2021-2022 College Football Thread

didn't someone point out on here that by the end of the year cinci will have one of the worst strength of schedules of any team in division 1? not sure how that team gets in and i am a guy that wants odd teams, like cinci, to be given a shot....but you have to play someone don't you?

they beat the number #9 team in the college football ranking. Beat a good UCF team with a couple of tough losses but solid wins. Play SMU in two weeks who was just #23 before falling out. It’s not like they are playing FCS teams.

they beat the number #9 team in the college football ranking. Beat a good UCF team with a couple of tough losses but solid wins. Play SMU in two weeks who was just #23 before falling out. It’s not like they are playing FCS teams.
i am only going by he strength of schedule that is posted. but i hear ya

So although I’m very confident that the playoff will be either expanded or restructured before the conference realignment begins, let’s hypothetically say it stays the same. Answer me this,

when cincy is in the Big12 in 2025 once Oklahoma and Texas are in the SEC, and Cincinnati is either an undefeated conference champ or one loss conference champ, do you still think they would get in?

Or is it all that hassle and still sour grapes? Because there will be multiple SEC teams considered at that point, and the Big Ten and ACC will still have powerhouses.

I’m not looking to make this personal, but there is also an entire thread dedicated to it up so this is common knowledge, but it does seem ironic that you are so against Cincinnati in this situation when your nephew was literally victim to the same political bs that happens in the playoff.

Your nephew put out the results when it mattered, during the tryout. However due to “other factors” or offseason tournaments he was snubbed. And you thought that was BS.

Is a New Years 6 bowl the equivalent of a track man? I personally think not

I completely understand strength of schedule is a thing, but ND is a great win regardless of what you think, IU wasn’t supposed to be garbage, and UCF is a good team too. They also have a fringe Top 25 team in SMU coming up.

This isn’t the MAC or Sun Belt it’s one of the best non power 5 conferences if not the best group of 5 conference.

There shouldn’t be a possibility of 5-7 one loss teams jumping an undefeated conference champ team especially one with a Top 10 win. The actual wins and losses should matter.

The Bearcats will join the Big 12 in 2025, they are still in the AAC TODAY. When they become members, Texas and OU will not be, P5 will become P4, LOL...

Bearcats have one of the worst SOS out there, I am glad the committee recognizes that.

Btw, I had a talk with my daughter last night. A few years ago, she got accepted into both University of Virginia (UVA) and James Madison University (JMU). I asked her why she picked UVA over JMU and her response was: JMU is much inferior to UVA, why would I want to go to JMU when I am accepted into UVA?

UVA is the equivalent of the SEC/B1G,PAC-12/ACC while JMU is the Bearcats.

The problem with your argument is that my nephew played against equal competition while the Bearcats are not. Your argument is not a valid one. The Bearcats would be the equivalent of Vanderbuilt if it plays in the SEC or Nebraska if it plays in the B1G.

Isn't that the same ND team that got embarrassed by Alabama in the 2013 BCS, Clemson in 2018 CFP and Alabama in 2020 CFP? Talking about overrated.

The Bearcats will join the Big 12 in 2025, they are still in the AAC TODAY. When they become members, Texas and OU will not be, P5 will become P4, LOL...

Bearcats have one of the worst SOS out there, I am glad the committee recognizes that.

Btw, I had a talk with my daughter last night. A few years ago, she got accepted into both University of Virginia (UVA) and James Madison University (JMU). I asked her why she picked UVA over JMU and her response was: JMU is much inferior to UVA, why would I want to go to JMU when I am accepted into UVA?

The problem with your argument is that my nephew played against equal competition while the Bearcats are not. Your argument is not a valid one. The Bearcats would be the equivalent of Vanderbuilt if it plays in the SEC or Nebraska if it plays in the B1G.
Vanderbilt and Nebraska would get rolled by Notre Dame.

lol, you are funny I will give you that 😆

They are not the same as Vandy or Nebraska, that’s pretty big hyperbole but I won’t argue about it with you we clearly just see differently on it.

Good chatting with ya

Isn't that the same ND team that got embarrassed by Alabama in the 2013 BCS, Clemson in 2018 CFP and Alabama in 2020 CFP? Talking about overrated.

Not allowed to consider past years.

Lol round and round we go.

Really? ND barely beat an awful Florida State, LOL....
If we’re cherry picking games in early September, Georgia barely squeaked out a 10-3 win against Clemson :LOL:

All speculation at this point, if Oklahoma wins out they are in for sure.
The big ten could be an issue because Wisconsin is coming on strong and could upset the whole Big Ten if they sneak in to championship game and pull off an upset. (they have to win out to get there though)
They only way Cinn gets in is if these other teams loose, that is there only hope and they have to go undefeated.
But if Oklahoma wins out they wont have a quality loss... That seems to be a big factor with the Committee.

Some horrendously bad analogies in this thread. 🤣

These are all good points, but if these teams don't start having some defining wins and make their case, UCF will likely just claim this year's national championship, too.

These are all good points, but if these teams don't start having some defining wins and make their case, UCF will likely just claim this year's national championship, too.
You leave Scott Frost alone, he’s in a better place now…

^^^^ I agree! Nebraska is not that bad! They didn't get blown out by TOSU, and lost other games against top competitions by very few points! They are not that far away! On the radio today, I heard a colllege football analyst talk about 3 year rebuilds and 6 year rebuilds. It depends upon who and where you are. He put Nebraska in the 6 year rebuild category. They've gotten steadily better under Frost, but Nebraska can't recruit in Texas anymore because they are not in the Big 12! So, he has to go elsewhere! That can be tough.

But, he pushed TOSU to the brink!

I think the 14 teams playoff is about right, with power conferences like the SEC will have team in the first round bye along with a home game in the final 8. Imagine the Bearcats play the Crimson tide at Alabama or Bull Dogs in Athens, that will create LOT of revenue for the SEC in both attendances and TV revenue, also get to see the Crimson Tide or Bull Dogs embarrassing the Bearcats. The score will be like 69-14 in favor of the Crimson Tide or Bull Dogs, LOL...

Meh. I think my Sooners drop this one then win out.

Wouldn’t be a shocker imo.

1636739355788.png

to be fair we had a mediocre team that played over their heads all year with a quarterback who couldn't throw it 20 yards.

and were still one amazing chase down tackle (literally requiring probably the fastest player in college football) from the playoff.

if only we had better practice facilities :(

to be fair we had a mediocre team that played over their heads all year with a quarterback who couldn't throw it 20 yards.

and were still one amazing chase down tackle (literally requiring probably the fastest player in college football) from the playoff.

if only we had better practice facilities :(
Like a revenge practice facility? :LOL::deadhorse:

It's going to be a tough go for my Rebels against TAMU. Their front 7 is as good as we'll face all year and our OL can get really shaky at times. Our DL is onion skin thin. @H8tobogie may be celebrating by halftime.

It's going to be a tough go for my Rebels against TAMU. Their front 7 is as good as we'll face all year and our OL can get really shaky at times. Our DL is onion skin thin. @H8tobogie may be celebrating by halftime.
You guys make me nervous. This game will revolve around if we have a decent QB show up and if we can handle your passing attack. Interesting matchup though!

Back