What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

@Jman have you by chance tested it against the Z Star XV? I've found the 2 balls to be very similar. So wondering what your experiences were as well.
I have, the CSX maintains more greenside spin for me while being longer off the tee. It’s a little unicorn like for me.

I was hoping for this comment. Looking to test balls like the MTB-X because it's been a great ball for me distance wise, but wanted to give Callaway a try. Been between the CS and CSX, but after reading these last few pages, leaning hard to the CSX.
If you like the MTB-X you will love the CSX. I get very very similar distances from them and to me they are very very similar in every way...well other than one is a 4 piece and the other is a 3 piece.

I have, the CSX maintains more greenside spin for me while being longer off the tee. It’s a little unicorn like for me.
If it works like that for you, you have to play it!! Thanks for the info

decided to put a CSX in play after seeing the latest praise. i remembered my earlier testing and being surprised by the distance and it did not disappoint. i can't remember why i stopped buying X and went back to CS, but I hit a couple drives that reminded my why i was impressed by the X. just another reminder that i need a ball fitting i guess.

In play for the few holes we played yesterday...

B6C2B1BE-3890-4371-A981-0F44E6F75D76.jpeg

I think the CSX is pulling away from the X LS in my personal showdown.

And I think it's more of a feel thing than anything else.
This is something that has happened to me as well. I also get a tad more distance than the CSX I think, but minimal. The part where I like it better is off the putter. I thought they were the same when I first got my hands on them but I think the CSX feels a tad softer which I prefer for the putter. I wish I could have the CSX feel for everything with the exception of wedges and putter and I wish I had the feel of CS then.

This is something that has happened to me as well. I also get a tad more distance than the CSX I think, but minimal. The part where I like it better is off the putter. I thought they were the same when I first got my hands on them but I think the CSX feels a tad softer which I prefer for the putter. I wish I could have the CSX feel for everything with the exception of wedges and putter and I wish I had the feel of CS then.

love the CS feel. Just got some CSX LS to try out but now you guys got me cringing for the CSX.

Played the G truvis for a few holes today, great performance and the ball spins like crazy off the wedges.

Played the G truvis for a few holes today, great performance and the ball spins like crazy off the wedges.
I also played the G Truvis this last Friday but mine were the 2018 model haha.

Played the CS Truvis on Saturday morning and then the CSX yesterday afternoon and the more my swing is coming back to me, the more I prefer the CSX

Spun a few shots back on the greens with both balls, but there is just something about the CSX that I prefer - maybe it is my swing speed creeping up again, but I am enjoying the performance and being able to go at pins knowing it won't be too far from where it lands

Played the CS Truvis on Saturday morning and then the CSX yesterday afternoon and the more my swing is coming back to me, the more I prefer the CSX

Spun a few shots back on the greens with both balls, but there is just something about the CSX that I prefer - maybe it is my swing speed creeping up again, but I am enjoying the performance and being able to go at pins knowing it won't be too far from where it lands
That's the one thing I have noticed more about the difference in the CS/CSX and the LS. The LS doesn't have as much check to it, which I think is part of the reason I lean more towards the CS/CSX. The LS is a great ball, but I like that little bit of extra bite on the greens. Like you said, it allows you to go after the pin and not have to worry about a ton of roll out.

The Chrome Soft X is now my go to golf ball. I also want the triple track. Now most of the time I prefer white, but on overcast days I prefer yellow. Is there a Yellow Triple Track CS X.

The Chrome Soft X is now my go to golf ball. I also want the triple track. Now most of the time I prefer white, but on overcast days I prefer yellow. Is there a Yellow Triple Track CS X.
There are! But I've only been able to find them once in stores. Budget Golf has them in stock though!

There are! But I've only been able to find them once in stores. Budget Golf has them in stock though!
I had a $40 off at GG so I wanted to use it. I may place an order with Budget Golf just to have some for times I need them.

I had a $40 off at GG so I wanted to use it. I may place an order with Budget Golf just to have some for times I need them.
Yeah they are a hard ball to find! Not many places have them in stock.

Another round and more confirmation the CSX is the golf ball for me. Off the tee it delivers the distance, but I love the spin I get off my irons and wedges. Severa shots today the ball landed within a fort of the ball mark.

I have tried various Callaway balls but not had a ball fitting until yesterday. I thought going in that the ERC or CSXLS would be what I fit into. Instead, the best all around ball for me was the standard Chrome Soft. It ended up #1A compared to TP5 at #1B. CS was better with driver for me and TP5 was better with the 90 yard wedge.

I bought a dozen CS with Triple Track

I have been working through a couple dozen CSX lately but went back to the std. Chrome Soft for todays round. I really missed the soft feel and performance it provides. I do not see a loss in distance with the CS compared to the CSX with driver and my iron distances were spot on even on a cool damp morning. I had to fly a couple shots long until I trusted I do not need to club up with this ball. I try not to let the firm feel of balls bother me but the ultra soft feel of the CS is like an old friend when I go back to it.

I decided to try the Chrome Soft for my round yesterday. While it performed overall through the bag, I did miss the feel and spin from the CSX. Off the tee I felt I was giving up a few yards, but it was noticeable into the greens. Shots were rolling out more than I cared for and not stopping within a few feet of the ball mark like I was used to with the CSX.

The Chrome Soft did everything I needed it to do, but I am 100% more comfortable with the CSX.

I really like the CS family and have played all 3. The X LS is right for me.

Bumping this for our THP Dream Foursome guys to throw in some thoughts. I’m sold on CSX and I’m looking forward to what the guys thought.

On vacation and the pro shop had no CSX or triple track. These are fun though.

87BA60AE-E43E-4CD4-A2F9-03A290D0AE37.jpeg

Bumping this for our THP Dream Foursome guys to throw in some thoughts. I’m sold on CSX and I’m looking forward to what the guys thought.
They may or may not have been using this ball ✅

Back