Adams Golf Demo Day Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2011 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day has concluded and one of the many wonderful things that took place was the ability to hit just about every piece golf equipment you could imagine. We provided notebooks, pens, and gear and ask that people give their thoughts on the equipment that they tried.

This thread will be devoted for the Adams Golf equipment that was out there.

Speedline F11 Driver
Speedline F11 FW Woods
Idea Tech V3 Hybrids
Idea Tech V3 Irons
Redline Irons
Redline Hybrids
Puglielli Black Wedges
Adams Pro a12 Hybrids

This is the list and we look forward to hearing everybody's thoughts that got to experience this incredible day of demoing equipment.

I will have more on them later, but Redline irons are really, really good!

Posted via Tapatalk.

I heard a lot of wonderful things about the a12 hybrids. I love it when folks get home, start getting settled, and start sharing thoughts on products.

I thought the redline irons were possibly the best, definitely top 2 in irons for the week. They almost felt a little muted, but I loved it. High, straight on every shot. Id game them in a second. They dont look nearly as terrible in person as they did in the original online pics.

As for the a12 hybo, I absolutely hated it. It didnt carry the distance of the others, and wasnt forgiving at all. On top of all that, it was by far the worst hybrid for glare that I have ever swung. Just an all around, ugly and ill-performing hybrid.

• Admin
Speedline F11 Driver
This one surprised me quite a bit. Stable and forgiving and pretty darn long for me. It has that Speedline sound that many are used to. Not my favorite sound, but a solid overall performer and for me the best Speedline they have put out since the original.

Speedline F11 FW Woods
I struggled with this FW wood a lot, but I think I was in the minority here as I saw a few people absolutely killing it.

Idea Tech V3 Hybrids
Idea Tech V3 Irons

This was my least favorite of the Adams equipment at demo day.

Redline Irons
These were really good. I mean really good! It appears as though Adams might have something here in that they look like they have a pocket cavity that has been filled with a softer insert. That inserts mutes vibration a little bit and sound, but what it did was offer for me this soft sound that is really pleasant. It translated to me to be almost like not hitting anything. I really liked these and could put them in my bag very quickly. Long, high, straight and offer plenty of forgiveness. I definitely want to spend time with these on the golf course at some point.

Puglielli Black Wedges
Dont sleep on these. Very nice looking wedge that offers a great feel and solid performance. Have I mentioned how good looking these are?

Adams Pro a12 Hybrids
I agree with Thainer here, however I think we are the only two...hehe. I just dont understand the idea behind taking a black club that would be great to reduce glare and adding a glossy type of finish directly to the top of it but only in a section. It added glare for me and is just something I did not care for.

Overall
I thought Adams had some great products out there and the Redline iron set is one I look forward to a lot of feedback on. It was a set I did not think too much about heading in and coming out of demo day could be one of the sets that was a real sleeper.

I came away pretty impressed with Adams Golf this year. Adams just seems to be rounding into a very solid OEM with the irons finally starting to come around as Ive always thought they were lacking in years past in this area.

Speedline F11 Driver
Speedline F11 FW Woods
- The Speedline F11 stuff is legit. Specifically the 3W really impressed me. It was easy to hit and I looked to be getting good distance out of it too. The little notch in the top of it was odd but really didnt bother me.

Idea Tech V3 Hybrids - These are very solid hybrids but I think there are better options out there right now. Love the look though

Redline Irons - I was very very impressed with these. Not crazy about the look of them but in person its not nearly as bad as the pictures. I actually like the finish just not the graphics. These were the second most surprising irons of the demo day for me. They felt good and went far. Really far. If you are in the market for GI irons these should be very high on the list.

Redline Hybrids - Didnt really care for this hyrbid. Its huge and looks almost like a 3W.

Puglielli Black Wedges - Last year when I fist tried this wedge I really liked it and I still do. One of the more underrated wedges out there.

Adams Pro a12 Hybrids - While I agree that the glossy finish on top is annoying and odd I just really liked this hybrid. Its not real big but its also not so small that you think youre going to mis-hit it. Sometimes a club just seems to work well and this one worked well for me. I always like how Adams hybrid feel and sound and this one didnt disappoint.

The redlines look great with their pseudo-cavity. So would these be Adams answer to the TM 2.0's??

The redlines look great with their pseudo-cavity. So would these be Adams answer to the TM 2.0's??

I believe that it is.

Yes.

The only Adams product I demoed were the Redline irons at the suggestion of another member. Not that I was avoiding Adams. I just didn't have time to hit much at demo day.

Let me say that I am so glad I hit them. I ended up taking them out on the course for both rounds I played at the outing. They are easily one of, or the, longest irons I have hit. I can't come here and say exactly how much longer they are than others because I didn't do a true head-to-head comparison, but I was hitting them 5-10 yards longer (or more) on well struck shots than the S3's. One 6 iron in particular was 15 yards longer than my normal 6 iron shot (without wind, btw).

