Sacks Parente Series 99 Putter Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
If you aren’t familiar with the name Sacks Parente yet, it’s worth looking back at the various articles, videos, and podcasts that THP has done on this brand and their putting instruments. Their stable is filled with blades and mallets that harness unique designs and are strong in technology. Even when perusing their catalog, one common option had been missing: a fully milled heel-toe plumbers neck putter. That all changed earlier this summer when Sacks Parente unveiled the Series 99. Before you look at the photos below and declare the Series 99 “just another Anser putter,” read on because there is more here than meets the eye. 

Sacks-Parente-Series-99-Putter-1.jpeg

What makes a Sacks Parente putter different than a vast majority of putters on that market? Well, it starts with their shaft. Usually, shaft talk is something that...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
:love:

Enjoyed that article @ddec
As someone that has tested out all of their previous models, this one is quite different and good looking.

Great write up @ddec! Figured this was coming after Off Course 2 weeks ago. This pendulum thought is interesting. I would like to try these out.

• Staff
Great write up @ddec! Figured this was coming after Off Course 2 weeks ago. This pendulum thought is interesting. I would like to try these out.

yeah I was excited to spend more time with it and I found the experience just became more natural after we had recorded that episode. Being the time of year it is I didn’t get to really go test it under “pressure” but came away super impressed.

yeah I was excited to spend more time with it and I found the experience just became more natural after we had recorded that episode. Being the time of year it is I didn’t get to really go test it under “pressure” but came away super impressed.
I feel like with all the weight down there it might seem somewhat harder to control. Did you find that to be the case?

I feel like with all the weight down there it might seem somewhat harder to control. Did you find that to be the case?

I actually like a lot of weight in my putter head and find those types of putters easier to control, personally. The way this putter is designed seems like it would be a good fit for folks like me.

• Staff

I did not. What's interesting is that I played a putter for a bit this year that was heavier in head weight by about 15 grams(Cobra Agera) and it doesn't give nearly the sensation that this one does. But again think of the weight differences at play here. Cobra's shaft and grip combo weigh about 220 grams. Sacks Parente about 60 grams. From what I saw, I'm a believer that control comes by how naturally that head wants to release. It's really hard to say, but I felt like I didn't need to try and force anything(if that makes any sense).

I did not. What's interesting is that I played a putter for a bit this year that was heavier in head weight by about 15 grams(Cobra Agera) and it doesn't give nearly the sensation that this one does. But again think of the weight differences at play here. Cobra's shaft and grip combo weigh about 220 grams. Sacks Parente about 60 grams. From what I saw, I'm a believer that control comes by how naturally that head wants to release. It's really hard to say, but I felt like I didn't need to try and force anything(if that makes any sense).
I have been in love when the my Agera from the MC so that's interesting.

That is a good looking putter and not a bad price point at all.

noting that the 66 is a long putter head heel to toe, how does this compare? compact?

noting that the 66 is a long putter head heel to toe, how does this compare? compact?

I'll throw up some shots of it next to my Vault 2.0 Anser and a couple of those PN options I have. To my eye, the way it's more squarish, it doesn't come across as a big difference to me than the Toulon San Diego. The size to me doesn't come across as anything abnormal.

Great article @ddec . Interesting to read about the changes that may feel small but add up to a large difference in putting.

I'll throw up some shots of it next to my Vault 2.0 Anser and a couple of those PN options I have. To my eye, the way it's more squarish, it doesn't come across as a big difference to me than the Toulon San Diego. The size to me doesn't come across as anything abnormal.
Did you u think the 66 was abnormal? only reason i thought so not so much on the ground at address, but putter covers didnt fit without a bit of an effort.

Did you u think the 66 was abnormal? only reason i thought so not so much on the ground at address, but putter covers didnt fit without a bit of an effort.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever held the 66. I did use the 54MH for a couple of holes and on a putting green before, but that was my only real SP experience. @JB might be able to help with that one.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever held the 66. I did use the 54MH for a couple of holes and on a putting green before, but that was my only real SP experience. @JB might be able to help with that one.

Thanks was going to be intrigued with the head to head sacks review.

I thought it was an excellent write-up. You explained everything very clearly.

I know some others are using titanium hosels to shift weight but probably not doing it in the same manner. The ultralight shaft and grip is interesting. I'd like to swing one to see the differences. After all these years of swinging a 360-370 head, and finding out I'm better with a low SW instrument and 340g head, I'd still like to feel what they've done.

It's just tough for me to look at other putters since my entire setup is custom. But I appreciate the tech and thinking outside the box.

Last edited:
Nice write up @ddec . My concern with these new options from places is that if you make the leap and then look for a change the resale market for these types doesn't exist. With Scotty or TM or others if I leap and change it's a minor hit.

Nice write up @ddec . My concern with these new options from places is that if you make the leap and then look for a change the resale market for these types doesn't exist. With Scotty or TM or others if I leap and change it's a minor hit.

Personally, I think looking at clubs for their resale value is a bad place to start. But I get your point about trying more of a boutique brand.

Personally, I think looking at clubs for their resale value is a bad place to start. But I get your point about trying more of a boutique brand.
I bought an Indi based on great reviews here. It has zero resale value. It's a great putter too. As are many others also. I have a wall of shame so to speak for those replaced. I'll sell one here and there.

Really solid review Dean, and a gorgeous putter to boot.

What do you think did you more good though, the putter, or the laser to confirm you were indeed yanking it too far to the inside?

Really solid review Dean, and a gorgeous putter to boot.

What do you think did you more good though, the putter, or the laser to confirm you were indeed yanking it too far to the inside?

I'll have some more stuff on the laser coming up with an article soon. I found it to be pretty fun to use, esp with this putter which supposedly helps inside out & outside in strokes. I actually do think the putter did well to get just get that clubhead swinging. I did a bunch of putting prior to busting out the laser, so I'm going to give more credit to the putter itself and then just used the laser to help visualize where I was going.

That actually a solid looking Anser style putter there. The shaft and grip is interesting to be sure especially as putter shafts seem to be becoming more and more of a thing.

That actually a solid looking Anser style putter there. The shaft and grip is interesting to be sure especially as putter shafts seem to be becoming more and more of a thing.

and the implementation is SO much better than what Bridgestone did with their version years ago.

and the implementation is SO much better than what Bridgestone did with their version years ago.
That grip was AWFUL

Back