How's the blend to the UW?
Caught in the picture is the Apex hybrid. The HMP 5i and that one blend well. I try to calculate all my clubs based on carry distance so it's been a good blend for me.

JPX 921 HMP 7iron

Attachments

• EBEF133F-8441-487D-9FAA-3937D17A2287.jpeg
    EBEF133F-8441-487D-9FAA-3937D17A2287.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 25
I'm starting to round into form with my set. I had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday with my ball striking and it immediately improved my contact with the long irons. I hit a 5i into a longer par three as flush as I could and hit the green from about 193yds or so. It left me a longer putt, but hitting the green from that distance for me has been far and few between.

The 8-GW continue to shine. I am not sure what it is, but I click with these irons. I had about 128 for a third shot into a par 5 and put it inside of 5 ft. When struck well, I don't feel the ball leave the face.

Overall I am really happy and confident with this set in the bag.

I have some big thoughts on JPX 921 Forged, but going to need a couple posts to ponder and unpack them while we discuss.

First thing I have to feature is the sound. Consistently a spectacular sound when solid contact is made. It's incredible.

The shape isn't exactly hyper compact, but I guess I'll never be that kind of person who can't look down at a bit of help, because I really don't see/feel/mental the difference between switching from my 50 degree bladed wedge and my Forged PW.

The benefit though? I think I've seen it a few times already. Higher up on the face isn't a place to celebrate (like with most irons), but man.. Lower on the head, a touch in the heel, or a touch on the toe? Friendship.

The shape isn't exactly hyper compact, but I guess I'll never be that kind of person who can't look down at a bit of help, because I really don't see/feel/mental the difference between switching from my 50 degree bladed wedge and my Forged PW.

The benefit though? I think I've seen it a few times already. Higher up on the face isn't a place to celebrate (like with most irons), but man.. Lower on the head, a touch in the heel, or a touch on the toe? Friendship.

whatever magic they put into these is working for me. Like you said, the footprint isn’t intimidating and when you catch one you don’t feel the ball leaving the face.

I swapped out the $ Taper shafts for my incredible custom Recoil Proto 110 F5 shafts last week, and it's been a positive switch considering the previous setup was playing around C6 and these are definitely presenting heavier.

I can get as aggressive as I want with these shafts and they hold well. I got some feedback this weekend that I was hitting the ball very high, which is interesting because I didn't hear that with the $ Tapers in there.

whatever magic they put into these is working for me. Like you said, the footprint isn’t intimidating and when you catch one you don’t feel the ball leaving the face.
It's killer. Possibly one of the best sounding irons they have ever produced outside of their MP lineup?

It's killer. Possibly one of the best sounding irons they have ever produced outside of their MP lineup?
This is my time first long term with a Mizuno iron and it’s incredible. I can speak for previous versions, but on this line alone and the HMP’s in the long irons, I’m sold.

I wish I had taken a picture of the bare lie I was stuck with on Sunday. The 921F GW handled it with ease.

My buddy and I were playing yesterday, he's a full bag Titleist guy with AP's loaded with Project X shafts. He plays to a 2 handicap. He hit a ton of shots with my 921F's yesterday and he couldn't believe how good they look, feel, fly hold and sound. The sound was amazing since I was only 10 ft away. Needless to say he's going to put his AP's up for sale and get fitted for some Mizuno 921F's with whichever shaft suits his swing.

He was truly blown away at how nice they are and that's after hitting about 20 ProV1 (new) balls.

Oh, he won our match and I had to buy him supper which I attributed to him hitting better shots into the green with my 921F's. Sometimes I can do some dumb stuff.

Last edited:
I wish I had taken a picture of the bare lie I was stuck with on Sunday. The 921F GW handled it with ease.
I look forward to the day I can say that about my GW. Least favourite club in the bag of 2021.

Following this thread carefully as an owner of JPX 900 forged. I'll go back and review the entire thread but wondering if most folks were already playing Mizunos or if there are a number of converts to the 921s? I want to try the 921s and curious if anyone can compare with some of the older models.

Following this thread carefully as an owner of JPX 900 forged. I'll go back and review the entire thread but wondering if most folks were already playing Mizunos or if there are a number of converts to the 921s? I want to try the 921s and curious if anyone can compare with some of the older models.
Sorry pal. I can only compare to the TaylorMade and AP's from Titleist.

Unfortunately I’m a convert as well.

I look forward to the day I can say that about my GW. Least favourite club in the bag of 2021.
Is it the 921F GW? It was my least favorite of the set during my handful of rounds in the spring. Not sure what happened with my swing but putting them in the bag this past weekend it was one of my favorites 🤷‍♂️

It could be I’m covering the ball a little more, getting less flippy with it. That’s what I worked on with my lessons this summer

Is it the 921F GW? It was my least favorite of the set during my handful of rounds in the spring. Not sure what happened with my swing but putting them in the bag this past weekend it was one of my favorites 🤷‍♂️

It could be I’m covering the ball a little more, getting less flippy with it. That’s what I worked on with my lessons this summer
Yep - 921F GW. I can't seem to not scoop it and send it nowhere. I'd like my 50 to be a 100-110y club, but if I get 80-90 I am lucky out of it.

Yep - 921F GW. I can't seem to not scoop it and send it nowhere. I'd like my 50 to be a 100-110y club, but if I get 80-90 I am lucky out of it.
Just curious, have you had loft and lie checked?

Just curious, have you had loft and lie checked?
:ROFLMAO:
No I have not - unless the shop did a quality check before I picked them up to confirm the 2 up they should be (per a lie board :LOL:)

:ROFLMAO:
No I have not - unless the shop did a quality check before I picked them up to confirm the 2 up they should be (per a lie board :LOL:)
The other thought that comes to mind, Is that if the yardage is consistent and create a gapping problem with the pitching wedge you could always have it bent.

that’s all I got unless we get into the archer side of the equation, And I am by no means qualified to give much help there

The other thought that comes to mind, Is that if the yardage is consistent and create a gapping problem with the pitching wedge you could always have it bent.

that’s all I got unless we get into the archer side of the equation, And I am by no means qualified to give much help there
I am mostly confident this is the archer side of the equation that is causing the issues. It's on my list of things to address with the coach next season for sure (along with the rest of my game).

For those of you considering 921Fs - I'd say my takeaway here would be, if you are happy with an aftermarket wedge set up, stick with that. The rest of the set is nothing short of rad.

I am mostly confident this is the archer side of the equation that is causing the issues. It's on my list of things to address with the coach next season for sure (along with the rest of my game).

For those of you considering 921Fs - I'd say my takeaway here would be, if you are happy with an aftermarket wedge set up, stick with that. The rest of the set is nothing short of rad.

That's too bad I really really like the the turf interaction with my GW and PW I feel like I can get in and out of the turf very easily. I agree with the others to get the loft/lie checked to see if maybe you're hitting it too close to the hosel

One of the first things I noticed about the 921F's was the turf interaction. The way they get through the turf allows me go after a shot and not worry about deflection or grading the fairway. It sure is easier on my wrists and arms too. The ball shaping is very predictable with this interaction.

Back