2021-2022 College Football Thread

Don’t remember the last time Bama played that poorly. The mass early departures to the NFL last year depleted our leadership base. That’s been painfully evident all year. Still lots of talent but not many Bama-type leaders on the field. Highly frustrating to watch.

they played very poorly against ta&m as well

Dan Mullen is sooooo fired…favored by 20, Florida is losing to South Carolina by 20 just before halftime. lol
Mullen survives for now, but his DC & OL coach are gone.

they played very poorly against ta&m as well
Yeah, but not THAT poorly. :D It's rare to see so many mental mistakes being repeated by a Bama team nine games into the season.

Saban has earned his money with this group of players, starting in the spring. The player leadership departures, along with the loss of some key assistant coaches, created major challenges from the get-go.

It's a tall task to keep the intensity at championship levels year after year, game after game, especially when you're everyone else's target game week after week. But, somehow, he has found the right formula most years to match whatever chemistry a particular team had (or didn't have). And those players responded with hard work that led to continuous improvement throughout the season.

He's still pushing the buttons 24/7 with this bunch.

So OSU has a schedule that should write them in the Top 4, assuming wins at each one and a loss means enjoy another bowl.

Purdue - killer of dreams it seems as they took down some great teams including Iowa and Michigan State. They ruined OSU run a number of years ago.

Michigan State - two top 10 teams with Bowl Aspirations

Michigan - Heated rivalry against a top 10 team...

Big Ten Championship -

CFP is in their hands - Win and you are in

1636406107442.png

Yeah, but not THAT poorly. :D It's rare to see so many mental mistakes being repeated by a Bama team nine games into the season.

Saban has earned his money with this group of players, starting in the spring. The player leadership departures, along with the loss of some key assistant coaches, created major challenges from the get-go.

It's a tall task to keep the intensity at championship levels year after year, game after game, especially when you're everyone else's target game week after week. But, somehow, he has found the right formula most years to match whatever chemistry a particular team had (or didn't have). And those players responded with hard work that led to continuous improvement throughout the season.

He's still pushing the buttons 24/7 with this bunch.
Agree with this. I just hope BAMA can get past Auburn and face UGA in the SEC championship. I do believe Bama can beat Georgia but at some point Kirby has to get over the hump and beat Saban

Agree with this. I just hope BAMA can get past Auburn and face UGA in the SEC championship. I do believe Bama can beat Georgia but at some point Kirby has to get over the hump and beat Saban
Kirby certainly has the cards stacked in his favor this year. If he can't do it this year, well ....

So BIG10 comes out and says U of M got screwed by refs LOL whoops

CFP rankings come out tonight! I assume everyone will be totally content where the teams are. :ROFLMAO:

So BIG10 comes out and says U of M got screwed by refs LOL whoops

LOL... I went undergrad @U of Minnesota and grad @OSU so my loyalty is divided.

The CFB ranking. I would love to see the Bearcats drop out of the top 10 so that they can whine about being disrespected, again. LOL...

Interesting cfp rankings. If oklahoma wins out and Cincinnati wins out I can see Oklahoma overtaking them, schedule. One of these Michigan schools has to beat Ohio St this year. If Bama wins out including SEC championship then 2 sec schools. Cincinnati is getting another NY6 bowl at the very least. Big money for them and conference. Cincinnati still needs help, at least 2 loses. They need an Oregon and Oklahoma loss to get in. No way the committee puts in 2 SEC and 2 BIG10.

Interesting cfp rankings. If oklahoma wins out and Cincinnati wins out I can see Oklahoma overtaking them, schedule. One of these Michigan schools has to beat Ohio St this year. If Bama wins out including SEC championship then 2 sec schools. Cincinnati is getting another NY6 bowl at the very least. Big money for them and conference. Cincinnati still needs help, at least 2 loses. They need an Oregon and Oklahoma loss to get in. No way the committee puts in 2 SEC and 2 BIG10.

- If Georgia is 12-0 and loses in the SEC championship, it will be in. There will be a riot if the 'dogs are left out,

- If Alabama wins out, including the SEC championship, it will be in. That is a big IF because it has to play Auburn @Jordan Hare Stadium. Alabama is 1-3 there in the last four meetings. Not a sure thing for Alabama.

- If the Aggies wins out and Alabama loses, Aggies will make it to the SEC championship and should it beat Georgia, it will be the first team with 2 losses to be in the CFB playoff. Auburn tried that in 2017 but got stopped by the 'Dogs,

- Whoever wins the Big Ten championship will be in the CFB playoff. I am hoping it will be my beloved OSU,

- Oregon, if it wins out, I think will be in the CFB playoff, because of the massive TV market on the West Coast. I think OU will be left out of the CFB playoff. The head to head between Oregon and OSU will override the Big VII,

I think I've heard the committee mention multiple times that P5 conference championship matters, and that's where the Bearcats fall short.

