LIVE UPDATE THREAD The Project X Experience with Mizuno

#11 was another hole like many other on the day. Hit a nice power fade (little heely so thank you ST-Z) that puts me in good scoring position. Well I grab my 9 iron and wait for it, cold top it 🤣🤣🤣. Regroup and grab the 58* wedge and clip it real well. Another low flighted spinner that checked beautifully. Vosh winds up just outside me and gives me a great read as he drains his but I pull the putt so in for bogey.
Screenshot_20211120-205706_Shot Scope.jpg

Still sounds like you had a fun round @thewilderside! Great recap!

Buckle up fellas, the rollercoaster ride continues 🤣 . To assist in the march to 7.5 mil I'll do each hole as it's own post.
Hole 10 is a long par, and I tried to play a big draw to cut the corner. Never gave it a chance and got a lucky kick out of trees to just short of the bunkers at the corner. Still a mile to go say I hit a good 5 iron that the PTX Pros gave some assistance on because it wasn't flush, and thankfully it wasn't because it probably reaches the bunker if I do. 125 left so I grab my 50 and proceed to hit a shank that stayed in play. Tough downhill lie, but hit a decent spinner again that needed another 5 yards and length to be good, but still just on the fringe. Grab putter and misjudge the speed (big surprise 😆) and have two putts to get in for 7. Keenan absolutely annihilated his drive (see the circle for roughly where he wound up) on this hole.
View attachment 9046003

Wow this course looks tight. Did it feel like that from the tee too?

#12 took me by surprise upon a Shotscope review but either way. Longer par 3, was sure it said 185 playing longer due to uphill and wind so I grab my 5 iron and absolute flush it. I mean this thing had more height than any short iron I hit on the day, including the 9 iron on #8 that nearly cleared the towering tree in front of it. There was some wind in our face as I was sure it was longer than 165 but Shotscope says otherwise. Regardless it was a nice reminder of how good the PTX Pros feel when you find the sweetspot. Wind up pin high in the bunker, but not a bad miss by any means. Step into the silky smooth bunker, dig in, and plop one out within a makeable distance. Miss the putt, another slight tug but a satisfying bogey nonetheless.
Screenshot_20211120-210820_Shot Scope.jpg

Still sounds like you had a fun round @thewilderside! Great recap!
It's pretty amazing recapping how badly I scored just how much fun I had. The company I got I to keep during this round undoubtedly made it so.

Wow this course looks tight. Did it feel like that from the tee too?
Yes and no, there were certainly trees on every hole but I have little doubt we would have found nearly every errant shot if not for the leaves.

It's pretty amazing recapping how badly I scored just how much fun I had. The company I got I to keep during this round undoubtedly made it so.
Honestly, that’s exactly how I felt after my round in San Diego back in 2019. Playing with THP’ers and KP was just a ton of fun!!

#13 followed a predictable pattern but I'll tell the story anyway. Hit a nice drive that was going uphill and into the wind. Distance not great but I wasn't far behind Keenan so I know the geography and wind impacted distance. Chunk my approach, followed by another nice low spinner that checked immediately. After pulling the last few putts I really wanted to focus on a good stroke. Well I did, but forgot to pay attention to speed 🤦‍♂️. Ran it way by and couldn't make the comeback so a double.
Screenshot_20211120-211457_Shot Scope.jpg

Yes and no, there were certainly trees on every hole but I have little doubt we would have found nearly every errant shot if not for the leaves.

The East Coast in the fall needs a rule that if you find any ball you can play it. But doesn’t sound like there were many to find.

#14 has some regrets. For one, it was one of the few holes we didn't bring the quad down on. It looks like a long way to the gully, but Shotscope says it's 275 to clear. I tell Keenan I didn't come all the way down here and get fit for a new driver to layup. Line up, tell the guys I'm stepping on this one, and absolutely pipe one dead straight and crushed. It was enough of a smash job that (in my head anyway) it rattled Keenan into overspending and losing his right. We went searching but never found it, in all honesty I think we weren't looking in the right spot after reflection. We were checking in the gully but think we should have been looking where I circled. I think it went straight when I needed that hint of fade I'd been playing. Either way, it was easily the biggest drive I hit on the day. Rest of the hole was pretty bad. Shanked a 4 iron, dropped up about where it went and hit a decent 50 to just short, hit my worst chip of the day, followed by one that got on and two putts for a very loosely scored 8.
Screenshot_20211120-213024_Shot Scope.jpg

The East Coast in the fall needs a rule that if you find any ball you can play it. But doesn’t sound like there were many to find.
It was pretty wild, we all spent a fair amount of time searching leaves for each other's shots and legitimately didn't find any ball in the leaves until #16.

