TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I know it's odd, and I know that I've said a brazilian times that I tend to look at the ball, but the loft of the hybrid was very clear to me at address and it made me conscious of it, and it made me want to hit down on it even more than necessary. Petty? maybe. Honest? Yup.

It just isn't something that I'd want to "get use to". Not a hybrid going in my bag, that's for sure.

Maybe this is what I've never been able to put my finger on, but I'm not sure. I love it off the tee, but definitely not off the turf. It seems like a 5 wood to me. Off the tee I think it's a beast, but wouldn't find a slot in my bag as a keeper because I'm not going to carry a 3H I can only hit off the tee.

I know it's odd, and I know that I've said a brazilian times that I tend to look at the ball, but the loft of the hybrid was very clear to me at address and it made me conscious of it, and it made me want to hit down on it even more than necessary. Petty? maybe. Honest? Yup.

It just isn't something that I'd want to "get use to". Not a hybrid going in my bag, that's for sure.

I totally hear that. You shouldn't have to settle for a club. It should work for you. If it doesn't, then there are other options out there.

I totally hear that. You shouldn't have to settle for a club. It should work for you. If it doesn't, then there are other options out there.

I can't help but wonder what it would be like if I had one without the white groove lines on the face. I'd love to remove the paintfill and retry one.

I can't help but wonder what it would be like if I had one without the white groove lines on the face. I'd love to remove the paintfill and retry one.

I don't think it's just the paintfill.

^ While I was selecting hybrids it I kept thinking there is something off with this club. I looked closer at the face and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. White grooves were a horrible horrible idea. I was relieved when you an coolbreeze had the same rant on the range.

Performance wise it didn't wow me like the rest of TM's 2011 line. Kept sending off low screaming hooks with this club.

None of the other white clubs have white grooves, why this one?

--
tapatalk

Thats interesting. Its like in your head now. They didnt bother me at all and I hit these pretty good too. I bet it was because the Speed Sleeve is made by TM too

Thats interesting. Its like in your head now. They didnt bother me at all and I hit these pretty good too. I bet it was because the Speed Sleeve is made by TM too

Maybe so dude. I'd take a black sharpie to that thing.

Jetta guys love white paintfill.

I never noticed the paintfil. Interesting. I what it is like when something negative sticks out.

I do think that these clubs could be easier transitioned into iron sets if the lofts weren't as strong. But I do like the added distance. I have been working on hooking/drawing the ball less with these sticks.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great feedback in this thread. I have been lurking around for a bit and finally have a 21* TP with the Matrix Altus on the way. This will be my first hybrid and am very much much looking forward to taking my 3 iron out of the bag.

Hey everybody i will be playing after work today, its finally quit raining and storming, for 2 days straight we were under the gun with Tornados and sever weather, i will have a update later tonight

Alright guys and gals just got back from the course and it was closed from all the rain, hopefully tomorrow morning they said it will be open but i did spend ALLOT of time on the range, from 1-4:30, It was just a awesome day on the range, i was hitting everything great, 4-LW, Driver, and Rescue11 all performed amazing for me today. I hit allot and i mean allot of balls with the Rescue11 and i only had about 10 that got away from me, everything i hit today was high draws with the Driver and Rescue11 and irons were all just high and straight. I could not of asked for a better session, you know it was good when i stayed out there for 3.5 hours. Hopefully the course is playable tomorrow so i can give another on course review. Here is a pic after my first large bucket of balls, was proud of my nice little square lol. It was almost a perfect square after i was done with the 3rd bucket
EpicRangeSession.jpg

^^^^ Awesome! It is probably my favorite club. That has not cahnged for sometime. If I am swinging my irons poorly, I will hit this. Its a confidence builder for me and its utility is awesome. I am a firm believer in the chipping with this club. It really does rescue me sometimes. I am thinking about putting a 4h in...

Good stuff 10YD! I love the awesome divot patch buddy.

