SIK Putters Sold to LA Golf?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Is SIK Putters Sold?

SIK Golf, the brand behind the putters featuring DLT Technology, and used by Bryson DeChambeau on the PGA Tour appears like it might be the latest acquisition from LA Golf.

Continue reading...

Is SIK Putters Sold?

SIK Golf, the brand behind the putters featuring DLT Technology, and used by Bryson DeChambeau on the PGA Tour appears like it might be the latest acquisition from LA Golf.

Continue reading...
Doesn't Bryson use LA Golf shafts in his SIK putters?

Edit: Never mind, I clicked through and read the rest of the link. So not really a surprising acquisition, then?

Interesting. Not sure what it means but Interesting.

Interesting. Don’t Bryson and DJ have ownership stakes in LA Golf?

• Admin
Interesting. Don’t Bryson and DJ have ownership stakes in LA Golf?

From above.

The company that is behind LA Golf Shafts and has partners in Bryson DeChambeau and Dustin Johnson will be adding a putter company to the mix. Being that DeChambeau has been using the SIK Pro C Armlock with the LAGP shaft, having both companies under the same umbrella makes some sense on paper.

Woah, didn’t see this coming.

What does it mean for the Cobra putters with SIK faces? Anything?

Interesting. Wonder what becomes of this, only thing in common is Bryson right?

From above.

The company that is behind LA Golf Shafts and has partners in Bryson DeChambeau and Dustin Johnson will be adding a putter company to the mix. Being that DeChambeau has been using the SIK Pro C Armlock with the LAGP shaft, having both companies under the same umbrella makes some sense on paper.
Whoops read that as players not partners. So DJ may soon have a stake in a shaft company that owns a putter company of which he uses neither shaft or putter. This seems like a strange integration, not sure if it’s considered vertical or horizontal. Any other industry acquisitions you’d compare this to?

I can see it happening, but why leak it out? It makes sense to go that route, and it would actually make sense if Cobra/Puma decided to go in on it too.

Whoops read that as players not partners. So DJ may soon have a stake in a shaft company that owns a putter company of which he uses neither shaft or putter. This seems like a strange integration, not sure if it’s considered vertical or horizontal. Any other industry acquisitions you’d compare this to?
Makes the endorsement logos kind of awkward for him, dunnit? :LOL:

Is SIK Putters Sold?

Continue reading...
Oh wow:oops:

I wonder if DJ will use a SIK putter or stick with TM?

Is this the beginning of one golf company holding many more companies under a single umbrella within the industry in different sectors? Are their any others that are set up like this?

Is this the beginning of one golf company holding many more companies under a single umbrella within the industry in different sectors? Are their any others that are set up like this?
We have seen some of that with brands like 8am who owns Golf magazine, along with True Spec, Miura, Nicklaus, etc.

We have seen some of that with brands like 8am who owns Golf magazine, along with True Spec, Miura, Nicklaus, etc.
Any idea if this is the route they are looking to go, or if this was two companies believing they could collaborate and expand together more effectively than before.

Ok wow is the response that came to mind.

More curious how it affects Cobra.
They are licensed to use the SIK face insert. I can still see that being a partnership, if they lose the face insert I am sure they will have their own inserts or milled face that they can use as their heads were Cobra designed.

They are licensed to use the SIK face insert. I can still see that being a partnership, if they lose the face insert I am sure they will have their own inserts or milled face that they can use as their heads were Cobra designed.
Honestly, I hope they can continue. I really want to give one a try!

SIK patented the DLT face, so Cobra would have to use an entirely different insert if LA owns the rights and chooses not to continue the partnership. I would assume the Bryson connection would keep LA, SIK, and Cobra, working together.

Any idea if this is the route they are looking to go, or if this was two companies believing they could collaborate and expand together more effectively than before.
I have no formal insight into the current landscape, but previously I was told they are in acquisition mode.

Interesting...

I would assume the Bryson connection would keep LA, SIK, and Cobra, working together.
The Bryson connection and of course the money and press assuming Cobra brings in many more eyeballs than SIK generally speaking

Back