thrilled with it. Here's the post.....I've since attached the Garmin clip with a pair of pop rivets. I'm sure that it would fit the Motocaddy remote as well. The post includes a link from Garmin where you can purchase the rig. I just ordered two extras because it's that important to have my units solidly locked and I've misplaced the holder before. If you don't have a buddy with a 3D printer like Fathead, you might consider it.
Great solution!

How do you navigate curbs? Cant find anything in the manual, but it seems like it could easily bottom out.

How do you navigate curbs? Cant find anything in the manual, but it seems like it could easily bottom out.

Not sure why you'd have to go over a curb. I haven't encountered such a situation.

Not sure why you'd have to go over a curb. I haven't encountered such a situation.
My course has many spots where the cart path is the best choice, and there are often curbs guarding the edges. With my pushcart I just pop over them. I could drive around them, I guess. Will require some rethinking of usual route, and it would be nice to know the best way to get over them in a pinch.

Usually the edging from grass to concrete, or if you’re trying to take a shortcut of sorts. You could remove the wheelie wheel, though I do not recommend that since that keeps it from tipping too far backwards on some inclines. What I personally do is take those curves at an angle and manually do it at a speed of two or three at most.

I usually navigate them in manual mode and assist with the handle at a slow pace. I rarely encounter those situations though. It's usually easier to just drive it around obstacles.

Oh.. Didn't think about curbs. My home course crosses neighborhood roads a few times. There are tunnels but they tend to fill up with water a bit when it rains. 🤔

Do any of the testers or M7 owners play in early morning due or in rain and had any issues with operation of unit regarding moisture? I play 75% of my rounds at the crack of dawn when there is heavy dew and also lots of wet grass clippings. As well I do occasionally play in the rain or get caught in the heavy rain. I just want to know if the unit is waterproof or sealed against those type of conditions.

I have owned two of the competitors’ remote controlled carts over the past 10 years and have never had an issue with waterproofing but wanted to get some insight from others that own the M7.

Appreciate feedback…..thanks.

Do any of the testers or M7 owners play in early morning due or in rain and had any issues with operation of unit regarding moisture? I play 75% of my rounds at the crack of dawn when there is heavy dew and also lots of wet grass clippings. As well I do occasionally play in the rain or get caught in the heavy rain. I just want to know if the unit is waterproof or sealed against those type of conditions.

I have owned two of the competitors’ remote controlled carts over the past 10 years and have never had an issue with waterproofing but wanted to get some insight from others that own the M7.

I've played in some pretty wet conditions, light rain, dew, cart path only because of earlier rain. Only issue I have is going up and down slopes when the grass is wet. The wheels tend to slip on the more extreme slopes, and you can lose control. Wheels will lock up when you hit stop and depending on the slope, the whole cart can skid and slide. In those conditions, I tend to walk the cart up and down those slopes using the handle. Other than that no issues.

The manual does recommend using and umbrella with the holder when playing in rainy conditions.

I've had the same experiences as @captaincaution
Played in wet conditions and got caught in rain without an umbrella and haven't had any issues with it hurting the M7, but now keep an umbrella in my bag to cover just in case. I've had a few minor traction issues in the wet but nothing unexpected. So far I would say it's been flawless except when I give it bad directions.:oops:

In morning dew, no. Not real issues as far as battery worries. I haven't played in the rain with it, and I'm pretty sure the instructions in the box feel you shouldn't just the same.

Unrelated: I have noticed that every once in a while, my Motocaddy will be moving along, enjoying itself as it should, and then it'll just stop like I hit the stop button, when my hands were nowhere near the button and the cart was only a handful of yards in front of me. I re-paired it, but I'm wondering if that's something that happens when the remote battery gets low? @Motocaddy did I break it? I did, didn't I :(

I have the MGI ZIP Navigator AT and always play early morning rounds. No issues with playing in the rain or wet conditions. The newer iterations keep the electronics protected more than the older versions. Getting them cleaned up after playing in mud, wet conditions is a challenge. Although not recommended, I do carefully hose down mine to try and keep it clean.

In morning dew, no. Not real issues as far as battery worries. I haven't played in the rain with it, and I'm pretty sure the instructions in the box feel you shouldn't just the same.

Unrelated: I have noticed that every once in a while, my Motocaddy will be moving along, enjoying itself as it should, and then it'll just stop like I hit the stop button, when my hands were nowhere near the button and the cart was only a handful of yards in front of me. I re-paired it, but I'm wondering if that's something that happens when the remote battery gets low? @Motocaddy did I break it? I did, didn't I :(
Mine does the same thing. I believe the manual says it will stop if it hasn't made contact with the remote for 20 seconds(?) as a failsafe. I have just assumed that is the cause. If not, looks like I broke mine too. :sneaky:

Mine does the same thing. I believe the manual says it will stop if it hasn't made contact with the remote for 20 seconds(?) as a failsafe. I have just assumed that is the cause. If not, looks like I broke mine too. :sneaky:

My course has a lot of sidehills and curves on it, so I'm making a lot of adjustments in the steering so it doesn't decide to just go veering off to the left if my ball is up the right. I don't feel it's 20 seconds of nada, that's for sure!

Back