TESTED! Ben Hogan Equalizer II Wedges

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
A few months back Ben Hogan released the Equalizer II wedges. Early reviews from THP Forum members have been stellar, so we brought them into the Tech Studio for another episode of TESTED!

In this video we start off with some technology talk, then hop into the hitting bay for some swings. Finally, we will walk you through the information that the Foresight GCQuad presented and give you some final thoughts.

This episode is full of information and data. Can the Ben Hogan Equalizer II wedges stand up to the competition? Do they offer the consistency that one expects out of their scoring and short game clubs?

Continue reading...

Love TESTED episodes. Hearing from Gavin at Shot Scope yesterday about these in his bag and watching THPers at the recent Ben Hogan Experience have success had me looking forward to this video.

Nice review! Love the PTxPro irons (not as much as my new T300s from the Experience!) and I have the 56 and 60 original Equalizer wedges in the bag. I do like the Hogan wedges, however my home course is quite soft and I think I need more bounce than they offer. I’ll be doing a wedge fitting soon.

Really enjoyed the video review. I am about 3.5 years into using the original Equalizers exclusively and honestly kind of hesitant to switch to these since I have experienced so much success with the originals. Using their demo progrm with probably be the wise thing when my need to for new wedges arises. Would definitely live to test the two versions head to head.

Great test, that was a lot of info covered in just 5 minutes. Consistency seemed to be there on each of those shots and that 3rd one was a beauty. EQII wedges are the real deal.

I’m a big fan of the first generation Equalizer wedges. @Canadan, if you have hit those, how do the 2 compare?

I've never experienced a Ben Hogan wedge. They look pretty good but I'm not super excited about the feel you describe, they sound firm

I've never experienced a Ben Hogan wedge. They look pretty good but I'm not super excited about the feel you describe, they sound firm
They are a bit firmer, but definitely lack that click that some really do not like.

I’m a big fan of the first generation Equalizer wedges. @Canadan, if you have hit those, how do the 2 compare?
Oh man, I haven't hit the first version in ages. I think it'd be really unfair to make any claims about it.

Nice review @Canadan you are deadly with that club!

That's some silly consistency with traditional wedges. Still haven't hit them off texas turf, hopefully soon.

That are as good a looking wedge as anything else out there..

Great video review, Dan. Wedges do have a nice shape and sole profile! I like that leading edge.

And those are some impressive standard deviation numbers.

Nice job Dan. Good stuff.

At 3:20 I hit my last shot, which was also very clearly my best shot, and the best thing I could muster was "uhh yeah"

In short, I loved it. That shot was delish.

I know a few THPers got these at the THP Experience. Hope to hear some of their thoughts.

Would love to hear it. I didn't really get any golf gear over the holiday weekend so my wallet is looking for action and my heart wants some black wedges :love:

Personally I don't think the feel on these should be a concern. Maybe they are on the firm side but I don't find them clicky or offensive. I find them very consistent and enjoyable to hit.

I'm really enjoying mine, in black of course 😁. A high handicapper may prefer more bounce.

I've never had a hole in one but the closest I have come yet was with a Hogan Equalizer II wedge. Great control and great ball flight.

These are really underrated. Stand up well to anything out there. Perform exactly what you put in, continue to be able to clip several low hop and check shots at will.

Also the TX grind is terrifying and not for me. :LOL: almost ended up in the lake after drop kicking 4 straight sand/pitch shots.
If any AC member wants to try it, pay the shipping and I'll send it over for you to test. 👍

Back