Ball flight was absolutely beautiful for me. The set I had was stock shafts in stiff flex. They got the ball up in a hurry, but were very piercing. The shafts themselves may scare some away due to being stock, no-name, etc, but they were fantastic imo.

The sole and cavity were fairly large, but that doesn't bother me at all. They insert in the cavity was a bit different in looks and how it affected the feel. These were honestly about the softest irons I've ever hit on good and bad shots. Almost artificially soft and it took a bit to get used to the feel, but in the end, I really enjoyed it.

I'm still not crazy about the look, but I don't care at all. The matte gray finish was ok for me, but kind of boring. I didn't love the look of the cavity either. However, the distance, ball flight, feel, and playability of these irons completely overshadows that.

One last note on the irons. I found the stock grips to get quite slick in the FL heat and humidity. If I owned these irons, I would switch them out. The grips were soft and felt nice, but they weren't grippy enough for me.

That settles it. You guys are saying the same things I have experienced with the Redlines. Getting these irons. New Decade MC white/black grips are a free upgrade and I already hit em off a lie board. I didn't have a chance to hit the 5I, how was it? The 5I being 24* I may want to start the set at 6I. DGs are a free upgrade as well, but those add quite a bit of weight so I will stick with that stock shaft that seems to work wonderfully. Hybrids of the set I can do without, but the irons are in a league of their own.

If I were to purchase them, I'd get the 5i just in case, but I didn't take it out with me this weekend. I play a 5 hybrid and like it too much. I would just get 5-GW if I had the choice.

I will have to look back over my notes for this but I do remember a few things off the top of my head.

Redline hybrid: I thought it performed well. Sounded good and seemed to offer some forgiveness. However there was just something missing. I couldn't put my finger on it. I was hitting it with OEM and we both said the same thing. Overall a solid option, but to me there was something about it that made me not want it.

F11 fairway: Easy to hit. Seemed to have good distance. I think it looked kind of funny with the slot, but after a few swings that stopped being an issue. Was great to hit off of the tee, so for someone who struggles with the driver this could be a great way to go.

Like I said I will have to look over my notes tonight for more of my thoughts, but I though Adams offered some good options for golfers of all skills.

If I were to purchase them, I'd get the 5i just in case, but I didn't take it out with me this weekend. I play a 5 hybrid and like it too much. I would just get 5-GW if I had the choice.

Thanks Hawk. I may pass on it for now and grab it later if I see a need. The distance these gave I am 95% sure they will flow into my current hybird setup ok. 24* iron may be a bit inconsistent for me.

I so wanted to hit the Redline irons but couldn't get around to it. The V3's I didn't really care for. The F11 FW is an excellent club. I have heard a lot about how the notch is distracting but to me it's like it wasn't there. If anything I used it more of a larger alignment aid. The Puglielli wedges were really nice to look at. Didn't hit them but heard some folks saying nice stuff about them. Loved the finish and like many have said extremely underrated in the wedge category.

My star of the Adams line has to go to the A12 hybrid. I really liked the overall look of it except for that glossy top cap (it's like someone fell asleep behind the wheel on the design process and just threw it on there not realizing how it could benefit, or in this case hinder the golfer). I believe it had the Matrix Ozik shaft and comes stock with GP NDMC's. I agree with what some folks have said earlier on this club that when you hit it, it goes. But when you miss it hurts like hell. Not very forgiving so I would not recommend this for your beginners or ones that are still trying to find their swing. For someone that can repeatedly hit the sweet spot, I could see this in their bag because if you hit it on the screws it flies. It is also easily workable as I was able to hit some different shots with this (not a clunky feeling club so it was easy to maneuver). Recommended for folks that are in tune with their game and are comfortable with working the ball around.

Overall it was a nice line if the Redlines are, what folks have talked about, legit. I was also hoping to hit the new A12 irons but alas they did not make it on time.

Keep the reviews coming everybody.

If anyone's thinking about buying (Adams or otherwise) PM me for a quote (discount). I'll get Mr. Blind 9 to chime in tonight on the hard goods.

Great stuff so far folks, this is why I love THP so much, I am not in the market for irons right now, but if I were, the Adams redline irons would have not even been on my radar.

I hit the redline irons and was very impressed. They were not the longest but weren't short by any means. The were very accurate and forgiving with a bit of a muted feel. They are a very solid set of irons.

Idea Tech V3 Hybrids - I liked these a lot. They are a little bigger than I'm used to, but they are high launching and very forgiving, which is exactly what most people are looking for in a hybrid. These should definitely be on your list if you're in the market for hybrids.

Redline Hybrids - These were not my cup of tea. Way too big of a hybrid for me. I felt like it looked more like a fairway wood behind the ball than a hybrid.

