SIK Putters Sold to LA Golf?

JUST SAW THIS ON THE GRAM AND CAME HERE!!

This is big news.. Like real big.. Wonder how this affect the cobra collab..

This is what I keep thinking about…

I'll mirror what others have said, interesting. I'm not sure exactly what it means for the future but it sure is interesting.

Curios myself... I sure like my Nova 40 with Sik technology 👍

SIK patented the DLT face, so Cobra would have to use an entirely different insert if LA owns the rights and chooses not to continue the partnership. I would assume the Bryson connection would keep LA, SIK, and Cobra, working together.
I wonder if there was some interest from Cobra to buy SIK at some point, and then LA stepped in and made the acquisition. Would be an interesting play from a business standpoint, especially with the need vs supply regarding shafts currently.

@JB is there any current company with vertical integration of shafts and clubs? I can’t think of one.

I wonder if there was some interest from Cobra to buy SIK at some point, and then LA stepped in and made the acquisition. Would be an interesting play from a business standpoint, especially with the need vs supply regarding shafts currently.

@JB is there any current company with vertical integration of shafts and clubs? I can’t think of one.
A number of the Japanese companies have this.
Srixon umbrella the most known with Miyazaki of course.

A number of the Japanese companies have this.
Srixon umbrella the most known with Miyazaki of course.
Interesting. So if I bought a set of new Srixons, I could get them with a Srixon-affilated set of shafts? I did not know that.

Interesting. So if I bought a set of new Srixons, I could get them with a Srixon-affilated set of shafts? I did not know that.
Correct. The Miyazaki line is part of SRI family of companies like Srixon, Cleveland, XXIO, etc.
Honma makes their own Vizard line as well. And there are a few others.

Correct. The Miyazaki line is part of SRI family of companies like Srixon, Cleveland, XXIO, etc.
Honma makes their own Vizard line as well. And there are a few others.
It would be an interesting play if Cobra could acquire a company like LA Golf. A premium shaft brand and could make exclusive shafts for its clubs. It just seems like there continues to be more vertical integration in golf, so while I don’t think such an idea is realistic, I’m not 100% convinced it’s not.

It would be an interesting play if Cobra could acquire a company like LA Golf. A premium shaft brand and could make exclusive shafts for its clubs. It just seems like there continues to be more vertical integration in golf, so while I don’t think such an idea is realistic, I’m not 100% convinced it’s not.
It’s interesting but take the other side. What are they acquiring other than some machinery? There isn’t a lot of IP there (not including SIK). A company could very well do this and have the shafts made for them (see Ping) and it would be similar.

It’s interesting but take the other side. What are they acquiring other than some machinery? There isn’t a lot of IP there (not including SIK). A company could very well do this and have the shafts made for them (see Ping) and it would be similar.
100% right. It really is the difference between perception and performance, similar to what is seen in the DTC golf ball market, and to a lesser extent some boutique iron manufacturers using blanks. But if you are LA Golf, how do you become more profitable? Buy a company with IP that someone else is using, and then license or sell that IP.

Reactions: JB
I just hope this doesn’t mess up the SIK/Cobra collabs

LAGP and SIK both have high profile tour players using their products. SIK has had a TV ad campaign, but is still a niche brand. LAGP is as low as low profile gets. Only place I have seen either as a consumer is at Club Champion. SIK does sell direct from their website. I actually tried to get LAGP iron shafts at one point this year. Getting information was just about impossible and finding shafts to buy was even harder. The outcome of this really depends on what LAGP plans to do with SIK or the combined entity. I would assume any licensing agreement SIK has with Cobra would continue. That paperwork is signed for at least some period of time.

Hard to fathom what's up here. If this is part of a growth strategy for LAGP, this might be very interesting news.

Don't see this as really big news. Also can't see where this would be an issue with the Cobra relationship. It's not like SIK is being bought by another competing OEM. If anything could only bolster the the Cobra relationship by further introducing LAB shafts to Cobra.

I picked up a Sik at PGASS. I did not see anything inherently beautiful from the eye. It must be the science of the face. I think Bryson wants to profit from his use and marketing of the brand. It expands the line that the Company offers - so it's good for them. Other than more money to LA Golf if Bryson keeps on winning, not big news to me or probably in the golf world.o_O

Last edited:
Don't see this as really big news. Also can't see where this would be an issue with the Cobra relationship. It's not like SIK is being bought by another competing OEM. If anything could only bolster the the Cobra relationship by further introducing LAB shafts to Cobra.

I dont know that it is good or bad. Just curious what will happen there.

I like this one..

1637158156313.png

I rolled one at CC. In my putter fitting, we narrowed down to this one and a Bettinardi. I bought neither. I never like the pictures but it was better in person. It would take me awhile to get used to the feel of a SIK putter.

Interesting tidbit above that PGATSS has SIK putters now. That was not the case at the PGATSS I went to last February in Colorado.

And, this is an interesting news item to me. Nice job breaking the story THP. In my 2021 club testing exploration, LAGP and SIK both were top interests. I liked the trono driver shaft (which a local shop had as part of their Callaway driver fitting setup) and the tour axs blue irons shafts (CC). They didn't get any of my $ but remain on my radar.

Nobody is really talking about this one yet, but for those that jumped into the live stream, you heard Mike Yagley mention any sale would not change their putter strategy moving forward and that they are on pace to exceed their goals.

Nobody is really talking about this one yet, but for those that jumped into the live stream, you heard Mike Yagley mention any sale would not change their putter strategy moving forward and that they are on pace to exceed their goals.

I think that is awesome. The Cobra putters for a first run in a long time are really good. Classically progressive in design.

Yeah heard that. The DLT works and I am surprised we haven't seen an imitation out there yet. I would assume it works a lot more for amateurs as pros work on their game and can deliver the putter head similar enough not to need DLT.

With forecasting sales like that, do they plan for the bulk of sales in the first/second quarter and plateau third/fourth or do they expect it to be steady all throughout?

I love my SIK DW putter. So maybe it's weird that this doesn't really register with me? Maybe it's because I'm happy with what I already have? No idea. FWIW, the Cobra collaboration didn't register either.

Maybe it's just a seasonal issue? I hope it passes.

I need to get a new putter cover for my Sik SHO putter since I lost mine. I just sent an email to the previous Sik address and learned that address is no long working. Any advise?

Back