LIVE UPDATE THREAD The Project X Experience with Mizuno

A banana, a Bang, and a crotch shot. There is a joke to be written here. :ROFLMAO:
I didn't want to go there but see you did it for me.

Well I've got a little over an hour before boarding so it seems like the opportune time for the appreciation post that will fall short of how I actually feel no matter how long it is.

I'll start with @+7 KPTT who I met the first night and made me feel like I was catching up with a buddy I haven't seen in years. He really is one of us, just with a cooler job and more golf ability than many of us. Our adventure across the road to Paddy's was something I just won't ever forget. To get to hang with him like some random buddy when he is who he is really speaks to his personality. He was so down to earth which, given what he does and who he knows, is unbelievable unless you experience it. To be that young, and already where he is the sky's just the limit for him. I doubt he ever finds himself up in the northeast but I'd gladly knock back a few more bourbons with him. Playing golf and riding along with him yesterday was such a treat. I know it's repetitive but I literally felt like I was playing a round back home with my buddies, just if they were really good 😆

I got to meet @Vosh68 the next morning and he was just as chill as Keenan. Whereas Keenan is a smarter and better golfing version of myself 10 years ago, Vosh is more relatable to current me, just also with a way cooler job and more golf ability. I can definitely relate to the little one at home and how that cramps golfing time 😆. His knowledge of the whole process for Mizuno is mind blowing. He's that type who's forgotten more than most of us will ever know but knows how to articulate it in a way that even hacker like myself can understand. His golf game is next level as well. He's just so steady, and like I said yesterday he's not the slouch off the tee he might try to make you think (consider yourself warned 😆)

Playing with both guys yesterday was such a blast. I mentioned yesterday I fought the shanks with my irons off and on all day, but despite that (which at times would really put me in a sour mood) I just couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face. As embarrassing as it was I never felt down on myself at any point and that was 100% thanks to the vibe they both put out there.

Last but far from least is the dynamic duo of @JB and behind the scenes @GolferGal. JB's ability to put you at ease in the midst of the company you're keeping is next level. He greeted me at the resort upon arrival and I just instantly felt mostly at ease. Hearing those three guys just talk golf industry shop is something I could just do all day every day. The community they've built is simply next level and the opportunities they present to everyday Hackers like us can't he understated. The things I've been so fortunate to experience since joining this community are literally mind blowing.

I also want to thank all of you guys for following along. I hate that I had my phone die on course and couldn't provide my own content but your kind words on bringing you along mean the world to me.

To summarize this ramble I just have to say thank you (as inadequate as it feels) one more time to @JB @GolferGal @Vosh68 and @+7 KPTT for a trip that I will never forget and will come back to this thread often to relive.

Thanks for letting us follow along. Really fun to see behind the scenes at Mizuno, your fitting, your GCQuad numbers, golf, and of course amazing meals! Really cool opportunity and glad we could all watch!

Feeling lucky, this flight definitely has more legroom than second leg Wednesday. Off to Chicago we go.

Congrats on the Experience and thanks for bringing us along. It’s gotta be just mind blowing and maybe a little nervy to say the least.

@thewilderside really glad you didn’t have eggplant for breakfast

Forget to hit post after the now infamous banana pic 🤣 so fired it off as the bloody arrived
Hence...you probably might need to change your screen name to @bruisedBanana :ROFLMAO:

Forget to hit post after the now infamous banana pic 🤣 so fired it off as the bloody arrived
Okay, I was a little concerned that you’d downed an energy drink and then moved right to the hard stuff!

L
We then got into the club building section with Pritchard which was very eye opening to me. There are 10 different stages each set goes through. I'll try to recall them each with pic. The first is the cutting station where each shaft is cut to its specified length via a machine that automatically adjusts to the correct length of the selected shaft.
View attachment 9045428

Next up the shaft end is sanded down and the grip applied using a laser system. You'll notice small notches at the top and bottom of your grip that are aligned to the laser line.
View attachment 9045431
Then the swing weight is verified and adjusted as needed.
View attachment 9045432

Then the adhesive is applied to the shaft end and the head is attached using something called Hardlock(?), unique to Mizuno, in a very specific amount.
View attachment 9045438

A mark is then placed on the head and shaft and it's pressure tested to ensure it doesn't move. The machine applies the pressure and then it's check to make sure there's still the one mark.
View attachment 9045440

They then laser engrave the order number on each club. This allows for easy replacement and access to the specs on that order.
View attachment 9045441

They're then boxed up and head to their excited new owner
View attachment 9045443
View attachment 9045444

It was very eye opening to me just how many people and checks are involved in the building process.
ove this level of detail to share the factory with us!!