It was pretty wild, we all spent a fair amount of time searching leaves for each other's shots and legitimately didn't find any ball in the leaves until #16.

Wow! How busy was the course?

Have you stopped smiling ear to ear yet? 😁

#15 is a nervy replica of #12 at Augusta. A mostly water carry to a tiny green guarded by bunkers front and back. Was playing 155 and I asked Keenan what he was doing and he said slightly choked down 8 so I figured a smooth 8 would work. Obviously with the shanks ever present I was mighty nervous. Step up and put a good swing on it that winds up a couple yards long and to the left of the pin but a darn good shot if I do say so myself. Hit a solid chip on and give myself a solid look at par but can't convert. I don't mind, told the guys if you'd told me I could card a 4 and move on from the hole I'd have hopped right back in the cart 😆.
Screenshot_20211120-213402_Shot Scope.jpg

Wow! How busy was the course?
Not remotely busy. We never saw anyone behind us and the only hole we had any wait on was approach on 14 and tee on 18. It was fantastic. We wrapped up our round in just over 3 1/2 hours which is pretty remarkable considering we did try to locate multiple balls in the leaves.

I mean yeah I'm back to reality but every time I reflect on what just happened that goofy grin reappears 😆
One of the best feelings in the world 👍

Not remotely busy. We never saw anyone behind us and the only hole we had any wait on was approach on 14 and tee on 18. It was fantastic. We wrapped up our round in just over 3 1/2 hours which is pretty remarkable considering we did try to locate multiple balls in the leaves.

Wow!! 3.5 hours might be a THP record! That’s awesome!

Looks like an incredible trip. Thank you for all the detail and letting us follow along!

#16 and at this point I'm getting a little sloppy with the driver. I'll partially blame fatigue since I'd taken a lot of swings at this point. Drive 1 sees the clubhead twist in my hand at contact sending the ball a mile right. Take another swing and over correct winding up left and in the leaves (never found). Keenan absolutely annihilated his drive, which was even more impressive when you consider JB told him he'd be disappointed if he didn't drive the green 😆. Hits a mid low bullet that had the green not been elevated absolutely settles on the green, an absolute crush job. I head up and drop roughly where I expected my ball to be, leave a pitch short, chip on and a couple putts for a loose 6. Keenan hit a good chip then crushed his birdie putt a solid 15 feet by the hole, but proceeded to can the comebacker for par. Said he was some glad to hit that cuz he woulda been real mad to make bogey after that drive🤣
Screenshot_20211120-215348_Shot Scope.jpg

I mean yeah I'm back to reality but every time I reflect on what just happened that goofy grin reappears 😆
That last for about 2 weeks then at least 2-3 times daily afterwards

17 and my sloppiness continued. Hit a decent drive but started it too far right so the fade with it put it in the dreaded leaves again 🤷‍♂️ Drop and catch a 5 iron chunky. Clip another good wedge but leave it well short and proceed to 3 putt. This is the hole you see the clip of Keenan walking in his birdie putt with a look of utter disdain as he knew he missed it immediately.
Screenshot_20211120-215920_Shot Scope.jpg

Outstanding recap so far @thewilderside seems like the new driver was treating you pretty solid. Can't fault that for the fatigue after going after some of those drives on the range.

Fan of the course too, I would say?

Last hole of the round and it's a visually beautiful finishing hole. Thankfully we had a couple minute wait on the tee box as it allowed me to regroup a little. I really wanted to finish strong. Thankfully I mostly did. Hit a real solid power fade that we initially thought wound up in the bunker but must have just cleared it. Step up and hit a marginal PW but it wasn't shanked and found the green. Had a solid 70 feet for birdie and didn't lag it all that close, leading to a 3 putt bogey but a solid ending nonetheless. Overall Shotscope puts the number at 104, and it's higher than that for sure if we played straight to the letter of the law but it was easily the most enjoyable round I've ever played that went over 100.
Screenshot_20211120-220116_Shot Scope.jpg

Outstanding recap so far @thewilderside seems like the new driver was treating you pretty solid. Can't fault that for the fatigue after going after some of those drives on the range.

Fan of the course too, I would say?
1000%. The course was challenging but fair and was in fantastic condition. The replica holes were very well done. It honestly reminded me a little bit of home with the trees, just a much more enjoyable grass to play off than I'm used to up here.

@thewilderside Sounds like you made the most of your experience. Keep that swing grooved. The driver seems to work really well for you.

Back