Winterizing Golf: Keeping Your Hands Warm

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
November is here and in many parts of the country that means playing through some pretty cold weather. There are a number of ways to combat that, including layers of apparel, cart heaters and of course the proper headwear.

One area that is often overlooked is keeping the hands warm and while disposable options exist, today we are going to focus on something that every cold weather golfer should be looking into. The Bag Boy Electronic Hand Warmer. At less than the cost of a dozen premium golf balls, this gadget works as advertised.

Continue reading...

I picked one of these up last season and it’s amazing how warm one of these will get. One of the better purchases I have made for a golf accessory.

I have always used the Hand warmer packets.....I will have to pick one of these up for sure to try. I will play in any weather as long as its not snow or ice on the ground

I have always used the Hand warmer packets.....I will have to pick one of these up for sure to try. I will play in any weather as long as its not snow or ice on the ground

This will keep your hands far warmer than what the packets will. It’s pretty amazing how much heat these will produce.

I like it!

A great idea for spring and fall golf up here

Electric hand warmers are a must-have! Have you used any other units out there? The price seems steep for the run time. I’d love to have one that both heats and charges, but I’m not sure there are any on the market that do that.

Electric hand warmers are a must-have! Have you used any other units out there? The price seems steep for the run time. I’d love to have one that both heats and charges, but I’m not sure there are any on the market that do that.
Pretty sure the one I have does.
It's not the bagboy though

Could this unit be charged off the usb in a cart or a battery pack and still heat at the same time if needed?

lots of this sort of thing available from various brands at various prices with varying quality.

works by going for maximum inefficiency, converting energy to heat

What kind did you get David?

It’s on the list!!! I hate my hands being cold

Nice. It's reusable and that's something that I'm beginning to look at when I buy stuff. Something else to ponder and put on the list!

I’ve looked at these a couple times but always end up hesitating. I have mittens and those chemical packs in bulk… nice to have something reusable though.

I need to pick one of these up should I ever have the fortune to play cold weather Golf. Heck this could come in handy for those chilly mornings here in Florida.

Super interesting product. I had no idea these were a thing. Would be very useful in Ohio at this time of year. 🤔

They work great. Lots of options on Amazon.

I had tried one that starts with an O and two others from Amazon that were generic before this one came out. With the Budget coupon and free shipping it’s not too bad.

The biggest thing for me was a brand name with actual customer service because many of those battery devices on Amazon and the like have zero. It’s worked great for me so far.

That's a great idea. Like a few other people I've had other ones but never this one. I think they are great and work great, it's awesome that they double as a charger so it can really be used all year round in the golf bag not just during the cold months.

Back