Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

I've played when it was wet, but not in rain. My course is fairly flat, and haven't had any issues with it other than the occasional slip when it's pretty steep.

Anybody have any ideas on why the digital screen isn't lighting up on my m7?

Battery is new. Charger works. Battery is plugged into cart.

Is there a fuse box somewhere?

There’s no fuse box on the cart to my knowledge. Does the cart operate at all or is it a dead stick?

My course has a lot of sidehills and curves on it, so I'm making a lot of adjustments in the steering so it doesn't decide to just go veering off to the left if my ball is up the right. I don't feel it's 20 seconds of nada, that's for sure!
So, I played a round with the M7 today and really paid attention to when it randomly stopped. You are 100% correct, there was no rhyme or reason to when it would just stop.

For all who have been using the M7: Do they all do this?

So, I played a round with the M7 today and really paid attention to when it randomly stopped. You are 100% correct, there was no rhyme or reason to when it would just stop.

For all who have been using the M7: Do they all do this?

The only thing I can think of, is that the remote battery may have been low? I tend to keep the remote in my golf bag, because then I can't possibly go without it haha. This was the second round since charging it, so your guess is as good as mine as to how it had done rattling around in my bag. It was still responsive and all, but yeah I can't begin to tell you how many times it was just like welp, gonna take five and kinda catch my breath. I resync'ed it in the middle of a fairway too while waiting for a green to clear, still had it happen 3-4 times on the back 9.

The only thing I can think of, is that the remote battery may have been low? I tend to keep the remote in my golf bag, because then I can't possibly go without it haha. This was the second round since charging it, so your guess is as good as mine as to how it had done rattling around in my bag. It was still responsive and all, but yeah I can't begin to tell you how many times it was just like welp, gonna take five and kinda catch my breath. I resync'ed it in the middle of a fairway too while waiting for a green to clear, still had it happen 3-4 times on the back 9.

Yep, I would say it happens 6-10 times per round with mine and my remote is usually fully charged going into the round. The worst is when I'm walking directly behind it trying to grab my cup and it abruptly stops.

For me it seems to happen when I start the cart using the handle, then let it go and steer with the remote. It will stop abruptly. What seems to work for me is to change the speed with the remote and steer it a few times and then it goes and goes.

For me it seems to happen when I start the cart using the handle, then let it go and steer with the remote. It will stop abruptly. What seems to work for me is to change the speed with the remote and steer it a few times and then it goes and goes.

I will have to pay attention to see if that is what does it for me as well? That would make sense if that was what made it stop abruptly. I will test this on Wednesday.

Agreed. Same issue on my MGI when doing it that way, but none using just remote. And no issues at all with m5

I'm wondering if there's an M?? in the works that's a mix of the M5 GPS and the M7 remote. :unsure:

I'm wondering if there's an M?? in the works that's a mix of the M5 GPS and the M7 remote. :unsure:
I just can't decide which one to get, M7, MGI Zip Navigator, Stewart.

I just can't decide which one to get, M7, MGI Zip Navigator, Stewart.

M7. Ever send your electric cart to the cart girl to put a drink in your cupholder, then send it back to you while you're still waiting for the green to clear?

I have yet to have mine just stop on me. I haven't noticed if I just press a button every 10 seconds or so, but I don't think I let it go more than 2o seconds without me making a correction of some sort. I guess I need to hit it farther or something.

My course has a lot of sidehills and curves on it, so I'm making a lot of adjustments in the steering so it doesn't decide to just go veering off to the left if my ball is up the right. I don't feel it's 20 seconds of nada, that's for sure!
One of the plus features on MGI ZIP Navigator is straight tracking.

How does that not tip the cart on undulating fairways?
You said your cart was veering off and you had to steer to keep straight on side hills. MGI Navigator stays straight on side hills. Unless you are talking a very steep side hills where any type of cart might tip.

You said your cart was veering off and you had to steer to keep straight on side hills. MGI Navigator stays straight on side hills. Unless you are talking a very steep side hills where any type of cart might tip.

My course has a decent amount of steeper side slopes, because they hate me. It does okay but when the slope is 12-18in, most stuff is gonna fight you a bit. Could I go to the flat? Sure. Am I lazy? Absolutely haha

M7. Ever send your electric cart to the cart girl to put a drink in your cupholder, then send it back to you while you're still waiting for the green to clear?

That's a boss move.

Agreed. Same issue on my MGI when doing it that way, but none using just remote. And no issues at all with m5

You're the only one I've read reporting that issue with the MGI. Mine has never done that.

I'll ask around to see if anyone else has had this issue with the Zip.

My old cart (Bat Caddy XR4) did the same thing. I believe it is a safety feature in case you accidentally press the forward button on the handle, it in turns, times out after so many seconds and does full stop. If you interrupt by using the remote before the timer teaches the set point, it will cancel the timer.

Back