^^^^ Awesome! It is probably my favorite club. That has not cahnged for sometime. If I am swinging my irons poorly, I will hit this. Its a confidence builder for me and its utility is awesome. I am a firm believer in the chipping with this club. It really does rescue me sometimes. I am thinking about putting a 4h in...

Its one of my favorites as well, it has been my favorite but i think the Zstar is taking that spot at the moment, getting great performance from both. I practiced bump and runs with it today for about 45 minutes

Good stuff 10YD! I love the awesome divot patch buddy.

Thanks TC, i hate seeing random divots all over the place when they could just do that lol.

I am struggling with hooking my rescue 11 3h - but the 5h is my go to club if I need a good shot to make up ground from a bad tee shot. Having this 5h in my bag has changed my golf game.

I hit it twice yesterday just to leave myself in good positions for wedge shots. It really is easy to hit. The 5h that is.

I am struggling with hooking my rescue 11 3h - but the 5h is my go to club if I need a good shot to make up ground from a bad tee shot. Having this 5h in my bag has changed my golf game.

I hit it twice yesterday just to leave myself in good positions for wedge shots. It really is easy to hit. The 5h that is.

have you opened the 3h up with the FCT? that should help quite a bit

have you opened the 3h up with the FCT? that should help quite a bit

I may give it a try. My hooks are more swing related. I tend to over swing and slide forward and over rotate my wrists. But I'm getting great distance and I don't ever fear hitting it. So I have that going for, which is nice.

I had another round with the hybrid again a couple days ago. I only had one shot that I caught a little thin, but other than that I hit it perfectly. I was hitting the ball really well so I didn't have any odd shots out of the rough or in any tough positions, so the only times I used it was off the tee, and once off the fairway on a par 5. The one out of the fairway was the one I caught a little thin, but it still flew very nicely and I got about 190 yards out of it. Nothing new to add about performance, as I have already mentioned how great this club performs. The one thing that does stand out to me a little more now is how easy this is to hit off the tee compared to my old Nike Slingshot. I get better flight and more distance, what more could you ask for. Any time I need a go-to club when I need to end up in the fairway, this is the club I choose.

Played 18 yesterday. I hit the Rescue 11 TP 3h off the tee eight times and hit eight fairways. I also used it to hit a few bumps around the green. In both of these areas I really like the club, but I tried to hit it from the fairway two more times and I'm just not a fan of how this club performs in this area. Compared to other hybrids on the market this club is lacking in that area.

Played 18 yesterday. I hit the Rescue 11 TP 3h off the tee eight times and hit eight fairways. I also used it to hit a few bumps around the green. In both of these areas I really like the club, but I tried to hit it from the fairway two more times and I'm just not a fan of how this club performs in this area. Compared to other hybrids on the market this club is lacking in that area.

Yeah, not so sure I could live with a hybrid that I struggled hitting off the deck. That's not a good mix.

Yeah, not so sure I could live with a hybrid that I struggled hitting off the deck. That's not a good mix.

not its not, thats the most important part IMO, i really struggled with mine today, since im without a driver at the moment i took the demo 910D2 out on course for 9 and actually hit it really well when i put a good swing on it, back to the rescue11, i used it a couple times today and both shots were very bad, my swing has went down the drain today. Both the shots i hit were low/mid trajectory push fades, not something im happy about as that is one of the shots that bug me the most. Gonna upload some pics tonight to show the updated wear. Gonna relax for a couple days and let my allergies settle down as they are the worst they have been all year, i can barely keep my eyes open lol

May29th,2011 Wear Pics

May29th,2011 Wear Pics

Hey everybody here are some updated pics of the wear my rescue11 is seeing, still not to bad at all, very impressed at how the paint is holding up, this is straight from the course, not cleaned up at all. Enjoy
MayRescue11.jpg

MayRescue114.jpg

MayRescue113.jpg

MayRescue112.jpg

Back