Christmas Day Breakfast

Monkey bread is a staple.

What my wife makes is a fancy version of Grands.
It's kind of a holiday tradition for her (us). Same thing will happen for Easter and Thanksgiving.

Mimosas!

All these years eating bacon and mayo sandwiches I had no idea I was being so very cultured! :ROFLMAO:

You’re not! Mayo on a bacon sandwich would have you locked up in the Tower of London in the UK! HP sauce of nothing on a bacon sarnie!!!!

I'm watching this thread closely. Used to mostly be whatever awesome brown liquor I was gifted by Santa.

Coffee, OJ, waffles, fruit, whipped cream, scrambled eggs, bacon, rye toast.

I don't usually think about Christmas Day breakfast. I usually think about dinner!

The largest, messiest, most gluttonous burgers you can possibly imagine. Something about Xmas morning and BBQ'ing in -20C in a plaid shirt just feels right.

Normally just a bagel and cream cheese and coffee. We do a huge Christmas Day dinner with 30-80 family and eat Xmas dinner around 3pm with apps starting by noon and I like to be hungry. My mom has been hosting lately so the kitchen is already packed by breakfast time anyway.

Just toast and coffee. Big meal at lunch and I want to do it justice.

Coffee and cheesecake. Family tradition. We then all get together and are gluttons with bisquits and gravy for a brunch.

Cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate in our house

Mimosas!

You’re not! Mayo on a bacon sandwich would have you locked up in the Tower of London in the UK! HP sauce of nothing on a bacon sarnie!!!!
But sadly "real" HP sauce is not available easily here in North America! It has a completely different taste over here.

Breakfast sausage casserole:

my stepmom made it for years when I was a kid and we have made it for years for our kids.

Every year I make breakfast casserole with potatoes, ham, eggs, and cheese. Delicious!

I’ll usually cook up some eggs and bacon. Coffee of course, with OJ and sparkling wine.

I miss Christmas breakfast at my Mom’s! It was always a tradition. We would eat a late breakfast around 10am. She would fix homemade biscuits, gravy, pancakes, eggs, grits, hash browns. We would have fresh sausage and bacon. Continued as we became adults.

We don't have any set in stone traditions, but often it is;

-either homade cinnamon rolls or waffles
- country scramble with ham or omelets
-hash browns
-fruit on waffles or fruit salad on the side

coffee for Dad.

This year, hopefully either breakfast tacos or breakfast quesadillas.

This year, hopefully either breakfast tacos or breakfast quesadillas.

You've got me wondering if I can convince the family this is a brilliant idea. Because it is.

You've got me wondering if I can convince the family this is a brilliant idea. Because it is.
We are super tired of the same old Christmas fare to be honest. Christmas Eve we started doing all sorts of different things like appetizer night, nachos, indian food....

Last year when we didn't get to go anywhere due to lockdowns was actually one of our favorites. Didn't have to do the meals that my parents would usually insist on for the big day.

Nothing out of the ordinary or anything special.

I generally eat microwave chicken sandwiches every day that I am home for breakfast

Back