Well I've got a little over an hour before boarding so it seems like the opportune time for the appreciation post that will fall short of how I actually feel no matter how long it is.

I'll start with @+7 KPTT who I met the first night and made me feel like I was catching up with a buddy I haven't seen in years. He really is one of us, just with a cooler job and more golf ability than many of us. Our adventure across the road to Paddy's was something I just won't ever forget. To get to hang with him like some random buddy when he is who he is really speaks to his personality. He was so down to earth which, given what he does and who he knows, is unbelievable unless you experience it. To be that young, and already where he is the sky's just the limit for him. I doubt he ever finds himself up in the northeast but I'd gladly knock back a few more bourbons with him. Playing golf and riding along with him yesterday was such a treat. I know it's repetitive but I literally felt like I was playing a round back home with my buddies, just if they were really good 😆

I got to meet @Vosh68 the next morning and he was just as chill as Keenan. Whereas Keenan is a smarter and better golfing version of myself 10 years ago, Vosh is more relatable to current me, just also with a way cooler job and more golf ability. I can definitely relate to the little one at home and how that cramps golfing time 😆. His knowledge of the whole process for Mizuno is mind blowing. He's that type who's forgotten more than most of us will ever know but knows how to articulate it in a way that even hacker like myself can understand. His golf game is next level as well. He's just so steady, and like I said yesterday he's not the slouch off the tee he might try to make you think (consider yourself warned 😆)

Playing with both guys yesterday was such a blast. I mentioned yesterday I fought the shanks with my irons off and on all day, but despite that (which at times would really put me in a sour mood) I just couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face. As embarrassing as it was I never felt down on myself at any point and that was 100% thanks to the vibe they both put out there.

Last but far from least is the dynamic duo of @JB and behind the scenes @GolferGal. JB's ability to put you at ease in the midst of the company you're keeping is next level. He greeted me at the resort upon arrival and I just instantly felt mostly at ease. Hearing those three guys just talk golf industry shop is something I could just do all day every day. The community they've built is simply next level and the opportunities they present to everyday Hackers like us can't he understated. The things I've been so fortunate to experience since joining this community are literally mind blowing.

I also want to thank all of you guys for following along. I hate that I had my phone die on course and couldn't provide my own content but your kind words on bringing you along mean the world to me.

To summarize this ramble I just have to say thank you (as inadequate as it feels) one more time to @JB @GolferGal @Vosh68 and @+7 KPTT for a trip that I will never forget and will come back to this thread often to relive.
Great write up! Glad you enjoyed this so much and were able to bring us along for the ride.

Not typical THP quality but here's some pics of my loot. The lighting doesn't do the shaft a hint of justice when in hand though. I put the headcover in there too because I absolutely love it. Kind of an odd thing but it's just so well done in a classic way, a tip of the cap to the level of detail for Mizuno.
20211119_194029.jpg
20211119_194046.jpg
20211119_194114.jpg

I forgot to post this one

C8523A1E-14A4-4569-B6FD-9C987EEB8832.gif

That’s pretty cool, kept watching confused a bit till I seen the suction cups opening the box 🤣

That’s pretty cool, kept watching confused a bit till I seen the suction cups opening the box 🤣
I’m assuming there are ramps towards the side post that fold the top and bottom flaps in too. Yeah I looked at that gif way too long.

Glad JB was able to get that posted. I've been trying for at least a day now unsuccessfully lol

Well I suppose I should talk about my round. Not my best by a longshot but between the positivity of Vosh, Keenan, and JB and the fact I was playing golf on a gorgeous course in the middle of November in shorts and a polo it was a top 3 most memorable.
The course was in fantastic shape, and I must say I'm a fan of hitting off of Bermuda. Sooooo different from what I'm used to up here. The greens were almost spongelike, a very unique feel to them. The one downside was the leaves. If you went into them forget it, I don't think we found a ball in the leaves until the 16th, and it wasn't any of ours 🤣
So anyway, hole 1 starts with a solid drive that fades a little right leaving by my watch 155 to the back slightly up hill. Hit a good smooth 8 iron that settles just off the back, solid chip and 2 putt for bogey and I'm feeling pretty good.
Screenshot_20211120-162722_Shot Scope.jpg

Hole 2 leads to first lost ball to the leaves. Push the drive to the right, same line as Vosh but a little deeper so no luck. Drop and hit a poor 5 iron punch, hit a solid wedge, that finds the green, then drop a long putt for a loose 5 (I just added one stroke to my score every time I lost one to the leaves lol) I'm not putting it in for handicap purposes because we played it pretty loose. Sue me 🤣
Screenshot_20211120-163251_Shot Scope.jpg

