PRGR Portable Launch Monitor Review

Solid device it would seem. Reminds me of the SC200 quite a bit.

Yeah I’m not really concerned with spin all that much either. And I feel like we need brighter minds than ours for that project.

We.. We know people right? Maybe?

I believe it is supposed to read the super speed sticks as well. But let me double check on that.
I do have some side by sides with gc2 with some driver, iron, wedge swings. Was tested at an open range as well as with a hitting net. Nothing indoors yet.

I just ordered the Stack System and a PRGR to read swing speeds indoors with no ball. I’m still waiting for delivery of the Stack System and just got the PRGR two days ago. I’ve only used it indoors without a ball or net and it picks up swinging a club or a Super Speed stick easily and as far as I can tell, accurately. I’m taking it with we to the indoor Trackman simulator tomorrow to get a better idea of how accurate it is but from reading your review, I expect it to be damn good for a $230 unit.

I just ordered the Stack System and a PRGR to read swing speeds indoors with no ball. I’m still waiting for delivery of the Stack System and just got the PRGR two days ago. I’ve only used it indoors without a ball or net and it picks up swinging a club or a Super Speed stick easily and as far as I can tell, accurately. I’m taking it with we to the indoor Trackman simulator tomorrow to get a better idea of how accurate it is but from reading your review, I expect it to be damn good for a $230 unit.

I’ll look forward to your comparison to Trackman. I would think if you are doing speed training, which is sounds like you are, this would be a pretty good option.

Here’s a couple of side by sides with gc2.
6B641615-D11D-491A-9F3D-49EDF550121D.jpeg
049FA2D8-88C8-44DA-A405-7AF3F2A6E495.jpeg
7F63A0F9-C3F8-4310-AE55-732307363DAF.jpeg
86AC9F48-9F56-458D-9CA4-818C0907AA8F.jpeg
5F963454-7FFF-49A4-AFAC-7107EA7ADC21.jpeg

I love the side by sides with the GC2 showing how accurate it is! I only bought this because I needed something to work indoors with the Stack System but I can see myself using it often on the range or in the back yard hitting pitch shots with my daughter. It's so compact that it will travel in my bag easily and it's super simple to use. I love the fact that it runs on 4 AAA batteries as well. Here are pictures showing how compact it is. That's an AA battery, not the AAA that it uses.

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 9.12.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 9.11.58 AM.png

Nice review, Dean! This is a really interesting product and I may end up grabbing one. I’m also less concerned about spin right now, so having distances and club speed would fit me perfectly I think. For $230, I think it’s worth a shot.

I love the side by sides with the GC2 showing how accurate it is! I only bought this because I needed something to work indoors with the Stack System but I can see myself using it often on the range or in the back yard hitting pitch shots with my daughter. It's so compact that it will travel in my bag easily and it's super simple to use. I love the fact that it runs on 4 AAA batteries as well. Here are pictures showing how compact it is. That's an AA battery, not the AAA that it uses.

View attachment 9044459View attachment 9044460

yeah super compact. I wanted to make sure that was mentioned.

wanted to give this one a nudge for the afternoon crowd.

Thanks for the side by side pictures as well. I don’t think one can complain about the accuracy at this price point. I will be jumping in for sure.

View attachment 9044459View attachment 9044460

It is quite small - I put it in my bag and take it everywhere the clubs go. This is mine with the Visio tripod

IMG_0674.jpeg

It is quite small - I put it in my bag and take it everywhere the clubs go. This is mine with the Visio tripod

That looks like the perfect tripod for the unit!

This is on my ponder list.

Nice review @ddec. Pretty impressive accuracy against the GC2 for a device in that price range.

I’ve been looking for something similar to this. I had the little white and blue box until I slipped and sent it down the fairway instead of the ball. I do wonder if I should think a little harder about a Mevo or used GC2

Just getting caught up now, great write up seems like a really good device to use on the range and for those who are hesitant about dropping quite a bit more on the 500$ and up devices. Good to see the side by side comparisons with the GC2.

Thanks for the review and observations. This is one that has been on my list because of SuperSpeed.

Thanks for the review and observations. This is one that has been on my list because of SuperSpeed.

have you been doing SuperSpeed?

Here is where to find it.

I just received a tripod for my PRGR from Amazon that's almost identical to the one @Desmond bought. I wasn't patient enough to wait for the one he bought from the UK. It simply screws right into the bottom of the unit with a few turns. :)

I bought it with the optional phone mount but it's $5 cheaper without it.

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 7.08.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 6.45.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-18 at 6.49.29 AM.png

Last edited:
THANKS! I appreciate it, the way my basement net is set up, I am not sure I can get 6 ft for some of them. So this distance is perfect. And the price is a great way to determine how valuable it is for me. If it works (and I find it helpful), then I can consider some of the more data driven versions.

Back