It sounds like red line irons are worth a look, but how about the red line hybrids? So far only comments about the physical size...but nothing about how they performed! Thanks for any thoughts or comments on those!

I got to try the Redline irons at the end of the day when Hawk was hitting them. I wrote in my notebook two words: Holy S#!t!! I only took two shots with them but man, were they good shots. High and long. Great sound and feel for me. Really liked them.

Hit the V3 6 and 8 hybrids earlier in the day. Really liked these as well. Really long for me compared to the other irons I had hit that morning. Very forgiving. Not a huge fan of the all black, but otherwise, these were very solid clubs.

I will edit this post with my thoughts when I get my notepad. I will say that I really liked the Redline irons and the A12 hybrid was real nice when I hit it. Not so nice when I missed it. Really liked the 3W. Gotta look at my notes to get a little more indepth

Speedline irons--Wow. Top 3 irons for me. Don't really care for the looks but I would still bag them. Very soft feel and almost too muted. Forgiveness is off the charts with these. Hit a few shots that were pretty bad and they still went high and straight. Did I mention these go high? Close to too high for me. Good distance as well. I would bag these in a second

A12 hybrid-- Really liked this hybrid. When I hit it on the screws it just flew for me. Mid ball flight that just kept going. Mishits though were another story. This is definitely more of a players club. Did not like the glare at all. What were they thinking?

F11 3W--A tale of two swings. I crushed this thing when I hit it well. Ball just took off and kept going. Slight mishits were an entirely different story. I need a more forgiving club than this but good ballstrikers should hit this club. The weird look stopped looking weird after a few swings.

Last edited:
It sounds like red line irons are worth a look, but how about the red line hybrids? So far only comments about the physical size...but nothing about how they performed! Thanks for any thoughts or comments on those!

I was not there, but I have hit the Redline hybrids enough to formulate a fairly educated opinion. The hybrids are the Adams Super Hybrids only not all black. So, any review you read about the Super Hybrids will apply to the Redline Hybrids. The only difference is that useless weight port found in the Super Hybrid. It is absent in the Redline hybrid.

Not too long ago I picked up a 17* Super Hybrid from a fellow THP'er only to have it stolen from my bag. I can say without a doubt that the 2 clubs are identical in performance. Consider these short FWs. I didn't get enough trajectory on the 4H to consider it a scoring club. Best way to sum it up all up is they aren't bad, but they aren't great. A previous poster mentioned that something was missing with these and that is spot on. Adams would have done much better to include a V3 type hybrid with this set over a Super Hybrid type hybrid.

Distance is slightly above average, feel is OK and mostly based in the metallic sound you get, forgiveness is below average though not bad, accuracy is solid, and playability (trajectory) was a bit low for me. It's a club that almost gets there but falls short because it does not excel in any one area.

Last edited:
I was not there, but I have hit the Redline hybrids enough to formulate a fairly educated opinion. The hybrids are the Adams Super Hybrids only not all black. So, any review you read about the Super Hybrids will apply to the Redline Hybrids. The only difference is that useless weight port found in the Super Hybrid. It is absent in the Redline hybrid.

Not too long ago I picked up a 17* Super Hybrid from a fellow THP'er only to have it stolen from my bag. I can say without a doubt that the 2 clubs are identical in performance. Consider these short FWs. I didn't get enough trajectory on the 4H to consider it a scoring club. Best way to sum it up all up is they aren't bad, but they aren't great. A previous poster mentioned that something was missing with these and that is spot on. Adams would have done much better to include a V3 type hybrid with this set over a Super Hybrid type hybrid.

Distance is slightly above average, feel is OK and mostly based in the metallic sound you get, forgiveness is below average though not bad, accuracy is solid, and playability (trajectory) was a bit low for me. It's a club that almost gets there but falls short because it does not excel in any one area.

Thanks for the info. Griff!!

First of all wow the Adams presence was huge! I didn't get to hit too much of the gear but what I did hit I was fairly impressed. I saw Hawk destroy some Redline Irons and really hope he gets his redline on soon again.

Redline Irons:
I maybe be in the minority but I didn't care for the sound/feel. It was almost too muted for me. One thing is the distance is there as well as the forigiveness. Even without that sound/feel I'd have to give these another look for the pure performance of these clubs. They look amazing as well. Huge fan of the finish and all over, Adams has some great looking clubs.

Adams Pro a12 Hybrids:
I didn't quite get the looks of this one. I managed to get quite a few swings and hit some great shots. Back to the looks, it just didn't seem to really go well. It was like pairing patterns and plaid, ya just don't. :) THe ballflight seemed lower than other hybrids but I had no issues getting this club to work. Again, range hero here but I'd love a chance out on the course. Didn't seem as long as the others but for me, it might be a perfect iron replacement.

Back