Hole 3 begins a very common theme of bad shot followed by decent shot 😆. Shank a 9 iron into someone's backyard, then put the second one just right, a little shy of pin high. Hit a great chip to pretty close and drop the putt for another 5.
Screenshot_20211120-163759_Shot Scope.jpg

Hole 4, another pushed drive that has some fade finds the pond. Grab more club than needed, and add solid contact, and wind up deep. Chip on, add two putts for a 6.
Screenshot_20211120-163958_Shot Scope.jpg

Hole 5, another lost drive though thought this one would be great. Replica hole that's a dog leg left, pull my drive but we all thought it got through and would be really good. Alas, not to be so drop back by Vosh and hit a solid 5 iron that's off the green and below the green. Hit a fair chip that's on the green, proceed to hit what seemed like a solid putt that ran by the hole and just kept on running right off the green down to the rough again. We were all pretty surprised by that result, thing just kept going lol. Chip on 2 putts for a solid ⛄
Screenshot_20211120-164523_Shot Scope.jpg

Hole 6 starts with a drive that had real potential. Crushed what could have been a great power fade but started too far right and clipped a tree and dropped. Of course I took another swing that was a pounded high fade, second team all American as I've heard it said 😏. Pull out the Super Hybrid (only time on the day) and proceed to chunk a downhill lie shot that still gets me 200 despite the poor contact. In what was actually a strong point of the day (I think hitting off the Bermuda really contributed to this) I grab my 58 and hit a nice mid flight spinner that hits and sits. Such a cool shot was fun to have that in the bag for the day. Two putts in for bogey.
Screenshot_20211120-165140_Shot Scope.jpg

Hole 7 starts with a wonderful shank, followed by a solid second shot. A poor chip leaves a long way to which leads to 3 putts. 🤦‍♂️
Screenshot_20211120-165411_Shot Scope.jpg

#8 is my last swing with the Evenflow Riptide LX (mistakenly said MX the other day but after looking at pics pretty sure it was actually LX) Hit it well but it spun off to the right more than I wanted, but was safe anyway. I'm maybe 30 yards back from a very tall tree seen in the Shotscope and JB convinced me I could get it over it, just don't try to help it up. Solid advice if you stay down in your swing, but I proceeded to, you guessed it, shank another one 🤦‍♂️. Drop a second ball and actually heed JB's advice and come sooo close to clearing it but just clip a branch. Still wind up in pretty good shape, hit a nice chip that gets me close enough for a chance at one putt but I 2 putt. In for 7 (these shank penalties are killing me to relive 🤣)
Screenshot_20211120-170504_Shot Scope.jpg

Hole 9, after being a little loose, even for me with driver, I ask Keenan if he has something else we might try to tighten up dispersion a little. He proceeds to take the RDX Smoke Blue out of his STG and plug into my driver. Funny side note, after describing my swing swing him the night before this was the shaft he initially predicted. We had run out of time before teeing off so hadn't made it to that one and the Riptide had been pretty solid on the range. Well first swing with it is absolutely a ripped mid launch power fade. Wound up blocked out by trees so I poorly punch out to rough, but have a line anyway. Step up and shank a 6 iron into the trees but get a lucky bounce back to the rough. Hit a decent wedge but come up short in the bunker. Head to the bunker, holler at the fellas to be aware (sand game is not a strong suit) and hit a nice out leaving me 30 feet or so. Proceed to drop that for an adventurous bogey 😆
Side note two, the sand here was absolutely incredible. So soft which apparently is good for me as I successfully got out both times I was in.
Screenshot_20211120-171446_Shot Scope.jpg

Back 9 to follow tonight 😀

Found the pic I was looking for, new avatar 😬

Buckle up fellas, the rollercoaster ride continues 🤣 . To assist in the march to 7.5 mil I'll do each hole as it's own post.
Hole 10 is a long par, and I tried to play a big draw to cut the corner. Never gave it a chance and got a lucky kick out of trees to just short of the bunkers at the corner. Still a mile to go say I hit a good 5 iron that the PTX Pros gave some assistance on because it wasn't flush, and thankfully it wasn't because it probably reaches the bunker if I do. 125 left so I grab my 50 and proceed to hit a shank that stayed in play. Tough downhill lie, but hit a decent spinner again that needed another 5 yards and length to be good, but still just on the fringe. Grab putter and misjudge the speed (big surprise 😆) and have two putts to get in for 7. Keenan absolutely annihilated his drive (see the circle for roughly where he wound up) on this hole.
Screenshot_20211120-205136_Shot Scope.jpg

Back