Irrational dislike of certain brands

Only one name stands out for me: 'Top-flite'. Just can't do it. Find there balls by the bushel on the course and just let em lie.

Same here!

Also, I have no love for Slazenger. No real reason why. Hit a few of their balls and didn't see anything too great about them...

I don't care for TM or Callaway. TM seems to want to suck you in to a nonstop buying cycle and I want no part of that. Plus, it's been awhile since I hit a TM club I would play let alone buy. Callaway...just plain irrational dislike here. Current pricing basically seems in line, but in the past Callaway's pricing was very irritating (expensive). I irrationally blame them for the current pricing of drivers.

None here, I'm pretty much open to all brands. I've got Nike, Nickent, Odyssey, and TMade all in my bag ATM.

Only one name stands out for me: 'Top-flite'. Just can't do it. Find there balls by the bushel on the course and just let em lie.

I'm the same way, but if I find one I'll check to see if it's a Gamer - I've heard good things about that ball.

I don't think I'd discriminate against any club maker, well, except for Jack Hamm's "Hammer". I'd take a sledgehammer to it. Pow!

I will try pretty much anything but if it looks ugly then it won't be used no matter how good they are. I can't feel confident standing over a ball if I am looking down at an fugly club

I have an irrational hatred for bridgestone and srixon clubs. If their clubs were so good, then I should be able to find them in a store. I respect that their user love them, but I can't love them if I can't find them. Love their golf balls, just not their clubs.

I also can't stand any time somebody says, " Brand-X's makes the best _______."

White golf balls have become my nemisis. Entirely irrational but I cannot use them anymore, so glad that the RX comes in yellow

callaway. i can't hit their equipment and don't like the lack of a hosel on most woods.

Callaway. I just don't think I'll ever play any Callaway equipment. I don't like the feel of their drivers and I had a bad day with a Callaway ball once and it's just a thing of mine to never play Callaway again.

I have never hit any Nike clubs, not saying I would not try them if they came out with something that caught my interest, but I just don't care for Nike as a company.

Wow I totally forgot about that...I do that exact same thing. I won't play/use them and have no idea why I think they are not good golf balls.

Because when you hit them it feels like you just hit a rock. Feels as though you could break a club face hitting them hard.

Ha ha. What a great thread. I thought I was the only one who had irrational reasons to not play a brand. Personally, I won't play a Wilson, Cobra, or Adams club of any sorts. I don't know why, they just don't look and feel correct to me. The worst for me though is Calloway: I know they make good equipment, I just can't bring myself to play it. Not sure why.

But you don't even know me!

Nike and Scratch. I've never hit any of their clubs and don't intend to. There are few other companies I don't really care for but I will use some of their products.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the new pro combos. I thought they were fantastic irons. Seriously, if/when you can, demo them.

Before this last THP Demo day I would have said Heavy Golf. Then I hit them. Wow. They cant change theyre name fast enough.

Before this last THP Demo day I would have said Heavy Golf. Then I hit them. Wow. They cant change theyre name fast enough.

Great call on that. I had little interest in testing their stuff, but man I'm sure glad I did. I don't think I disliked them, but I didn't want to give them the time of day.

Great call on that. I had little interest in testing their stuff, but man I'm sure glad I did. I don't think I disliked them, but I didn't want to give them the time of day.

My feelings exactly. I tried to ignore them but you guys kept saying how good it was.

Scotty Cameron and Titleist, personally i HATED titleist but the 910 kind of changed my mind, i dont hate them as much now lol. Scottys i do hate with a passion though, its like a cult following and i just dont get why, not that good IMO

I would love to hear your thoughts on the new pro combos. I thought they were fantastic irons. Seriously, if/when you can, demo them.

+1, not that there was a lot for me to test there but the pro combos won my lefty best in show at the demo day.

For me it's TM, never had anything against them until they started running that super-annoying commercial at the beginning of the year for those uglyass white drivers. You all know the commercial I mean, the one with the Barney song in it. I have refused to even consider TM products since that commercial.

That one is a terrible commercial... I don't like the Villegas commercial either, "No speed to fast." or whatever he repeats over & over...

callaway- i dont know why just dont like them

ping- because they are the worst sticklers for price, and god forbid u offer a discount on something from them

Nike and Callaway.

Callaway's clubs just haven't appealed to me since the original War Birds. As for Nike, just never took to the swoosh on clubs I guess. I've only tried one putter and one driver, that's it.

I also have a strange thing with Pro V's. The only Pro V I've ever played was the star (*). Remember that one? Despite finding many, I've NEVER EVEN HIT a Pro V1 or X. No idea why, have no problem with Titleist, played and loved some of their clubs. Weird psychological block.

Nike - They make good shoes but I wouldn't buy a club by FootJoy either.

Callaway - Love Phil but don't get the brand. Big Bertha? Really?

The subdued designs of Titleist (irons) and PING (woods) have earned my trust though Taylor Made is growing on me (but not the white woods).

I read this earlier and really couldn't think of any golf brand that I dislike. But I was wrong, Adidas shoes really bug me, I love the way they look but can never find a comfortable pair. As
Far as clubs go I am not really a fan of Ping, irons always look clunky over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back