Really want to see a two loss B1G champ not get in.

The committee last night admitted they had conversations about ranking Michigan over Michigan state after losing to them THAT week on the grounds of them being a “more complete team”. WHY ARE WE EVEN PLAYING THE GAMES

The CFP is a joke. Extending to 8 teams allows for a group of 5 team at least so it takes some of the lunacy out of the current selection process. However there needs to be changes to the selection criteria.

- If Georgia is 12-0 and loses in the SEC championship, it will be in. There will be a riot if the 'dogs are left out,

- If Alabama wins out, including the SEC championship, it will be in. That is a big IF because it has to play Auburn @Jordan Hare Stadium. Alabama is 1-3 there in the last four meetings. Not a sure thing for Alabama.

- If the Aggies wins out and Alabama loses, Aggies will make it to the SEC championship and should it beat Georgia, it will be the first team with 2 losses to be in the CFB playoff. Auburn tried that in 2017 but got stopped by the 'Dogs,

- Whoever wins the Big Ten championship will be in the CFB playoff. I am hoping it will be my beloved OSU,

- Oregon, if it wins out, I think will be in the CFB playoff, because of the massive TV market on the West Coast. I think OU will be left out of the CFB playoff. The head to head between Oregon and OSU will override the Big VII,

I think I've heard the committee mention multiple times that P5 conference championship matters, and that's where the Bearcats fall short.

They haven’t even played the conference championship yet so if they are basing it off that then they are projecting and these rankings are even more of a sham.

If the bearcats were in the top 4 then lost out after a conference champ was crowned then that would be easier to swallow. Instead they are ranked outside of the top 4 and have almost no chance of making the playoff with the big 12 champ looming.

The committee last night admitted they had conversations about ranking Michigan over Michigan state after losing to them THAT week on the grounds of them being a “more complete team”. WHY ARE WE EVEN PLAYING THE GAMES

The CFP is a joke. Extending to 8 teams allows for a group of 5 team at least so it takes some of the lunacy out of the current selection process. However there needs to be changes to the selection criteria.
This, How in the heck do you rank a team ahead of one that they lost too??

All speculation at this point, if Oklahoma wins out they are in for sure.
The big ten could be an issue because Wisconsin is coming on strong and could upset the whole Big Ten if they sneak in to championship game and pull off an upset. (they have to win out to get there though)
They only way Cinn gets in is if these other teams loose, that is there only hope and they have to go undefeated.

What we know

SEC - guaranteed at least 1 spot and the best chance for a conference to get 2 spots.
BIG 10 - If a team comes out from the East with 1 win and wins championship they are in.
ACC - 100% out
Pac 12 - Only Oregon can make it and has to win out.
Big XII - If Oklahoma wins out against Baylor, ISU, and OSU then wins championship against one of those 3 again it is in.

Others - ND can't make a claim until Cincy loses. Cincy has to win out and being at #5 is good right now. One blip on Alabama and SEC only gets 1 team in. If there is a 2 loss Big 10 and 2 loss Alabama then Big 10 is in.

What we have to root for is for Ohio St to lose 1 game and still be in Big 10 championship game and win. Alabama to lose and have SEC West team beat Georgia in SEC championship. Cincy to win out. Oklahoma lose a close one then avenge loss in Big XII championship game big. Oregon has to win out. If we get that then the committee has a job to do.

What we know

SEC - guaranteed at least 1 spot and the best chance for a conference to get 2 spots.
BIG 10 - If a team comes out from the East with 1 win and wins championship they are in.
ACC - 100% out
Big XII - If Oklahoma wins out against Baylor, ISU, and OSU then wins championship against one of those 3 again it is in.

Others - ND can't make a claim until Cincy loses. Cincy has to win out and being at #5 is good right now. One blip on Alabama and SEC only gets 1 team in. If there is a 2 loss Big 10 and 2 loss Alabama then Big 10 is in.

What we have to root for is for Ohio St to lose 1 game and still be in Big 10 championship game and win. Alabama to lose and have SEC West team beat Georgia in SEC championship. Cincy to win out. Oklahoma lose a close one then avenge loss in Big XII championship game big. Oregon has to win out. If we get that then the committee has a job to do.

- If Auburn represents the SEC west and beat Georgia, it will NOT make it to the CFB playoff with three losses. The SEC will end up with just Georgia. If 'Bama loses and Aggies wins out, beat Georgia in the SEC title game, the SEC will have two teams in CFB,

- B1G will have just one team, hopefully it will be my OSU (y)

- OU or OKST will make it if it wins out, including the conference championship. It is hard to beat the same team twice,

- Oregon will make it if it wins out,

The Bearcats need complete chaos to make the CFP. Even then, it might not be a sure thing because the committee might put WakeForest in the CFP with one loss over the Bearcats. They'll take a P5 school (not to mention the alma mater of Arnold Palmer) over a Group of Five school.

What we know

ACC - 100% out

As you laid out, so much has to happen for Cincinnati to get in and that’s the issue with me. I argue #5 might might as well be #7 because Michigan and Michigan state still control their own destiny. If Michigan wins this week they will likely leapfrog Cincinnati.

I personally think they would put a 2 loss Alabama in over an undefeated Cincy team and that’s not right in my book.

- If Auburn represents the SEC west and beat Georgia, it will NOT make it to the CFB playoff with three losses. The SEC will end up with just Georgia. If 'Bama loses and Aggies wins out, beat Georgia in the SEC title game, the SEC will have two teams in CFB,

- B1G will have just one team, hopefully it will be my OSU (y)

- OU or OKST will make it if it wins out, including the conference championship. It is hard to beat the same team twice,

- Oregon will make it if it wins out,

The Bearcats need complete chaos to make the CFP. Even then, it might not be a sure thing because the committee might put WakeForest in the CFP with one loss over the Bearcats. They'll take a P5 school (not to mention the alma mater of Arnold Palmer) over a Group of Five school.
I wouldn't say chaos. If Oregon losses then that opens a spot for the #5 school. If Oklahoma losses that makes it clearer. Okie St is not getting in even if it wins out. If the Big 10 champ has 2 losses they won't get in over an undefeated Cincy. Hell If Alabama loses that opens a spot. Not chaos. If Cincy was in the #9 spot they would need chaos.

I have gone to like 8 Fiesta Bowls and 2 National Championship games. I want great match ups. Cincy doesn't excite me but if they earn their slot then let them in. I would love to see another Boise St/Oklahoma type game. I had tickets for Oklahoma/UConn. That is the only time I ate tickets and that was because I had tickets to the National title game the next week. Even blue bloods can throw out stinkers. I was in stands for Clemson/OSU when it was 31-0. You are not getting a guaranteed good game with playoff tickets.

As you laid out, so much has to happen for Cincinnati to get in and that’s the issue with me. I argue #5 might might as well be #7 because Michigan and Michigan state still control their own destiny. If Michigan wins this week they will likely leapfrog Cincinnati.

I personally think they would put a 2 loss Alabama in over an undefeated Cincy team and that’s not right in my book.

Cincy can change the narrative by joining the P5. Until then, it is just sour grapes.

didn't someone point out on here that by the end of the year cinci will have one of the worst strength of schedules of any team in division 1? not sure how that team gets in and i am a guy that wants odd teams, like cinci, to be given a shot....but you have to play someone don't you?

Cincy can change the narrative by joining the P5. Until then, it is just sour grapes.
Dude, dead horse. They are joining Big 12. They picked a great year to be undefeated as the P5 conferences don't have a solid 4 teams. When UCF wasn't let in after their 2nd undefeated season there were 3 undefeated teams and a 12-1 Oklahoma. There was no room.

As a G5 school to get in you need to be undefeated, multiple good years in a row, and timing of P5 chaos. This is the best chance so far for G5 school. Sucks that they have all thes unwritten rules but they are doing what they can do.

So although I’m very confident that the playoff will be either expanded or restructured before the conference realignment begins, let’s hypothetically say it stays the same. Answer me this,

when cincy is in the Big12 in 2025 once Oklahoma and Texas are in the SEC, and Cincinnati is either an undefeated conference champ or one loss conference champ, do you still think they would get in?

Or is it all that hassle and still sour grapes? Because there will be multiple SEC teams considered at that point, and the Big Ten and ACC will still have powerhouses.

I’m not looking to make this personal, but there is also an entire thread dedicated to it up so this is common knowledge, but it does seem ironic that you are so against Cincinnati in this situation when your nephew was literally victim to the same political bs that happens in the playoff.

Your nephew put out the results when it mattered, during the tryout. However due to “other factors” or offseason tournaments he was snubbed. And you thought that was BS.

Is a New Years 6 bowl the equivalent of a track man? I personally think not

I completely understand strength of schedule is a thing, but ND is a great win regardless of what you think, IU wasn’t supposed to be garbage, and UCF is a good team too. They also have a fringe Top 25 team in SMU coming up.

This isn’t the MAC or Sun Belt it’s one of the best non power 5 conferences if not the best group of 5 conference.

There shouldn’t be a possibility of 5-7 one loss teams jumping an undefeated conference champ team especially one with a Top 10 win. The actual wins and losses should matter.

Back